Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Grinspoon

Grinspoon

Hi, it was in an asset that I purchased. Heavy station kit

mcunha98 likes this.
  2. Iqew

Iqew

Working on a "walking simulator" type of game where you explore the mind of an unnamed boy and discover his memories and stuff like that through bubbles. Each bubble represents a person/persona in the boy's life. At the moment, i'm working on making the text fade in when the player activates a bubble, and after that i'm gonna work on the demo of the game which some of my friends are looking forward to. Here's a little picture of what I have done so far.
    upload_2017-9-12_9-45-37.png

awake likes this.
  3. 101craft

101craft

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  4. puppeteer

puppeteer

A demo I made for my new dial pad lock, using Unity's default assets scene. The same component was used to make the bomb example and the door examples.

101craft likes this.
  5. 101craft

101craft

I use this little script to write biped's mixer tracks into a text file along with animation ranges so then I can feed the file into the engine along with the .fbx character data file (i.e. to automatically update clips without having to manually set their ranges).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    puppeteer likes this.
  6. chessPro

chessPro

That's a nice animation

101craft likes this.
  7. Rick_Swash

Rick_Swash

8. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Another level map for my game. WIP "Uncharted Lands" level map

Level design progress. This is not yey optimized so expect some lags. I yet have to bake all lighting and textures to a one 16 K atlas map I just need more time maybe when I'm on leave, i will do some performance optimizations.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  9. awake

awake

Update to Awake. Using GameStar18's BEUEngine ( http://u3d.as/oPo ) So glad I purchased it from the asset store since it adds so much functionality. characters are from that asset but the environment is what I made.

10. Atomike

Atomike

Export Render Script

I wrote a script that allows you to export a RenderTexture to PNG. I'll continue to work on it to make it even better.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.IO;
    5. public class Render : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     public RenderTexture render;
    8.     void Start () {
    9.         RenderTexture.active = render;
    10.         Texture2D tex = new Texture2D (render.width, render.height);
    11.         tex.ReadPixels (new Rect (0, 0, render.width, render.height), 0, 0);
    12.         tex.Apply ();
    13.         byte[] data = tex.EncodeToPNG ();
    14.         File.WriteAllBytes ("Render.png", data);
    15.     }
    16. }
    Here's an example image I rendered using this script:

The resolution of the image is based on the size of the RenderTexture, so it can be however big you want it, and any aspect ratio. Because it receives input from a camera, camera effects can be applied, some anti-aliasing effects DO NOT work and will cause all grayscale pixels to be read as Alpha channel pixels. Some other image effects will cause the Alpha to be completely opaque.
    MAKE SURE YOUR RenderTexture IS USING ARGB32 COLOR FORMAT!
    The reason I chose ARG32 was because it supports alpha transparency. You should also probably tick sRGB (Color RenderTexture) as well.
    This script is extremely useful for rendering HD/4K screenshots of your game without having to play the game at the resolution you want to take a screenshot of, or for any purpose you may need a high resolution Render of something.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Trying to create a mysterious, haunting atmosphere inside an abandoned apartment building. I added some godrays, lense dirt and some dust. Soon I'll add spider webs and debris from peeling wall paint. This is my first attempt. The game is about a guy who got lost in a foggy town.

12. puppeteer

puppeteer

A red button doing what red buttons do:

13. Pixeye

Pixeye

Hi there! I'd like to share my tools with the community : )

A simple script to create scenes with patterns.

