Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [WIP] Sprite + GUI Animator - Bring static images to life & replace Mecanim

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by BluishGreenPro, Sep 17, 2019.

?

How much would you be willing to pay for Spryt Animator Pro?

1. $49.99 (Really!?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $19.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $9.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $4.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BluishGreenPro

BluishGreenPro

Animator Pro

Hello all! I've been working to create an Asset for the Unity store focusing on 2D image manipulation. My goal is to create a system which is quick and easy to work with, reminiscent of my years of working with GameMaker. What started out as a simple replacement for Mecanim ended up integrating "Sine Effects"; a system which allows you to bind the properties of an image to oscillations in a sine-curve. With all the features I've included, I feel like I'm very nearly ready to release, but before doing so, I wanted to get some feedback from those who would potentially be using the asset.

To that end, here's a complete feature list:
    • Bring Static Images to Life: Create squishy Sprites and bouncy UI Images through integrated Sine Effects.
    • UI Compatible: Works on both Sprite Renderer and UI Images.
    • Simplified Syntax: Manipulate image properties at runtime without cumbersome Method calls or GetComponent calls sprite.Alpha = 0.9f;
    • Replace or Complement Mecanim: No need for creating Animators and Animations for each animated asset, though you can still take advantage of Spryt animation effects while using Mecanim
    • No Strings: Do away with unreliable String references when switching between animations
    • Control Playback: Play, Pause, Reverse, PlayOneShot animation Methods
    • Animation End Event: Trigger methods using the Animation End Event
    • Sine Effects: Includes “Sine” utility class for use beyond Sprite manipulation
    • Fully Documented: Scripts include “summary” tags for Intellisense in Visual Studio
    Here's a link to the PDF documentation I've created, and here's a link to the page on my site where you can learn more. Finally, here's a comprehensive overview video:

Any and all feedback would be much appreciated!