Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. khos

khos

Hi, would you mind to share some details on how you did this? :) Looks nice!

2. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Fury, an Android/iPhone war game work in progress. It is an all-out war against the aliens...

3. jojoofu

jojoofu

I'm working on a fantasy game in a cartoon style that is targeted towards low end computers. The coding is all taken care off but I really need help with environment design. If you're serious about making a game then message me. Here is a small scene I've been working. I haven't added the character models yet but they are soon to come.

Golden-Skull-Studios likes this.
  4. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Pacific Rim, an underwater base in the Pacific....

5. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Update for my Pacific Ocean base

6. Overmind5000

Overmind5000

Decided to make a rim-lit terrain shader.

No rim lighting so far...

50% overlay with a power of 4

25% overlay with same power

Same overlay, but with power of 8

I also have a parameter for changing the color of the rimlight as well.

7. Letitroll

Letitroll

Here's a simple editor extension for some code generation. It's open source on github, where you can find more details as well.
    https://github.com/forsmoo/UnityEditorScriptUtility

The package adds four new commands to the project view context menu.
    • Custom Inspector
      • By right clicking a monobehaviour you can create the boilerplate code for an inspector in the editor folder.
    • EditorWindowScript
      • Starts a dialog for creating a new editor window script.
    • EditorScipt
      • Creates a class with UnityEditor namespace imports.
    • Class
      • Creates a simple c# class

It has support for the open source package manger Koinonia
    https://github.com/nitreo/Koinonia

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

9. hey_m8

hey_m8

Got two procedural generation projects for you guys to muck around in. Exported to WebGL, apologies for any performance issues.

First one is a planet that lets you shoot asteroids at it and deform it and the second is one which just generates new terrain pieces as you reach the border of the current piece.

https://hey-m8.itch.io/one-mans-planet
    https://hey-m8.itch.io/infinite-terrain

DanielGilbert likes this.
  10. Rabagast

Rabagast

Hi, guys!

I'm working on a 2D retro platformer and I need some feedback on the controller. The game will be a single screen platformer with ladders and jumping. Below is a screenshot and a link where you can try it. I only need feedback on the controller. Nothing more, since this is just a prototype. :) Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 06.51.26 (2).png

Here is a link where you can test the controller:
    http://walsberg.no/webgames/RetroBoyWeb/

11. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Decided to work on my old projects again that I have free time now.

12. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

This is a coding based showcase, so I decided to stay on topic.

I've made a UI component that displays a value on a bar. Which can be used to make health bars, recharge bars, fill bars and others.

http://hastebin.com/alakeqayow.cs

13. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

MOBA game with no towers or creeps which I've been developing for the past two years is coming along nicely :D
    Currently working on first iteration of melee combat.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  14. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Making a GTA inspired game: Designing weapons and weapon sounds

15. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Just managed to fake carousel menu in Canvas...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  16. narfanator

narfanator

https://github.com/narfanator/maptionary

I made this thing for parsing JSON/YAML/XML into a very free-form and forgiving data structure that resembles hashes in Ruby/JS/Python. It's not meant for object serialization (use the existing libraries for that) but IMHO is way better when you just want some data (say, configs, or whatever).

Example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Node n = Maptionary.Parse("key: value");
    3. assert(n["key"] == "value");
    5. n["non-existent-keys"]["are safe"] = "to use"
    I would very much like commentary and criticism, if anyone here is interested in taking a closer look!

17. HolBol

HolBol

Finally have something to show for my work on this RPG.

Completely new dialogue system. Can handle pre-made dialogue graphs with essentially endless branches per node, and each box is dynamically generated based on the type of node I give it, so that dialogue can be displayed from anywhere- whether in battles or not. I intend on adding special nodes that give the player items and start battles. Also, each box features its own typing speed, and per character rich text formatting.