Code (CSharp):
    1. /*===============================================================
    2. Product:    Unity3d Utilities
    3. Developer:  Dimitry Pixeye - pixeye@hbrew.store
    4. Company:    Homebrew - http://hbrew.store
    5. Date:       16/09/2017 01:51
    6. ================================================================*/
    7. // Add script to SceneManager/Editor/
    8. using UnityEditor;
    9. using UnityEditor.SceneManagement;
    10. using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
    11. using UnityEngine;
    12. [InitializeOnLoad]
    13. public class SceneGenerator  {
    14.     static SceneGenerator()
    15.     {
    16.         EditorSceneManager.newSceneCreated += SceneCreating;
    17.     }
    18.     public static void SceneCreating(Scene scene, NewSceneSetup setup, NewSceneMode mode)
    19.     {
    21.         var camGO = Camera.main.transform;
    22.         var lightGO = GameObject.Find("Directional Light").transform;
    24.         var setupFolder = new GameObject("[SETUP]").transform;
    25.         var lights = new GameObject("Lights").transform;
    26.         lights.parent = setupFolder;
    27.         lightGO.parent = lights;
    28.         var cam  = new GameObject("Cameras").transform;
    29.         cam.parent = setupFolder;
    30.         camGO.parent = cam;
    31.         var world = new GameObject("[WORLD]").transform;
    32.         new GameObject("Static").transform.parent = world;
    33.         new GameObject("Dynamic").transform.parent = world;
    34.         new GameObject("[UI]");
    36.         Debug.Log("New scene created!");
    37.     }
    39. }
    Reactive PoolManager
    An ultra fast and lightweight object pool manager with zero allocations and customizable prepopulate feature. You can group uploading objects in chunks and set how many frames you need for uploading to reduce allocation spikes. Uses Unirx extension and based on object instance ids. You can pool prefabs without any extra components and can mix different prefab types in one pool.

NeonCubeStudio likes this.
  14. adriank5

adriank5

Working on a scratch controller for a little game I'm working on. I've finished tweaking the wheel colliders to work ~properly rather than exploding the tank into space.

15. Martin_H

Martin_H

I only watched the start of the video where the tank keeps falling over. It might help to manually set the center of mass of the tank to a lower point, maybe even outside of its bounding box, to prevent that.

16. 101craft

101craft

Colorific - basic hierarchy colorizer I use with my character rigs.

17. ReGaSLZR

ReGaSLZR

18. Trys10Studios

Trys10Studios

My first Android game, not my first game. Star Fox Clone, if you recognize the player ship it's from "Cooking with Unity," it's where I got the idea and initially I followed their tutorial, and then abandoned it for more of a Star Fox 64 clone. I don't plan to keep this ship, I am going to be making my own player ship asset soon.

Cookieg82 likes this.
  19. Mulahasanovic

Mulahasanovic

Greetings,
    I'm working on asset to help with the creation of UI systems, connecting menus/panels, navigation between them with the buttons, etc.

This asset should ease up this process substantially. Basically, the goal is to simplify it, reduce the process to few clicks.
    Asset is based on Unity Editor Hierarchy Tree examples and as such is mostly editor extension, consisting of two scriptable wizard windows and editor window (Image 1).

2017-11-10 (5).png
    With the "Create Wizard" you enter asset name, number of child panels and proceed to editing those in Editor Window for the asset. There you can add, remove and move around the elements. Each asset has the hidden Root as the origin of the menu and children elements, arranged into the tree. Here you can also generate panels and buttons prefabs from their base version (which you can edit). These generated panels and buttons are created as prefabs and as such already connected to each other and represent the asset. Using "Instantiate Wizard" you add these into scene and on playing the scene with the Navigation Manager script turn them into functioning menu system.
    With the Navigation Manager you get basic functionality for the panels. Clicking ChildToButton will take you to child, and Back Button to the parent, as they are represented in tree hierarchy. Currently Navigation Manager supports basic enable/disable transition and simple animation, with moving panels up and down with animation system.

My plan is to create Complete UI system as a paid asset, with navigation, animations and even complete settings panel (with audio manager and such) already set and connected. And also add carousel type menu, which might be suitable for mobile games.

I will soon submit asset to the store. I hope you find this asset useful and I welcome all your feedback, thanks in advance.

20. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Working on a small extra mission level "Moon Raker" for the Interstellar Ops. Campaign mode on my game.Dead Space 2 on the moon...

