Search Unity

[WIP] TressFX Portation

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by kennux, Feb 28, 2014.

1. vincismurf

vincismurf

I have grabbed the current " TressFX Portation for Unity3D " and found that the hair was transparent. I changed the line described above for this.LinkedListHead = new RenderTexture which helped but now the hair is popping. Suggestions?

2. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

This still being worked on? planning to use this real soon :D I have the version off github working fine but no idea how to create my own hair

3. kennux

kennux

Yes, i still work on tressfx. Check my blog for being always up2date: www.kennux.net

4. vdwtanner

vdwtanner

This looks great! I just skimmed the comments, but does this require a pro license? A friend and I are working on a pet project, and it would be cool to use this later in development (we were talking about hair works earlier tonight, but TressFX seems to be more platform independent and you've already made what appears to be a wonderful port for it).

Thanks!

5. kennux

kennux

Nope, no pro-license required. Skinning will be done soon aswell, so you can then also use tressfx to render animal fur :)

Arkade likes this.
  6. s1sw

s1sw

I added support for directional WindZones in my fork here. I haven't submitted a pull request as I changed the project to use 5.4b15.

ksam2, Arkade and nxrighthere like this.
  7. GuitarBro

GuitarBro

Awesome.

8. DamonJager

DamonJager

String concatenation is creating garbage while calling the computeshader, though that would solve half of the problem. Aside that it behaves ok to me, just like in the demos.

Well, I can't import my own hair. Tested with 5.3.6 and 5.4. The path under preferences seems ok.

EDIT: I solved it. It required to give permissions to the folder.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  9. Velo222

Velo222

Does it work with a skinned mesh renderer now?

Also, how do you create hair for this, for TressFX that is (like ksam2 above asked)?

10. FuzzyShan

FuzzyShan

How optimized is this compare to something like neo fur? Does this works with mobile?