Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. n8dev_yt

n8dev_yt

Jean_Paul2016 likes this.
  2. n8dev_yt

n8dev_yt

3. Jean_Paul2016

Jean_Paul2016

4. Jean_Paul2016

Jean_Paul2016

No video, eh? We're waiting ;)

5. Jean_Paul2016

Jean_Paul2016

Very nice! I think the bomb by the barrel (@0:22s) is taking a bit too long to detonate, imo. I expected it to blow maybe a second or 2 before. Otherwise, seems like you got a good jump start.
    Oh, and the graphical glitch with the green door moving up and down.

6. n8dev_yt

n8dev_yt

I posted yesterday, sorry about the wait!

7. mightyjumpsky

mightyjumpsky

Devlog #7 Hero Animation Test

#MadeWithUnity #UnityEngine #Metroidvania #IndieGame #SideScrolling #ZeldaAlike #Nusantara #Melayu

Kofiro likes this.
  8. mightyjumpsky

mightyjumpsky

Thanks for the feedbacks.. Really appreciate it... :)

9. qqaisbayabanii

qqaisbayabanii

i am recording a tutorial about ECS

"com.havok.physics": "0.4.0-preview.1",
    "com.unity.burst": "1.3.7",
    "com.unity.collab-proxy": "1.3.9",
    "com.unity.entities": "0.14.0-preview.19",

is this output game on android worth the people learn from me

10. Antypodish

Antypodish

Working on procedural plant generator for my EcoPico project in Unity, allowing them to grow. Using Lindenmayer Systems (L-System). More in the video description.

11. mightyjumpsky

mightyjumpsky

Little update for our game.. Enjoys..:)
    Project RN - Ixodidae Test || Devlog #8
    #MadeWithUnity #UnityEngine #Metroidvania #IndieGame #SideScrolling #ZeldaAlike #Nusantara #Melayu

12. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Here are some screenshots from a project I am working on called "The Line"
    Grab 20201127133238 w3840h1902 x266y96z29r116.jpg Grab 20201129192728 w3840h1902 x148y23z14r39.jpg Grab 20201129192740 w3840h1902 x168y23z13r320.jpg Grab 20201129192817 w3840h1902 x145y23z18r44.jpg Grab 20201129193010 w3840h1902 x153y23z40r147.jpg

13. jrmgx

jrmgx

Hello to the community, I'm not sure Artillery Royale count as small but I wanted to show you some progress I made.

It's a Turn based 2D Artillery game for 2 players (custom networking implementation)
    This is a first alpha trailer so you can better understand how it looks

You can join/follow the progress on the discord: https://discord.com/invite/fq78teW
    Happy coding all

Stranger-Games, kittik and Haneferd like this.
  14. Antypodish

Antypodish

After work on procedural generated forest, which is stil WIP, I moved onto procedural generated creatures, using DOTS.

15. Sanke_rust

Sanke_rust

Hello everybody! After some unity courses on udemy I've finally started my own project!
    I thought that I'd better get involved with the community and start sharing sooner, rather than later.

It is probably too soon to ask for any real feedback, since I don't yet have any actual gameplay moments, so I am just showing the world what I'm up to, I guess.

I've put together most of the mechanincs and next I will start working on the level and balancing a bit.
    The game is heavily inspired by "Jalopy" but with some survival elements. You have to constantly drive away in a degrading car from the cold hurricane, that is freezing everything in its way. You also have to make stops to eat, drink, sleep etc.
    The more time you spend in one place - the closer the hurricane. And when it gets colder - it gets harder to play. Waste too much time and you will die of cold or the car simply will not start.
    I have many gameplay features in mind. But I am taking it step by step, learning as I go - big thanks to the unity.answers section and the forum :D

Here is a short video of what I have so far. I am using free assets and sounds for prototyping and simple probuilder-created props.

Nice to meet you all!

