Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Not here to compete... here to inspire... :) and this is coming along... keep on practising...

2. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

Great work Neptune !
    But why so dark ? Be proud of your work ! :D

Here's my current game-res mesh. More of an artwork but anyway...

HigherRes

DING DONG !
    "I would like to talk to you about God"

3. janpec

janpec

Super work Florian, imagine how could it would be if you would create more races like that and make whole space scene similar to Mass Effect.

4. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Creeeeepy!! Definitely beyond the G-Man creepyy

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  5. janpec

janpec

Ivanzu, that is one fantastic book, thanks for sharing.

6. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Here's my wip model. It's missing a few buttons and maybe a specular map for the skin part. And the shader is just the bumped specular that comes with unity, I might change that later.

Does he look from the 70s? He's supposed to! it's for my stealth espionage project :D

edit: Did I mention the project could use an extra hand? yes! "we" are "hiring" (as in "I need help from other hobbyists") The thread is here.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  7. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Epic

8. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Looks like a creepy pedophile, ;) I like the model, looks oldish styled.

9. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

He definitely has that feel of a creepy man like a kidnapper... Love this

10. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

I just made a note to self here: "don't make him one of the good guys" lol
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like it.

11. mcunha98

mcunha98

12. Christiaan

Christiaan

@mcunha98

love the style, amazing work!!!!

13. janpec

janpec

Damn great, the last tower looks excellent, thats gonna be one great looking IOS game.

14. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

@mcuncha9e Those are some great looking assets. I love the texturing style.

Do you know of any good tutorials I could check out to learn to texture better?

15. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

That shark on the hook would be 100x better if you tapered the nose and it wasnt so much of a cube. Just bring the corner verts in and backward a bit so it rounds off to more of a point and itll be awesome. Textures need a little more love in the hand painted department but its really coming along and looking nice!

16. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Lovely art style!
    What platform is this project aimed for? mobile? I ask because it seems very low poly and the shader looks very simple (still loooks great! not a criticism at all if this is intended)

17. HolBol

HolBol

18. mcunha98

mcunha98

Guys,

Thanks for the comments, here some objects in the game:

19. kenlem

kenlem

More wonderful work! Is that lightmapped?

20. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is looking very impressive... :) Are you going to work on the lighting as well :)

21. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is some more work on the my model... (been working on my novel so been taking breaks from 3D) these are rendered in xNormal, so a lot of of the specular maps that I have working in Unity, are virtually null in this program... will further optimise this model...

22. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Nice model, but I just realized he is wearing a shirt. Take a look at some references of muscled men wearing tight shirts:

See how the fabric stretches mostly horizontally? this makes all features of the underlying object that aren't cylindrically symmetric disappear (that's hard to put in words, but just looking at the picture should make it clear :)

Always have references! keep modeling

23. HolBol

HolBol

Yeah, that was just a quick photoshop mockup using a blender render.

24. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Already fixing it... looking at some Under Armour shirts for reference...

25. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I randomly made this earlier in the week to practice on improving my low poly modeling skills and mostly texturing.
    I call it the Strange Rhino :)

He roams freely in dessert areas dressed in battle armor.

26. Prion Games

Prion Games

$td_gui.jpg

Is meant to be cartoony so needs some more work.

27. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Not bad man... keep on improving...

28. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Some fun with the post effects... I am still working on my model's textures and wanted a better scene to test my model in... and this particular level is one of few lighting scenarios the characters will be in... textures still WIP

EDIT: I can't seem to get rid of the artifacts that I am getting with Megagrab...

$Unity-Beauty-Shot-2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  29. virror

virror

Badass!

30. janpec

janpec

Dinos put together for first pack release on Asset store.

31. fivearchers

fivearchers

Been working away on a new Typhon class Archer for Steel Archers. (With the normal sized mechs for comparison) I'm leaning towards giving the player more massive mechs to use in assaults on enemy facilities (with the player being constantly harried by smaller units).

32. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Damn, look at those T-Rex models... I would be S***ting myself right now if i were the other dinos lol...such great work Janpec... question, what are you using to preview your models...

33. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

The model is vastly improved with the small tweaks you made and the lighting, scenario and post effects are FANTASTIC.

34. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Thanks man... I am hoping with an editor for cutscenes, I will be able to animate all of these effects cleanly... still working on the model lol...

35. janpec

janpec

Thanks Neptune, i am usually using Unity, Mudbox or Marmoset toolbag to preview models, since those are all realtime engines and there arent much difference in visual results. On that image Marmoset toolbag was used (great for previewing models in several provided lighting setups, and it even includes DX11 detail tessellation, sadly i cant test it on dinos becouse my card is on DX11 minus 1 :p)

And also shaders that you use on your character are so damn unique and especially metal and glasses are looking really interesting.

36. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is quite painful lol... since I can't get glossy reflections, I will have to settle with low res reflections, which is all running in realtime... I have also implemented (inadvertently) fresnel gloss and specular, which is great for doing stuff like sweat on boxers... the textures you see are the clean one... later on I am going to design blood and damage on the fighter... kinda debating keeping the damage on the face...

37. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Meet Captain Delta everyone.

My Texturing skills have improved. this is one my favorite low poly models I have created.

Its the finished version of this:

38. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Just wanted to share a few pieces of character art!

I don't have too many plans for these. But I did want them to see at least a little bit of exposure.

39. virror

virror

You are really improving : )

40. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Wow! This right here is awesome!

41. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thank you Virror :)

42. Prion Games

Prion Games

Okay, I made this GUI awhile ago for someones game, they never went with it, well it could easily be used for someones slenderman game, I just hope i can find the PSD.

Attached Files:

43. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

UI needs a bit of work, very obvious that its just photoshop filters at the moment. Bevel and emboss, lighting, and gradient overlay. I dont see how anyone can use it since its copyright of the Slender Life. Unless whoever these people are give the ok, technically the work is theirs even if unused

44. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I would keep working on the UI... it takes WAY more than photoshop to make a great UI... keep going with the work...

45. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

$Final%20Texture.jpg
    Hey guys... finally finished up the texture work on this guy... I am cool with the colours and appearance of the model... Just gotta to shrink down the texture and sharpen it a bit (A trick I learned on polycount), and do a detail pass... any thoughts?

46. Prion Games

Prion Games

No copyright, I just put that in if they were going to make the game, they never did, I made this 2 years almost ago, did little work as you can see, I have no need to work on it further, just thought someone could use it if I found the psd files. otherwise its scrap.

47. mcunha98

mcunha98

I did the lightmap in Unity with Unity's Bake.
    The models I'm using AO maps.

48. primaerfunktion

primaerfunktion

The next project I'll probably never finish (but I'm actually trying to do): A spacefighter space fighting game in space. To name just a few of the main features: Spaceships, Lasers and a breakthrough technology utilized real-time Darth Vader Bobblehead inside the Cockpit.

Attached Files:

49. fivearchers

fivearchers

Messing around with my new portable sound recorder and audacity led to this abomination (40MB Windows build in Unity4 Beta). Started as such an innocent sound! Interesting project, but not sure what I'll do with it.

50. makinmagic4

makinmagic4

Some pretty good scenes, models and games in this thread, thought I would show what I am creating and what I've done so far.

Basically I am creating an pit lane/ garage with possibly transferring it all over into Unity and you are able to navigate your way around the pit garage, also I may make one of the cars interactive (able to drive it out of the garage, change camera views). The image below is what I have done so far, there is a slight issue with the lighting (shadows in the garage) but I am mostly using the lighting to see how things look, there is one major thing missing from the car ... that is the steering wheel, I may add/ create that at a later date, I missed this out on purpose due to being a complex piece of geometry/ mesh/ object.

Nothing has material/ texture apart from the cars and the spare front wing, all the rest is Maya's default Lambert material.

To follow the progress of the scene check here: http://makinmagic3.weebly.com/racing-car1.html

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012