Search Unity

Feedback [WIP] Visual Transform Changes Debugger - view/replay all transform changes - frame-by-frame

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ChrisHandzlik, Sep 7, 2021.

?

Are those hard to track transform changes an issue to you at all?

1. Yes - and I can see how the tool like that would help

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes - but I don't think tool like that would help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ChrisHandzlik

ChrisHandzlik

I wonder if you also run into a frustrating issue where transform misbehaves (say moving/rotating not in the way it should) - just to spend much more time on it than you thought it'd take?

I've been toying with the idea of creating a visual transform debugger tool that can show me:
    - all transform changes (position/rotation/scale) to specific objects on a frame-by-frame basis
    - calling instance object and script as well as calling method
    - preview historical frame changes to help isolate an exact frame, script and calling instance where issue occurs

And allow me to somehow affect execution at runtime (without recompiling) so I can quickly see if skipping specific changes is helping.

Managed to put it into a POC and now I'm looking to get some feedback on it, if you have 4 minutes spare can you please have a look at the video?

I'm very keen to understand if:
    - It's an issue for you as well?
    - If so do you think an approach from the video would help?

Thanks!

2. ChrisHandzlik

ChrisHandzlik

Apologies I think this been created in wrong forum by mistake, if better suited to 'Work in Progress -> Tools In Progress' can I please ask a moderator to move. Thanks