Screenshot 2016-11-23 04.57.05.png

I'm also planning on writing an editor tool to quickly make dialogue trees that can be saved as prefabs for me to use later.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Ericks89 likes this.
  18. MickM

MickM

Playing around with a Topographic map generator, not something that seems to be done too often (based off unanswered forum posts/unity answers posts/stack overflow threads)

Currently fairly functional off any Unity terrain although some strange heightmap issues with downloaded terrain to test, no dramas off self made terrains.

Grid lines, contour lines and vegetation markers all generated automatically. All are fairly customisable - eg. colours for all (including base map colour/alpha), contour interval for contour lines, tree density variables to determine density required to be considered vegetated area etc.
    Major contour lines (50m, 100m etc) aren't differentiated yet.

Example with a quick 2 minute 1km x 1km terrain with some trees (Some areas on the map have trees but aren't considered 'vegetated areas' as it isn't thick enough), 10m contour interval and grid line spacing of 100m.

Can toggle elements (contour lines, grid lines, vegetation) on/off and also saves to .png file if needed.

Aiming to get to a point that it shows all data expected from a topo map although contour line numbers are probably a bit of a sticking point at the moment.

A bit of fun and turned out surprisingly well. Quick enough to do on initial load but definitely not something to do regularly doing gameplay!

19. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

working with planetary terrain ,and playing with some crazy shaders.
    this one is not very large , about 3400 units radius ,with 16x16 mesh grids spread over lod.

Attached Files:

20. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

i like the idea of alien-like inspired creativity ,good texturing is a challenge though , i want to lean towards more natural looking textures but have not gotten there yet , although noise is becoming a bit more naturally looking..

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1,009 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      762.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      305.7 KB
      Views:
  21. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

i went up to 6000000 units radius , to have a look at floating point errors with my floating origin , it was not bad , but there are work to be done , especially on the procedural side ,but i am quite happy with performance figures since i am running this on an old laptop with integrated intel graphics yuck.

another little ugly shot.

Attached Files:

22. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Making some progress creating a bezier mesh editor tool for a 2D game I'm making. Surprising how much effort is required just to get to this point. Editing is now quite pleasant/intuitive/efficient with automatic docking of anchor points, automatic handle mirroring (or not), and texturing support. It won't be an asset store tool because it's actually based on an asset store tool that I heavily modified ;-) Just trying to implement the features needed for the game. I realized that editing was just too slow and cumbersome and that a lot o time would be saved with a friendlier tool, so I'm focusing on this first.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 8.24.00 PM.png

iamthwee and spark-man like this.
  23. Serge_Billault

Serge_Billault

Began a small app developped during my spare time
    - Asset store asset baught: none
    - Asset store asset used: none
    - Backends: PHP, MySQL
    - FrontEnd: Unity
    - Might be released for free when completed

Current state of the project:
    - Custom map viewer with all the basics (async loading queue, progress indicator, WGS84)
    - Custom Color picker coded for free in ~40 minutes
    - Custom UIItemList coded for free in ~40 minutes (UVs swaps to avoid widgets proliferation when applicable)
    - Custom File browser coded for free in: ~15 minutes, (good performance and memory footprint independant of content)
    - Custom JSON coded for free in: ~1H (direct access to values trhough classic property paths)
    - Basic download / upload of user content

Previous spare time project (Ogre version: C++, Unity version: C#):
    - Made a pathfinding system where 8096 entities were pathfinding on 4 diffrent ypes of navigation meshes on the same map (only >171FPS because entities and meshes has to be drawn), the convex areas nav mesh was built on the fly from a COLLADA importer which i also wrote, with BSP partitioning, and intrusive linked lists (for their inherent phenomenal boost), but no real flocking

A special big thanks to each and everyone at UNITY, the only compagny that understood that intelligent people make powerfull easy to use tools, not gasworks destined to make the life of programmers miserable, and whose courage forced the entire industry to reconsider developpers as human beings.

