Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

[WiP] Waterstrider Rover

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MorArt, Feb 29, 2016.

1. MorArt

MorArt

Hi! I'm currently working on this Sci-Fi Rover\Jeep model:

I welcome comments and suggestions from Game Devs out there, so that I can build a more desirable product:
    - For what kind of game would you use this asset?
    - What would be the optimal polycount for such a game?
    - What costumisation options would you like to see?

I can't promise to integrate all suggestions, but I'll do my best :)

2. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I think the most important thing is to make the all the wheels independent and detachable and preferably the steering wheel as well so it can be integrated with a 3rd party vehicle physics pack. Most developers do do this, but some don't.

3. Patico

Patico

It would be great to have couple of models with diffetent polycount for desktop/mobile usage.
    EDIT: You can take a look at this asset, or this publisher's series

4. MorArt

MorArt

You mean having the wheels and suspensions as separate objects? Yes that's what I have so far. In fact the idea is to, post-release, possibly even add alternative parts as well. So the developer would have different wheel types, different "suspension arms", etc.

Good idea, yes!
    Aren't those polycounts (2000-3000 polys) too high for mobile, though?

5. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Yes the suspension would be a nice touch, especially considering the type of vehicle you are making.

6. Patico

Patico

I do not develope for mobile now, but I think it alway depends on such things like mobile device GPU/CPU and number of models. For example, if I use one your vehocle I got 2000 poligons, but if I want to make a race game, I usually use more the one model.