Search Unity

[WIP] Sneaky Build - The background build system.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by HubertGendron, Dec 24, 2016.

1. HubertGendron

HubertGendron

Sneaky Build is a powerful background build system for Unity. All the builds are done in the background which means that even if a build is running you can continue working!

Sneaky Build also keeps a cache for each platform, so no more waiting over a switch platform. The best part is that it can even build multiple platforms at the same time!

I'm currently working on this tool for the last couples of months and I plan to add it on the Asset Store soon as a paid asset, but I want to show it to you first to get some feedback. If you are interested in the tool and would like to test it and give feedback I can send you the current alpha version.

What about other alternative like Unity Cloud Build ?

Unity Cloud Build is a great service to build and deploy your projects. But you need to make commits on your source control to trigger builds, which means impacting other team members. It can also take a lot of time before your build get processed. Sneaky Build really aims for your day to day work as a developer. For example when you need to make a build locally to test a bug fix or a new feature. Since Sneaky Build runs on your machine, you can build instantly without worrying about making a commit that could impact other developer in your team.

Some of the main features:

ASYNCHRONOUS BUILDS
    All the builds are done in the background. You can continue working on your projects while building.

PARALLEL BUILDS
    In addition to being asynchronous, you can build multiple platforms at the same time.

PLATFORM CACHING
    When you build for a new platform, Sneaky Build will build its cache. No more switch platform required!

BUILD AND RUN
    It can run your builds once they are done. It even works when building multiple platforms at the same time!

BUILD MONITORING
    Sneaky Build keeps track of each build progress, success and failure. It will let you know when a build fail, why it failed and even give you access to the entire build log.

SANDBOX
    All the builds run from a sandbox project. This protects the integrity of your builds and give you the ability to work on your game even if there's a build running.

So that's the sneak peak into Sneaky Build, I have more features on my road map, but I would love to ear what you think about it. You can also find additional info here: http://sneakybuild.com

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    one_one, mgear and mfleurent like this.
  2. mfleurent

mfleurent

Hi HubertGendron,

Your asset seem's very powerful and i'm interested in testing it.

i'm intensively compiling big distrib for windows (1.3 Go), android and androidVR (360 Mo) and it's very time consuming. your asset could be the solution for me.

3. HubertGendron

HubertGendron

Hi I'm currently in Christmas parties for the next couple of days, when I will have some time I will send you the alpha build.

4. mfleurent

mfleurent

cool, no problems

have an happy Christmas time

5. PeryB

PeryB

This looks amazing, exactly what I've been looking for. Any idea when it will be available?

6. HubertGendron

HubertGendron

I've been reworking the platform system to add the ability to do multiple build of the same platform but with different build settings. What are your requirements right now? Because if one build per platform is enough for now I could probably submit my asset in about 1 to 2 week.

7. PeryB

PeryB

Thank you. One build per platform is more than enough for me :)

oh, and do you think you'll be adding PS4 and XBox One support in the future?

8. HubertGendron

HubertGendron

Yes PS4 and XBox One are on my roadmap. The only reason that I haven't added support for them yet is because I don't own a license for them right now and I want to test my code first.

one_one likes this.
  9. PeryB

PeryB

Great! That's fantastic news. Thank you . Please let me know when the asset is available :)

10. xAvatarchikx

xAvatarchikx

Hi! Is the project still alive?