Experience in the video game industry: ~15 Years
    view1.jpg view2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  24. Blacklight

Blacklight

AI tests. Still pretty dodgy. Both teams use the same AI script.

The red team is set to attack more recklessly and aggressively. They ignore cover and are willing to get up close and personal.
    The grey team fight more cautiously, sticking to cover and trying to keep their distance.

Record_2016_12_20_21_20_26_468.gif Record_2016_12_20_21_22_48_828.gif

25. holdingjupiter

holdingjupiter

I want to make games that have an impact on a gamers consciousness. Much like a good piece of art. I'm ready to start looking for feedback. What I've built is some simple first person rpg systems that are malleable, and I'd like to make a bunch of games with the system that deal with different aspects of consciousness. This is my first wholehearted attempt (you know, after a few sub-engine rewrites).

It's called dream beings and it's classic fps controls with e to interact.

http://the-story-engine.com/DreamBeings/index.html

26. VanGoghShock

VanGoghShock

Las Palabras Caen Preview available.

Hi everybody! This is our first game, and we started with something simple. We have completed a game preview and would like some honest feedback prior to developing it further.

Have fun while learning and reinforcing your Spanish vocabulary.
    Play at your own pace, or see how fast you can match the words. ​

If there is an interest in the game, more topics will be added, including verb and conjugation topics.

There is a known issue with the music when it begins replay, and if you have suggestions those are welcome as well.

Our web page is at:
    http://vangoghshock.weebly.com/

Our builds can be found at:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-EG6HlCyocpNE1NR3VwY2F2Vlk

We are currently a two person team with a developer and an artist. I am the developer, and have tested the Windows builds. An older version of the Mac builds was tested, but the current version is waiting for a beta tester. The Linux builds are entirely experimental, and are looking for a beta tester. (If they turn out to be unplayable, I will pull them from the download directory.)
    LasPalabrasCaenTeaser.jpg

27. Bankie666

Bankie666

More of a proof-of-concept than a WIP, but I took a couple of days over Christmas to check out the Oculus APIs. I present to you a quick video of my VR Guitar. Surprisingly little code to make this work. All the graphical stuff are freebies on the Asset Store. I built all the guitar samples myself using my guitar (obviously) and Guitar Rig 5 (one of the Rammfire presets).

28. WorksForFun

WorksForFun

Hey, I just working for some "Rail First Person Shooter", I think someone know what it is "Rail Shooter"
    So, here some screenshots.

I work alone for this game, used self-created resources :3

29. Redklaw

Redklaw

This is the first project I've posted publicly anywhere and it's a solo project I started about a week ago while trying to figure out how to generate a seamless spherical noise texture. Please let me know what you think and what you would like to see added to this project.

As a note, if you download a copy, the play button does nothing currently, all the functionality is in the Inspector window on the MapGenerator object.

Project github

The only texture seams are currently froom using the standard sphere primitive, which is what I'm currently working on replacing.

30. TheYumma

TheYumma

31. james9074

james9074

I've got a few things here to share...

One, a game coming out in two weeks:

And then two scripts that have helped save me hours and hours of time:

https://github.com/James9074/Unity-Juice-UI | Juice UI - An easy way to move/tween/fade your UIs via script

Want to fade out some UI object in half a second? - Juice.Instance.FadeGroup(aCanvasGroup, 0.5f, 0.0f)

Want to move a rect to the left and print something when that's done?
    Juice.Instance.Tween(myRect, 1f, new Vector2(-6,5),Juice.Instance.Linear, ()=>{
    Debug.Log("All done!");
    });

I've got a bunch of neat effects in there: Typewritter text, rotations, wiggles, shakes, UI slider slides, sprite colors, material lerping, pulsing, bouncing, etc. One day I'll go make a proper API docs page for this. If you're interested, let me know.

https://github.com/James9074/Unity-Tooltips | Unity Tooltips - Simple UI Tooltips

It's about as simple as attaching a Tooltip script to any UI object with a button on it.

