Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Slaghton

Slaghton

Testing an alpha version of my combat system over the network using mecanim + the character motor for movement.

2. GTGD

GTGD

Hello everyone,

Just showing off my latest in development project Weekend Drive. In the current game mode I'm working on meteorites are raining down upon the city and you have to drive to safety! A playable build is available for download from my website and the link is in the video.

I'm using many top quality asset store plugins and art, along with my own stuff to achieve what I've done so far. Yes Unity 5 is pretty cool! It was almost impossible for just one person to get this far in their hobby time not so many years ago.

I'll setup an IndieDB page soon and perhaps I'll make a dedicated thread so I can show my progress every few weeks.

Thanks, and I wish you a safe drive home!
    GTGD

NickWu likes this.
  3. NickWu

NickWu

Hello fellows,

I spent around 2 weeks on trying to implement the basic mechanics of portal on Unity.
    Here's how it looks like:

Any thought or suggestion are welcomed.

Cheers!

mliukka, Flickayy, xhohohox and 6 others like this.
  4. macdude2

macdude2

Which method did you use? Going to guess stencil buffer?

5. NickWu

NickWu

I used RenderTexture and corrected the viewport by messing with the projection matrices of the corresponding cameras.
    Which caused the image to get blurry while the player camera is close up to the portal due to the high fov.

I guess stencil buffer would be a better solution.

6. macdude2

macdude2

Naw, you just need different solutions for different situations. I did it the same way that you did for distances when the player was far from the camera, but when the camera was close, wrote the feed to the depth buffer and then switched the portal's material to a use a depth mask. The only issue with this method is that it doesn't look good if you are right in between both portals. I'm honestly not sure how one would use the stencil buffer, but when I was researching portal rendering long ago, thats what people were suggesting (although writing to the stencil buffer exist then) . I assume it would allow you to fix this small graphical bug though.

NickWu likes this.
  7. Arcanor

Arcanor

I've been working on a small tactical puzzle game, which is now called Pesticide Patrol.

Here is a link to my most recent blog about it:
    http://arcanoria.com/games/?p=316

And here is a playable link to the hosted game on itch.io:
    http://arcanor.itch.io/pesticide-patrol

I appreciate any comments or thoughts about the current status, as well as your opinions about future development prospects. Thanks for checking it out!

ppss-splash.jpg ppss-welcome.jpg ppss-lev1.jpg

8. c-Row

c-Row

Currently working on the basic setup for a tactical turn-based strategy game. Pathfinding around dynamically placed obstacles works, and I also learned something about writing custom inspectors in the process. :)

mliukka likes this.
  9. jerryjr261

jerryjr261

Probably too early to post as I really don't have anything to show yet but I'm going to post it anyway! Just blocked out a town using Roleplaying City Map Generator then tweaked the map in Photoshop, separating elements on their own layer and colorizing it for now. Loads of work to be done still, but I thought I would post the beginning of a personal project!

project.jpg

10. Bolchev

Bolchev

As a first project I decided I'm going to make a 2d space shooter game. As I'm not an artist I used sprites from open game art. This is where you can find all current screens and info about the game here is the link:
    http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/final-frontier
    What I've done so far:
    6 levels complete
    I have included all basic systems such as player health movement speed etc.
    Enemy's have been created as well.
    3 Boss fights( one of which has a screenshot in the link, a giant red carrier )
    Player progression - player gets better ships more guns etc. as the game progresses to deal with the harder enemies.
    Enemy's Become harder - Some get shields others spawn there own minions etc. Get ready for a fight :)
    Player Score - Keep track of how manyships you have destroyed!
    Lives system - As in most 2d space shooters you have 3 lives.
    Watch out for the random flying asteroids !
    What I'm currently working on:
    Animations
    Things I plan to work on:
    UI - Badly needed
    Game Storyline.
    The game is gonna be 12 levels in total, around a bit over an hour gameplay, so 6 more levels to be added.

11. 1Piotrek1

1Piotrek1

After few months of programming and reading tuts, i want to show you my first prototype of multiplayer, voxel terrain using shooter. As you can see in description player model will be replaced with something more like in cube world, so you can treat it just as tech demo. Anyway, multiplayer synch of voxel terrain is working (i'm using photon), but i'm not satysfied about world size (it requires breaking data to parts). Follow gamejolt page if you want to get news about this game/prototype.
    http://gamejolt.com/games/voxel-bas...ry-early-prototype-placeholder-graphics/84404

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  12. Sareh Shadowborne

Sareh Shadowborne

I just started a blog chronicling my journey through a Pokemon remake I am in the very beginning stages of. Check it out, leave a comment or opinion. I am open to any information willing to be given, I love and wish for constructive criticism.

shadowbornegames.blog.com

13. Bolchev

Bolchev

Not_Sure likes this.
  14. vit_soft

vit_soft

Hi people!
    Just showing of my first game D360.

Playable demo

Thanks for feedback!

