Search Unity

Games [WIP] Turn base RPG Tactics like

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by guicamarotto, Aug 21, 2020.

1. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

Hello everyone. My name is Guilherme and Im from Brazil. After few years without work in any project, me and a friend, who also is brazilian but lives on California, started a new project. We never go so far with any project like this, so we are very excited this time.

We already decided a name for our game, and we have a good and initial plot, but about that we prefer to keep secret for while.

So, about the project, everthing started with some reference games that we are playing, and just for fun we tried something on unity, and that was the result.

Pretty simple, pretty dumb yeah. But take us a lot of time to understand how to do that. And after this a whole world of possibles blows up on our minds.
    So we take serious on the project, and start to research and studing many things.

As we are just developers, we don't know anything about art and design. but we don't give up and try to do something in pixel art.

Our first character looks like this:

And we love it. But unfortunatelly bring a lot of problems to animate, so we continue to improve and try other concepts.

So we evolve to that 2 months later.

And 2 months later, we have this too:

Yeah, its a long way yet, but we very have with our progress and the results. Still need polish animations, performance, finish story, create more characters, stages, scenes. But we are still on the very begining.

Just want to share with you guys, and I'll try to update this post with news, and maybe one day release this game of ours dreams to you.

Thanks.

KeyGameUniverse likes this.
  2. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

I like it so far :) .

Will it be like Fire Emblem or more like Final Fantasy tactics?

guicamarotto likes this.
  3. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

A little of both I guess. Actually we have a lot of ideas to implement on this project, to try make it different you know. But keep following, and we will showing piece by piece what we've are working on and new stuff. Thanks for your support by the way, I aprreciate a lot and this give us energy to nerver give up. ;)

KeyGameUniverse likes this.
  4. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --

This week was though on work for me and my buddy, so we don't make much progress.

We discuss a lot about game mechanics, did a lot of brainstorm around some ideas that we have to the game. So we start to implement a new logic for the combat, it gonna be something unique and new I guess, also we implement a fog of war for battle, so this we can share.

To the next week, we plan to create a new character for the main party do make company for our mainly character which is alone for now. And we plan to finish the AI for enemies too.

Oh, and we finish the first attack animation, that look great. But we will show together with combat system when finished.

5. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --

This week we fix some bugs on run animation and finish a couple of thing like
    - Enemy AI for chase a player and attack when its possible
    - finish all animations of our first playable character (attack on 4 directions, die, use skill, custom skill)
    - advanced a lot on the new combat system that I talked about, but we will not share yet, it will be a surprise

We start to modeling a new character, its another and pretty girl for the party lol.

thats it for now, I don't made a video or gif to show, maybe we will a big and better video when more content is avaiable!

6. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --
    We slowing down a little our development, but in these days we get in touch with an artist, who will do some sketches and illustration of our first and mainly character.
    We also able to fix some bug and improve AI system.
    And we are focusing on create new characters.

As we have ours jobs, family and others stuff to take care, we have little time to dedicate to our project, but the important is never give up, and with small steps do something to move on with the progress of this game.

Hope we have more and better stuff to show next time.

7. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --

Hello guys, we are still alive. We do not advance anything on game yet, because some personal subjects, like travel, vacancy and other things. But we are talking with a local artist to make some characters arts and avatars for us, and also we are finishing our second character. still needs to define some colors and do the animations, but she will look like this:

aoae1.jpeg aoae2.jpeg aoae3.jpeg aoae4.jpeg

We have already more three characters planned, and we might return with some code and screen features.

See you soon. :)

8. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --

Hi all, just a little update with new scenes that we are thinking to implement. We are using a game data holder object, with dont destroy object to keep data between scenes, and there is a loading screen between scenes too, but it is too quickly too see I guess for now.

9. guicamarotto

guicamarotto

-- Update Log --

hello all!! we are back. since a while that we don't update anything. the main news is, we decided to change our project to 3D. We did have a lot of issues and difficult with 2D isometric, so we think do everything in 3D but render camera with a pixel 2D shader will be better.

So soon we will post some changes and new images and videos around our development.