Please feel free to fork and create pull requests!

Mauri likes this.
  32. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Hey guys, I'm at it again. Muahahaa.

Bonaventure 01.png

I'm working on a short sci-fi based game. I've been working on bringing some of my code over from my old Laser Cat game, only without multiplayer. The concept I'm going with is like an episode of Star Trek, only with a more ray-gun gothic look, and Tesla coils everywhere.

More photos will come along...when I get to them.

Master-Frog and Blacklight like this.
  33. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Good for you, man.

34. dyox

dyox

Hello, i'm actually working on the new version of TerrainEngine.

Current Work:
    -Working with multithreading and how to manage/dispatch actions over all processors without killing the main thread (Record the Render Time, the update time of all scripts, evaluate all possible unity work related to last actions (colliders,GC,GameObject.Instanciate,Destroy, etc..) and allow X ms to the current frame to call functions. All functions call time are stored and evaluated for another call and use a priority queue)

-Dynamic multi-threaded batching for plants/grass/trees. With fading, and multiple LOD level generated procedurally.( Screenshot from all directions, using custom shader, LOD textures saved and loaded when needed, with realtime fading of current gameobject using : Cutout,Alpha,or any custom shader property)

-I've worked on a fastest way to generate procedural terrain with fluids and coherent objects placement ( I'm using a random seeded system (fastest than UnityEngine.Random or System.Random, and linked to a coherent noise algo)) (Specialy for grass/details, who scale depend of around number of similar object, and ground type)

-Algorithm to select where and why place any object at given X/Y/Z position (because it's not only an heightmap but a 3D world). (Checking heightmap + Current Terrain Voxel data, checking if under fluid, on fluid surface or ground in contact with air,etc...)

-I had to rewrite most of systems to avoid using classes and replace them by struct. (Specially for the mainstream Chunk Management, using Algo based on position, returning all data needed for a X/Y/Z chunk. The complete Terrain is divided into block, divided into chunk, but no classes are used (Only for the server that use TerrainBlockServer class for manage players and players visible objects))

-A lot of test/rework to optimize the Garbage collector ( Max array size for minimal GC impact, how to correctly pool objects, etc)

-A lot of micro optimizations and benchmark (List, Constructors (struct or class), Pooling, Unity Colliders, etc) All functions was benchmarked and tested.
    (Reuse all struct, never use List or any C# collection, rewrite everything yourself, it will give you a direct access to the array, never use foreach, and only for(i=objects.count-1;i>=0;--i) it's a basic but when used on a loop = 1024*1024*1024 * 8000, it change everything, and so more ;D)

-All systems was made using Interface or abstract class to use addons and any third party assets. Specialy the network system, that is working with all network assets (Unet,Photon,Forge,etc...)

-A Scripting GameObject system that allow, send/receive message when any gameobject state change

-A network system that allow : Host a game, Play Solo, Host a dedicated server without unity systems (colliders,Monobehavior,etc..) and a Dedicated server that emulate an unity game using colliders (GameObjects,terrain,spells, all players around grass/details/trees/IA etc..))

Current Work :
    -New realtime fluids with surface waves on impact (with physics and particles(leaf,rocks,spells,etc)). I will use an octree, using only struct shared between all terrain parts, using BitArray to store node state. Fluids flow will use a cellular automata algo, with multiple optimizations (First : How to get fluid state on each voxel, second how to look over a voxel cube), and for finish manage how to draw mesh depending of the current terrain LOD state.

-Realtime multi-threaded Terrain Editor, working in tandem with the Procedural GUI Editor.Already in alpha state, i don"t know why, but generating a terrain inside editor is 2X faster than generating terrain in play mode, a lot of system has been rewrited to add ExecuteInEditor :D

-Space Engine, with new coordinate system, using double, and multiple camera rendering.
    I learned a lot about Unity engine and its operation, a lot of technical limitation.
    Horizon55 2017-01-12 05-30-02-80.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Ebonicus, Metron and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  35. Metron

Metron

Wow!

dyox likes this.
  36. Rebstrike

Rebstrike

I have a prototype for an RPG where you play as a vigilante.
    You can't fight anybody yet, though. :(

This is mainly just to see how it feels to fly around the downtown section of the city, named Freedom City.