15. 1Piotrek1

1Piotrek1

16. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

If you could make a portal asset I would buy it om day one. :)

17. NiloBR

NiloBR

taking a break from AI work.... made this tile map editor....

18. Braza

Braza

Tipsy traktor driving in Russia! Bears hitch-hickers functionality isn't yet implemented. Get drunk to move faster! Eat pickled cucumbers to mitigate alcohol effects (currently just reduces speed, but other side-effects of getting drunk are coming)!

19. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's a game template I've released recently on the store. It's actually a remake of one of the first Flash games I made. Looking back at my previous games, it's great to see how we evolve :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  20. DuneWalker

DuneWalker

Hey everyone,
    I've uploaded this visual of global infrared emissions and population. It looks low-res at first, and loads in higher-res textures at runtime.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Tactical_Beard and mliukka like this.
  21. Josh707

Josh707

Started a "replay" system, so far it records the positions & rotations of registered objects and can record legacy animations. It records frames at some desired interval, during playback it interpolates between frames. The interval is basically a trade-off between playback precision and memory usage, the clip below is at 4 frames per second. Next on the list is recording instantiation & destroying which is about halfway done.

(Click on the image to see the clip)

Slaghton and Braza like this.
  22. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

I assume this is for individual pieces of larger projects? If so, here is a screenshot showing the left side of the pilothouse of one of the steampunk airships in my upcoming game, "Aeronautica" (with another airship visible through the window):

You can see more information about the game on the website, at: http://starving-indie-developer.com/aeronautica.html

zzarkov and xhohohox like this.
  23. Explorer1

Explorer1

Hi all,

https://holeupcreative.wordpress.com/

Here is an experimental game idea I'm working on in Unity 5. It's an audio based game which I plan to release it for free and I've created a blog on Wordpress with code examples and videos. I've focussed on level design in the past but now I'm having a go with full on programming. Would be great to have a few subscribers to keep me going. Thanks

24. Explorer1

Explorer1

Wow - i'm not an artist but that looks awesome! I don't think you need one... ;-)

25. puppeteer

puppeteer

I made this shooting gallery template over a relatively short period. Using assets from Kenney.nl really sped up the process. It should be in the asset store within a few days.

26. Jim_West

Jim_West

Finally found a way to detect the input type of the player.
    I'm changing between keyboard and Xbox360 Controller while playing and the Icon will change, depending on the last input the player made.

27. xhohohox

xhohohox

Hey,
    I've been working on this RPG project in my spare time. I don't have a specific game in mind, i just wanted to work on a RPG frame work. I've got a little bit of the basics done now.

I'm currently working on the skills system so i can have skills with stun/sleep/push-pull type abilities and buffs/debuff effects.

I'm thinking I'm going to be working on items/inventory after that.

Any feedback, tips? :)

28. Alineshh

Alineshh

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I started working on this game called dj mash. It was created for smartphones and right now there's a demo available for android phones.

Description:
    This is a simple game based on reactions, a combination of taps, beats and cool soundtracks.

The objective of the game is to "catch the beat" by tapping highlighted pads, synchronizing with the music that's playing in the background.

The game currently has only one song in the playlist and I am still waiting for approvals on many others.

Screenshots:

Download:
    Android - Amazon | itch

Notes:
    Waiting for your feedback ❤

29. puppeteer

puppeteer

Haven't played it yet, but that starry background is just gorgeous!

30. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Had to share this:

31. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's a short GIF from my upcoming Lane Defense Game Template:

The gameplay is supposed to be pretty simple, sort of like the classic Tapper game, but instead of pushing away patrons with drinks, you push back a horde of robots with your blaster. You can shoot smaller bullets, or power up your shots for a bigger damage/push shot.

I'll also add some items moving on the lanes which you need to collect, and maybe some enemies that shoot at you and you have to avoid them. This should make gameplay a bit more interesting, hopefully.

32. zzarkov

zzarkov

Hi all,

I am porting an existing game (Qubrix-Brain Twister) to Unity and it would be nice to get some feedback, and some help about testing.
    The game is unusual, it is rather a toy than a game, it is a 3D logic problem/puzzle similar to problem found in Rubik's Cube. It is tested only on Win7 and Win10 and might not work quit correctly (it is my first Unity project) although it seems to work for me and couple of people.
    Here is the link

http://www.vrinternal.com/lib/Qubrix-0.0.9.zip

and here is the initial screen you suppose to get if it is ok

Qubrix-Unity-0.jpg

and the screen after you hit play button, a scrambled image that suppose to be put together.

