Search Unity

[WIP] Tower Platformer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by piranha9, Apr 14, 2014.

1. piranha9

piranha9

Hello,

while thinking about the good old Nebulus (my childhood favorite game) last weekend, I decided to create a little clone of this classic. And although it turned out to be something completly different now, I think there is potential to have fun with it (but that is where you come in and decide ;)).

I currently just have no real idea where to go with this now, so I hope for a little feedback which will direct me to the right direction.

The goal of the game is plain simple, just reach the top of the tower.
    WD will move left/right, SPACE / LButton for jumping. Jumping costs energy, which is visualized by the brightness of you ball. To reload energy, you just have to roll.

There is just one level, which is semi-randomized on each gamestart (the platforms are randomly placed, while the enemies are hard placed). This may rarely lead to very difficult situations ;)

Any suggestions about gameplay and art are very welcome!

Webplayer

Thanks for your time!
    Andre

$screen_02.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. tutugah

tutugah

Hello there, nice work, i really licke it. Just one thing, I think its a bit too hard to spam the space key when you could set it to left click, just my opinion...

3. indiegamemodels

indiegamemodels

I didn't knew Nebulus, the game you got inspired from, but your game is pretty fun! And I agree, with the above comment, left mouse would be more convenient!

4. piranha9

piranha9

Thanks for the feedback, I quickly added jumping with left mousebutton (haven't thought about playing this with the mouse because it was actually designed for mobiles).

Next thing will be a little level editor to create more interesting levels, adding more platform / enemy types (v/h moving platforms etc) and some puzzle elements (not sure about that yet..).

Also I am not sure about the jumping.. currently it feels too much like FlappyBird in my opinion.. have to think about that..

Cheers,
    Andre

5. tutugah

tutugah

Yeah, now that you said that,it does fill a bit like flappy birds, If you don't like that u can make it so the longer you hold the jump button the higher it goes, or something