Platforms [Alpha v1.1.0] :
    PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS SO I CAN BETTER IMPROVE THIS GAME!

37. gamadgames

gamadgames

Last weekend I put myself a challenge of creating a game within 10 hours (and publishing it directly after I finished it).

I just released the game, I would be awesome if you guys tell me what you think about it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamad.triangle

(I didn't create the trailer within the 10 hours ;) )

About the game:
    Touch the screen until you have enough power and shoot the triangle forward and dodge the obstacles!

38. BitCrushed

BitCrushed

unity grass always seem so disconnected to terrain due to it not having shadow and ao by default so i wrote a little simple script to improve the visuals, it adds a baked ,blobby ao effect on terrain with a simple shader, so now my grass feel like they are apart of the world's light a little more .

two screens ,one before and one after the effect applied.

Attached Files:

Mister-D, Tzan and krraej like this.
  39. behemotPL

behemotPL

• During jump/fall i have run animation
    • the red radiothing hovers over air
    • maybe start with explore the city design Mirrors Edge style to polish movment and then add rpg things

40. NoisyChain

NoisyChain

I'm developing a 3D mobile platform game. It's still in early development stages, but it's quite playable. :)

It's called Rainbow Hatter.

No preview yet... :(

Take a look on Game Jolt (More details and playable builds there)
    I'm accepting sugestions. In the future I will open a thread only for my project. ;)

41. Rebstrike

Rebstrike

I'm working on fixing that

Check the fix for the floating radio thing here;
    Windows 64-bit
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/share/ZJJ1v0Ccef/

42. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

What I'd love to see in a terrain engine is one that doesn't have any 'popping in' of levels of detail or new objects/hills etc... it is the most distracting thing about almost all such engines, so suddenly notice that a tree went from a certain level of detail and popped into another level of detail, or hills in the distance gradually 'rise' as cross-sections become visible, or objects suddenly pop into view, or texture quality suddenly gets an upgrade without a smooth transition. These are all the worst part of any 3d terrain system for me, especially given how high quality the environment is looking otherwise, it just detracts from it.

43. Blacklight

Blacklight

Made a little match 3 kinda thing. You have to chain up 3 or more.

Record_2017_02_20_00_33_57_272.gif

Cookieg82 likes this.
  44. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Playing around with sweat/wet shader...
    Added sweat/water 'droplets'

45. xinoHITO1

xinoHITO1

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Cookieg82 likes this.
  46. zugsoft

zugsoft

DriftMe
    created in 8hours only.

Need 16 more hours to implement multiplayer, and create simple menu :D

Beta version available on Google Play

Cookieg82 likes this.
  47. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

Boss Battle!

48. macdude2

macdude2

Definitely needs a lot of polish, but you've got a really neat idea going there! Also, really dug the sound effects.

Cookieg82 likes this.
  49. mysticfall

mysticfall

There's not much to see yet. But I just wanted to brag about my first Unity project, which I suspect could be the most over engineered and bloated camera/player control script ever - it doesn't do much else than what a normal controller script does, but already has 30+ classes and unit tests! :cool:

WIP.png

50. zugsoft

zugsoft

Hello,
    I am a developer, but also a snowboarder.
    This year it was not possible for me to pratice snowboard, so I created a game and I really feel my snowboard.
    Are you never wanted to pratice snowboard in summer? It's now possible , and everywhere.

I think to create a kickstarter campaign to finished my game.
    I hope you will like my first video

Mister-D, Cookieg82, PhilippG and 3 others like this.