Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [WIP] World One: Randomized RPG about exploration!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ElnuDev, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

Currently I am working on World One, a randomized RPG about exploration using sound effects and art from OGA.

So far I have been working on it for about a month (I'm still relatively new to Unity) and have created an external map generator, which creates realistic maps in Linux command line. This is yet to be integrated with the game, currently the maps are white noise. with no order or water bodies.

There are several different terrain types (mountain, forest, taiga, etc) along with different cultural village tiles (currently English cottages and Adobe, from the Adobe-2 tileset.)

Eventually there will be enemies, merchants and NPC's for the character to interact with and to spend his/her coins on.

Here is a quick demo with the white noise map system, village tiles (without NPC's), biome based animals (non-interactable), and various camera control functions.

I will soon add art credits (everything, except the music is mine.)

2. CharisVik

CharisVik

this looks nice.

Will the fights be real time or turn based?

ElnuDev likes this.
  3. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

Probably real time, like Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past. Thanks for your response! I'll keep this thread up-to-date on progress.

CharisVik likes this.
  4. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

Another demo video, featuring buyable items. The system is not complete yet.

5. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

Added buildings you can walk into.

From now on all video updates will be posted here.
    Just didn't want to clog up the thread. ;)

6. Bud-Leiser

Bud-Leiser

Very interesting concept.
    Are you using any tools or kits from the asset store?

7. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

No, I am not. Actually, I'm just a beginner at Unity. This project was a bit too ambitious, so I'm putting this on the shelf until I have more time and I get a little better at this engine. Thank you for your reply! I'll keep this thread posted if I start up the project again.

astracat111 and CharisVik like this.