Attemp 1:
    cnc welcome

21. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

The Last of Us: India (Work in Progress, Month 1)

The game focuses on a group in India before the events of Last of Us 1

demo for naughty dog internship

22. tachweave

tachweave

I've been working on a project for heat mapping of units during runtime for AI to be able to track other units' concentration and position. It's very much a work in progress, but I just couldn't seem to find any sort of example or asset that did this. If anyone knows of one I'd love to check it out, but I'm curious to see what people think of this.
    https://github.com/pirkla/Unity-Node-HeatMapper
    https://pirkla.itch.io/heatmapdemo

This is a view of the heat map in action.
    HeatMap01.jpeg

whileBreak and Stardog like this.
  23. Aastikya

Aastikya

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  24. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Made something to... carve out mountains? :D
    carve.gif

25. puppeteer

puppeteer

Made an arty thingy with programmed eyeball AI:

26. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

AI that tries to hide from other AI guards by sneaking around.

27. 101craft

101craft

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  28. Woolooh

Woolooh

Mini Gen City script and 3 or 4 assets in .js made in some fast time.. see 1 hour or 2 :)

CaptureGenCity2.PNG CaptureGenCity0.PNG CaptureGenCity.PNG CaptureAssetGen.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    DBarlok likes this.
  29. onlydavies93

onlydavies93

Hello, I'm trying to make a game, this is my first time in this type of work, and I don't know if I'm in the right way, so I would like to ask you what's your opinion about this demo which I have developed.

It is very simple, you are just in a tank and you need to avoid obstacles in the road, if you crash with one, you will die, if you go out of the road, you will die. I know it is very simple, but because it's my first game, i didn't want to go far that I can really do.

Some pics and the download link if anyone want to test it. The demo contains only 3 minilevels that I use to test the scripts and the models.

https://mega.nz/#!cvAEDBqQ!PBbe5lO3B3uZc3oDEpLUxjy-6g57Kep6JeyZRVkcBxk

All your advices and comments are welcome, it is important to me for learning

Greetings

Attached Files:

30. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

creating some desert clips, rocks, plants and trees on my own.

As to add challenge, I decided to make a non-commercial Outlast 2 spin-off as it is set in Arizona desert.

Current work in progress:

I will try to capture much of the game's landscape as much as possible since it is very dark game, some areas might not be similar to the ones in the game.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  31. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I finished my Ludum Dare game last night, this is my second try at Ludum Dare and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The theme was "Combine 2 Incompatible Genres" so I chose Action and Idle. I ended up with a 2.5D shooter in a missile silo with the player collecting floppy disks to idly hack their way out. Pretty simple and I find it decently fun. I'd like to go back and fix a few things (mostly small graphical issues, the biggest thing was the IK, it's a nightmare). Anyways here's the trailer and a link to the game:

Ludum Dare page:
    https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/silo-survival
    Gamejoly page:
    https://gamejolt.com/games/SiloSurvival/335167

Cookieg82 and GibTreaty like this.
  32. sybenari

sybenari

I'm also an indie developer. Im currently working on an Android game called Air Pig. It's not too much but im sure you will love it. Ok im kidding, its alot

33. khos

khos

Show us your game :)

34. RisKOG

RisKOG

Cookieg82 and khos like this.
  35. Bastian-Blokland

Bastian-Blokland

Hey guys, i've working on a multi-threaded ecs as a hobby learning project. Any feedback is highly appreciated of course.

Its a simple ecs implementation, that lays out all the components linearly in memory and uses a bitmask per entity to do component lookups. Each system creates a 'task' out of every entity it wants to execute on and passes it to a very simple 'thread-pool' like runner. A fundamental rule was that all memory has to be allocated at the beginning so after the initial allocation it doesn't create any garbage anymore.

Quick demo is of 2.000 turrets firing at 10.000 spaceships and loads of projectiles flying, all simulation is done cpu side and rendering is done with 5 indirect instancing draw calls. And it runs with 0 memory being allocated while running. In general the demo was created pretty quickly so there is loads of places it can be optimized still, it was mostly created just to test out the ecs.