Qubrix-Unity-01.jpg

Any feedback would be most appreciated.
    thanks in advance,
    zarkov

33. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

@ zzarkov Not my kind of game really, but this would be interesting on mobile. More or less a kids game, you make a photo, then photo => puzzle. "Puzzle me" or something ;-)

@Thread my racing game, I am working on the art style.. :confused::)

Attached Files:

mliukka and Tim-C like this.
  34. zzarkov

zzarkov

@Dennis_eA
    Thanks for the comment. Yes, it is a game for mobile but the engine used works only on Win desktop therefore I am porting it to Unity. However not just for kids, it is rather difficult 3D problem and it is possible to make an immense number of levels.
    btw. I am not a great player but I like racing games:)

35. IndieAlchemist

IndieAlchemist

Hello!
    This is a small game I developed for a 72 hours jam.
    The name is Zephyr and Wyn and the theme was cooperation, but it didn't have to be multiplayer.
    You can play the game here:

http://gamejolt.com/games/zephyr-and-wyn/92934#close

scrPhoto1.png

scrPhoto2.png

I hope you'll enjoy it.

Wainting for suggestions about how to improve it.

mliukka likes this.
  36. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

I made a video showing off a level editor custom inspector I made for my game Tales of Lena:

Doddler and Flickayy like this.
  37. Jim_West

Jim_West

I'm currently working on a ingame computer system, this is a prototype of a file browser (non real files, only files that exists in the game on):

38. CrisisSystem

CrisisSystem

WOOO! Not much to look at yet but I just finished programming the camera follow/smoothing/boundaries, and setup the 2.5D scene and it is so goshdarned awesome.

39. CrisisSystem

CrisisSystem

40. MaximilianD

MaximilianD

I'm creating a system to render rain droplets on glass in real time, since I need one for my most recent personal demo, which features a rainy sunset environment.

I'll be using the system a lot, and I'm planning to render apartments with huge windows, so I need it to be fast. I also need it to be dynamic, I should be able to change the forces applied to the system on the fly.

I'm simulating the droplets on the GPU, doing only three iterations per update, the simulation is being updated once per 0.04 seconds. I'm also cloning boundaries, which allows me to repeat the normal maps as many times as I like, in other words, I'm actually planning to use the same instance of the simulation on all windows.

It still needs a lot of work, specially the reflections / refractions shader which I still need to code.

This is how is looking today...

And this is an older attempt...

41. puppeteer

puppeteer

Finally done with my next template, here's some gameplay:

\

It changed some in terms of gameplay since the first design, so we are not pushing enemies back anymore, and there is no charged shot. Instead I made it into a zuma/luxor style where you have to shoot enemies of a color with a shot of the same color.

42. GMM

GMM

Just a small SpeedTree and using various assets.

Dannyoakes likes this.
  43. Forgon

Forgon

Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago, I had a nostalgia run re-playing with lots of 90s and 00s space simulators such as Tie Fighter, X-wing, Freespace and such and I wondered I could make a similar game with Unity. So I decided to give it a go and started my hobby project working during my free times.

Here is a video of the super early prototype showcasing various basic systems:

44. npchampion

npchampion

On my plat former its keeps saying to fix all compiler errors how do i do that.

45. Mauri

Mauri

By not posting in this thread :p There's an extra forum section for asking questions about Scripting here: http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/scripting.12/
    Make sure to include your code and mention the line where it throws the error (hint: look at the in-editor console).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  46. Sehlor

Sehlor

Spell / Animation Sync Tryouts For Upcoming Title

47. Danbolp

Danbolp

Hello Guys.
    I am developing Rob The Bag for 1 Week now and thats my progress so far:

- Working scoresystem with coins and gems
    - Working bag mechanic
    - Shoe powerUp for speed boost!

Im hope you are interested in progress, see you soon ♥

For Feedback visist my Thread :)
    Or IndieDB

puppeteer likes this.
  48. maikonfarias

maikonfarias

Hi!

I am relatively new to game development, but I am enjoying it a lot on some of my free time.
    I followed the tutorial LETS MAKE A GAME: INFINITE RUNNER from Unity Learn by Mike Geig and after that I started putting my own things and published it to the mobile stores.

Things I've added:
    Online Highscores with country, character and device.
    Shop to get new Characters and Maps.
    8 Languages.

I am still updating it, I had some help with the graphics and the music.

Run Shadow, Endless Runner Game
    Store: Android, iOS, Windows
    Download: RunShadow1.20.zip

The code is open source, if anyone want to see, copy or even help :D
    https://github.com/maikonfarias/runshadow

Kellyrayj likes this.
  49. dude4004

dude4004

Hello there,

I've been working on this little game for 3 weeks now and I just want to share you this.
    Sky Defender (name can change later) would be a Tower on a floating island with 4 primary weapons which can have different Ammos on it.
    Each part can be "Upgraded" between level/stage. (Currently, there is ONLY 1 level done, so you cannot upgrade it. Not yet!)

Each enemy crafts have a weak point. It mean if you destroy the good part of it, it will be instantly destroyed. Use your head and aim for the right part, but be sure to be quick because there are many of them!

Let's see 2x screenshot about it instead

Want to try a little demo? Sure, here's the link! There are 5 waves of Crafts, try to complete it!
    Demo

If you have some ideas, want to share your gaming experience with us, leave a post here!

50. prasanth-akon

prasanth-akon

Hello this is awesome. Can you give me some basic technical details on how to store the positions and rotations, and how to get data to play like a video player?Thank you.