Haneferd likes this.
  16. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

AI following patrol path that you define in the unity editor.
    If it spots a target, the AI attacks it and then continues with the patrol behaviour

Haneferd likes this.
  17. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

AI Agent starts Investigation State when they kill their target or lose sight.
    If Friendly AI nearby, the Agent will make their buddy investigate the target position instead of themselves. In this case the AI Agent will start the Protect Buddy State

18. DarthHawk13

DarthHawk13

I'm preparing a Tech Tree Asset for the Unity Asset Store. It uses two scriptable object classes to create the entire tech tree. Someone without a lot of coding experience should be able to drag and drop a tech tree together. It also sets up a simple UI and uses the images you want for the categories and the individual techs. To make it work runtime it has two functions. An input and output function. You call the input function in your code to pass in the variable you're using to store the research points generated every turn OR time interval(for RTS games). The asset then applies that toward researching the tech the user selected from the UI. The UI is built aromatically from the information you enter in the scriptable objects. The output function takes a little bit of tinkering to work because the output function is going to apply changes to your code runtime or activate elements in your game that were previously disabled the player will be able to use because they finished researching a tech. But anyone who understands how to create their own function/method won't have any problems. Essentially the output function allows you to pass in your own function as a parameter when a tech is finished being researched. You can set it up so you pass several parameters into your custom function which is then passed into the output function when a tech is researched to apply the changes you want to the game. Or you can have a different function called for each tech once it's researched. Documentation will come with it of course and an easy way has been provided to reference each tech using code if you want to add your own code to it.

Here's a video. It's a rough draft because the code is in place and working but the graphics need work. I'll submit it to the asset store when I have it looking decent around the end of January.

19. nik5140

nik5140

Hello everybody! I'v got little game project. It simple and there is a lot of things to do and to improve. So it will be cool to get any feedback.
    Subject: Control AirDefence Machine!
    • Don’t forget to reload your 23mm 4 guns with "R" keyboard button.
    • Gain Score and increase your Rank up to Command Sergeant Major.
    • Try not to destroy civil helicopters (multicolored) - every of it will decrease your score.
    • Try not to allow military helicopters cross left part of screen (every military helicopter will take 1 point of your lives
    • Please turn on sound because it’s better to play with it )) (sounds of player machine engine, sound of different enemies, etc).
    Whats new :
    1) Easy/Normal/Hard options
    2) tracer bullets after each reloading guns
    3) Ground enemies are shooting now and if its Normal or Hot mode – Ground Enemies are moving every x seconds.
    4) Fixed bug with enemy’s gun after GameOver,
    5) Code refactored, observer pattern added for communication between objects, Find… in Update minimized. Hope it work faster now.

https://play.unity.com/mg/other/buildgl-w

20. rocky1234

rocky1234

My first creation! I'm excited to finally have something to show

Haneferd likes this.
  21. ElMagnifico

ElMagnifico

Hi there. First time posting my work, tough there's not much to show. Started trying to make games 5-6 moths ago. Never used C# or Blender before that, had some little experience with Unity due to VRChat.

This was my first attempt, a 2,5d side scroller/platformer

My second little experiment, a 2D pixel platformer. This one didn't move beyond what you see here.

And my actual current project, a team/town managment/tactical game

Be brutal.

Haneferd likes this.
  22. rocky1234

rocky1234

The 2D art I'm seeing looks good, but I don't know if those are someone else's assets or yours.

23. ElMagnifico

ElMagnifico

For the 2d platformer?
    The characters and effects are mine, ground and background are from the asset store.

For the team managmet game? Portraits are temporary placeholders (will probably be removed, they are still there from when I thought of it being 2D, but with 3d models a portraits might be unnecessary), but icons are mine

24. DYV

DYV

After a few years of development in my spare time I finally released my very first trailer.
    The game is not finished yet but I prepare it for beta-testing now

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Kupferrot and Hikiko66 like this.
  25. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hovercraft AI Training in parkur, with path finding, using Genetic neural network, with Unity DOTS.
    The goal is, the crafts need get from top right platform, to top left platform.

Sorry I lost frame rate during recording.

I have combined here, 2 of my previous works
    Unity (DOTS): Node Based Path Planning (Open Source)

Unity (DOTS): Genetiics Neural Network: F1Cars (Open Source)
    Sorry, I have frame rate drop due to recording.

Haneferd likes this.
  26. uexilon

uexilon

Not sure whether there is any other person besides me that hates going through the Unity Hub or digging through the folder hierarchy to find a scene file to open, but I decided to finally just write up a few lines of code and build myself a Unity Project Launcher so I can open any project straight from within the project folder.