Don't hate on my beautiful programmer art :D

Source: https://github.com/BastianBlokland/threaded-ecs-unity
    Video:

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Procyonx_ and imaginaryhuman like this.
  36. khos

khos

With the new C# Job system maybe you can go to 100k + objects, I imagine :)

37. Bastian-Blokland

Bastian-Blokland

Yeah the unity Job system makes all of this redundant of-course, but was a learning project anyway :) Do you have any idea if Unity will release the c# source of their job system (thought i heard that somewhere). Would be great to learn from.

38. khos

khos

Not sure, you'd have to ask Unity :)

39. Rebstrike

Rebstrike

I'm currently working on a game called "Beautifully Flawed." I'm trying to see if a few mechanics are engaging, and/or if they have bugs. Please give two ratings out of 10 (10 meaning "is very") for each prototype. The first being the mechanic's buggy-ness. The second being how engaging it is. Please feel free to leave comments. More info and download link here: https://connect.unity.com/p/beautifully-flawed-pre-alpha/

40. Serinx

Serinx

Note sure if this is the right place to post but I'm working on a hopefully fun and interactive potion crafting system. Let me know what you think :)

GibTreaty likes this.
  41. puppeteer

puppeteer

Working on a way to make my cars move along terrain. It's not a perfect solution, but they do go up and down mountains now so it's something.

tobiass, TylerCode_ and Cookieg82 like this.
  42. dmonin

dmonin

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

Working on ATV - IK Driver mechanics.....(I will most definitely scale down some of that huge foliage, etc...W.I.P.)

p-

44. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Working on procedural tentacle / eel like animation, joining few elements to create medusa / cuttlefish like behaviour :D

khos likes this.
  45. Wolar

Wolar

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to put together something like scriptable object variables explained in this talk. I also love to use UniRx so I have made this variables to expose Observable value (which unfortunately means that it requires you to use UniRx but it should be super easy to cut UniRx out of it if needed). For the future I plan to include some editor tools that allows you easily create new custom variables and references (those will basically generate C# classes/files or code into one/two C# file).

Feel free to comment, contribute, fork etc.

https://github.com/Wolar-Games/unity-scriptable-object-reactive-variables

Please note that this is my free time side project.

46. khos

khos

Wow, like this very much, can you share it now, or can I buy?

47. khos

khos

How is this progressing?

48. NeonCubeStudio

NeonCubeStudio

Hello everyone,

We have been using the Memory Profiler released by Unity Technologies for quite some time now (a year or so), and made many improvement and changes. Since we believe that these changes might be useful to others, we've uploaded them to github.

Changes we made over the current version of Unity's Memory Profiler:
    - Added quick & dirty documentation to get you started
    - Added unitypackage to make importing the Memory Profiler hassle-free
    - Added a spreadsheet view
    - Added filters
    - Added next & back button
    - Improved user interface consistency
    - Improved code quality
    - Removed unused code
    - Removed dependency on external libraries (Json.Net)
    - Removed support for memsnap3 files (memsnap & memsnap 2 are supported)

Our modified version of the Memory Profiler is available here:
    https://github.com/NeonCubeStudio/MemoryProfiler/releases

All versions work with Unity 5.3.5 and newer when using the IL2CCP scripting backend, and Unity 2017.3 when using the Mono backend (only "Stable" is supported).

Be aware that while these changes didn't cause any problems for us, these changes might not work properly for you. If you run into problems with the latest release of the Memory Profiler, try an older release. Check as well if these problems also are present in Unity's Memory Profiler here.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  49. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Working on look at target algorithm, explaining a little tricks which are making this animation look more realistic.

50. Kona

Kona

Felt nostalgic a few Days ago as the old Rainbow Six games came to mind, I really miss the planning-phase of those games so I decided to make a prototype game with such a feature in unity :)