Search Unity

[WIP] Testament

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Diputs, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Diputs

Diputs

Hello there!

My name is Petter, I've been working profesionally in the video game industry for a few years now. Mainly as a Level Designer and 3D Artist. But the last couple of months I've been working on my very own game project. The project title is "Testament" for now (might be final as well). It's a horror/mystery adventure set in the early 1900s. It follows a man named Harvey West. Who goes on a search for his missing and presumed dead father.

Here are some early in game screenshots:

My highest ambition and hope is to make this a mixture of a point and click game and an old school survival horror (Alone in the Dark, Early Resident Evil and Silent Hill games)

It's been a pleasure working with this so far. So I would love to hear what people think about it and I will continue updating this thread with more info as i proceed.

If you would like to check out some more pictures of 3D assets for the game you can check out this site:
    http://petterhesse.droppages.com/

Mister-D likes this.
  2. Mister-D

Mister-D

i like it, i love film noir.
    the character pose looks unnatural but its wip ;)
    good luck

Diputs likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Consider a subtle sepia or desaturation filter. Don't you know there wasn't that much color back in the old days! :D
    Really though - adding a couple post effect filters to the rendering might really give the viewers/players a sense of time period and noir sense without even telling them. There are some super fans of the style which can be helpful in building a following.

The normal/spec levels look too harsh, however this is a simple adjustment, and it looks like you are planning to do some good lighting. But the normal/spec levels should be set properly before messing with lighting for the scene.

Diputs and Mister-D like this.