I prefer this method, especially when working with Source Control where you pull or in the case of P4 get the latest changes from within the source control client anyway. It's a simple double click compared to opening the hub, looking for the right project, and then start it. It's really not supposed to do much. Here is what it will look like using the Explorer (Works directly from within P4V too):

UnityLauncher.gif
    Just thought I'd share it. Maybe someone else likes this way of opening a project too :D
    https://github.com/uexilon/UnityProjectLauncher

Haneferd likes this.
  27. bobadi

bobadi

animation editing in editor
    curveeditin.gif

Haneferd and Antypodish like this.
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

My first 2D animation made with the 2D tools! Took me hours but I managed making an idle animation that suits me. :)

[deleted]
    Now, I must make walking, running, jumping, hanging, crouching animations... :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2021
    adamgolden likes this.
  29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well it didn't last long before I got tired of this first try and did something else, a little more convincing, I think, at least until I also get tired of it... :p

01_repos_f.gif

30. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

It's been a while I've posted here as I was working on a project that wasn't in Unity for quite a few years but back at it again with a sequel to my last Unity game (Nonsense at Nightfall) called A Town of Dreamers :D

This video shows off some basic stuff like the dialog and progress system. The graphics are all placeholders ;)

Haneferd likes this.
  31. jldooley1

jldooley1

Hey all, I'm looking for volunteers to provide some feedback on my first major project, DeFrag VR. It's a VR arcade-style shooter for the Oculus Rift, and I'm looking for people who can test out the main mechanics.

It uses the SteamVR framework, so you'd likely need to have SteamVR to run it, but I'd greatly appreciate the help of any testers who are interested. Testing and questionnaire shouldn't take more than 15-min to finish.

Haneferd likes this.
  32. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

Progression video of my tower defense game, it is a small game but I worked on it for around 8 months

33. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

I made a 1000% Time-Lapse showing the creation of the latest building for my game

34. Squidathan

Squidathan

35. Squidathan

Squidathan

https://squidathan.itch.io/filling-what-isnt-empty

Hi all,

Above is a itch.io link to the very first game I have published! It is a small game for fans of walking simulators, adventure games or any game which is primarily focused on and attempting to push the boundaries of narrative in the video-game medium.

I am very inexperienced and this is just an experimental prototype which I'm not sure I'll do any more work on but I want to learn and any would love to read any comments (here or on the itch.io site) you have at all to improve my game-development skills for potential work on this or other projects.

Filling what isn't empty
    Exploration of feelings people can get before moving forward with their loss through making choices prioritising memories made with different people.
    GameScreenshot.png

36. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Thanks, but as always, still a WIP!

37. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Expanding on the framework from my previous game, creating an arcade shooter with destructible sections on warships. Making them easier to kill with surgical strikes as opposed to just shooting them willy nilly.

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  38. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

This looks really promising :D Tightening up on the visual effects and it could be fantastic.

39. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Thank you. Any suggestions re the visual effects. This has been brought up before but never any specific's to help me focus.

40. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

To me the bloom effect on the explosions is a bit much. It could be stylized more so it still has the impact but not the blinding brightness of what it is now :D

41. Quontium97

Quontium97

Whats up guys, Getting there slowly but surely.

KalOBrien likes this.
  42. Dag-Tholander

Dag-Tholander

KalOBrien likes this.
  43. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

Something I made just for fun. I kind of like Planets and everything that is connected to that topic, so this was nice for learning.

MoonJellyGames and KalOBrien like this.
  44. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Really like the bullets following the planet rotation. Nice work :D!

Kupferrot likes this.
  45. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

Thank you :) it somehow is really satisfying to see them fly like that

KalOBrien likes this.
  46. Dag-Tholander

Dag-Tholander

upload_2021-10-25_16-45-43.png
    New WIP car added to my game

Rodolfo-Rubens and KalOBrien like this.
  47. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Very pretty. Do you model the cars yourself?

48. Dag-Tholander

Dag-Tholander

I usually do, but not this one. Currently the focus of my game lies in working on the physics, leaving very little time for 3d-modeling

KalOBrien likes this.
  49. Dag-Tholander

Dag-Tholander

50. Billy4184

Billy4184

Had a quick spin in the lambo. Acceleration especially in low gears extremely fast and chaotic, considering that you can't control the rate that you press a key it might be good to slow that down a bit. Other than that it felt pretty fun to drive (it's been a while since I was into racing games though so I may not be able to give very detailed feedback).

The engine sounds are a bit scratchy and hard on the ears. Also I got stuck at one point with the car going nowhere in first gear (just revved like it was neutral).

Great start!