My name is Carl Kidwell and I'm an indie developer and The Rise of Dagon is a passion project I started using Unity 4 in April of 2014! Since launching the project I have come a long way, including at one point entirely swapping to UE4 to evaluate which engine was going to work better for me (hint: Unity won) as well as making the migration from Unity 4.3 to Unity 4.6 with the new UI and then making the migration from 4.6 to 5.x line and bringing PBR workflow to my project, which has really brought things up a notch graphically. I blog consistently on TigSource and my personal DevBlog if you want regular updates but now that the project is maturing and ready to show to a wider audience up I'll try to post here as well. First let's take a look at The Rise of Dagon (hereafter ROD) from the first few months compared to today. Firstly the state of ROD today: This second shot is back in Unity 4.3 when I was first prototyping level art and attempting to find the right workflow to create walls that looked good with normal maps and such but also had real physical volume behind them. As you can see things have come a loooong way in the time since I started! Speaking of how they've come along I - as I mentioned at one point I had fully swapped to UE4. I spent time attempting to bring the two projects to full parity between the two engines so I could make an honest comparison between the two - this is a shot from May of 2014 comparing my two projects at that time: Most important to me in consideration of the two engines was the fact that I'm just one guy. As I brought up the project it became clearer and clearer that while UE4 is a great engine - that Unity 3D was actively helping my workflow in many ways that made it quicker and easier to developer. Also while certainly at the place I was at my art was not taking any extreme advantage of either engine the arguments you often hear about graphics of one over the other was really a moot point. As a small indie developer, I'm never going to compete with teams of 200 AAA artists. I needed to use an engine that was going to empower me to move quickly and I felt Unity was that engine. As of todays writing (March 1, 2016) I've reached 60% completion of my core architecture of the game. Which is to say that every subsystem has at least a baseline implementation in Unity. I was able to leverage several nice assets in the Unity Asset store and wanted to call out props to Master Audio and Particle Playground as two especially great purchases I made that have really helped out and I recommend them personally. I've also leveraged a mix of my own personal art such as this Servant of Dagon I modeled in Silo 3D and sculpted in Mudbox: But I also picked up some really great assets like Mr Necturne's skeleton army pack for the skeleton's you will find in my screenshots and videos. Where we are at today. Today the project has reached a really solid alpha state but its become abundantly clear that the production tim e and expense of art is one of my biggest barriers so I have actually launched a Kickstarter campaign. You can check out my campaign launch page here. Also the current gameplay is featured in our launch video: I'd love to hear any feedback and I'll start posting regular updates as the project progresses. I'm really excited about upcoming screenspace reflection features and hope to show those off when I have some time to play around with them soon!