Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ivanzu

ivanzu

Looking good thunderent just work a bit more on the metal texture especially on the specular map.

2. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

The model doesn't have a specular map...it's just the Bumped Specular shader.I got angry because my bakes turned out bad :D

I'll continue to work on the textures+a specular map...Thanks for the crits^^

3. jorisshh

jorisshh

I've been working on Helios for quite some time now and I've finally gotten down to the action combat part. The system uses collision detection to define hits, combined with hit boxes on the monster, damage gets calculated. Swords have a refraction trail behind them that is generated at runtime.

When a monster is hit on the head 30% extra damage will be dealt. Also weapons can be enchanted to gain extra attributes such as knock back strength, fire strength, ice etc.

If you would like to see more please visit http://www.helios-online.net

4. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

That looks epic! I'll go check your website now :D

5. jorisshh

jorisshh

Actually there are a ton of cool features that are quite unique. For example there is a fully dynamic 24 hour day/night system, at noon the city's close down and you won't be able to get in. Since the world is a hostile place (especially during night) you want to make sure you either get into town or get geared up. By bribing a guard you can get into the city, even at noon.

Also environments affect the player for example walking through the desert drains your stamina quicker and fighting on ice increases knockback chances.

There are a whole lot of other features you can check them out the blog page of the site.

6. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

$Unbenannt-2.jpg

new update:
    textures are still heavy WIP, just trying to get the single pieces fitting together in a way that isn't too complicated.
    Especially the overhang and the 45 degree pieces makes it hard.
    Stairs are nearly done, balconies will follow + some probs. not sure if i am able to put the probs on the same texture atlas or doing a second one.

after that...interior (<---i am scared of this :D )

webplayer

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Sclumpfsack - Lookin' sharp there! Those buildings are all made modularly, right?

You should write a tutorial for those of us (like me) who aren't as good with this sort of thing.

8. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

jup everything modular.

tutorial..umpf...well it is sometimes a wierd progress i do with the modular stuff.

i used THIS awesome tutorial by Thiago Klafke and converted it (in my mind) to exterior and blender :)

maybe if i have lots of spare time i could make a tutorial, but don't nail me down to a date^^

9. cupsster

cupsster

This is sweet. Just watch scale of grass-flower texture. :)

10. cupsster

cupsster

@Schlumpfsack +1 for that tutorial.. It is good one.

11. janpec

janpec

Darn i was looking if that guy made tutorial on how he did his epic UDK scene, finally thanks for link.

Schlumpfsack scene looks very good, looking forward for more pics.

12. fivearchers

fivearchers

Stealthy UCAV for Steel Archers, around 120 Polygons.

13. Acumen

Acumen

Our latest iOS project :)
    Hopefully gonna make it through this time. Project #125

It's all about the journey, not the destination.

Looks sweet!

14. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

I've no idea what it is but the colors are looking lovely <3

15. Duskling

Duskling

Agreed

16. Acumen

Acumen

thanks guys, that means we are doing something righ. Hope to be able to show some gameplay footage next week :)
    that's when our next dev milestone shall be met.
    Its a puzzle game basically. You control the yellow rectangle through these stages :)

17. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

I re-did the texture on the cannon.Time to make it look interesting,add scratches/dirt and all of that...

Crits appreciated!

18. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

19. janpec

janpec

Thunderent to be honest i liked first saturated version more than current one. Anyways yeh adding some metal scratches on edges would be great.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Looking decent but there are a few things that stand out in the scene.

- The ground texture is waaay to big, those flowers!
    - The DOF and Bokeh are just way over the top, increase the range and adjust the fade settings (I forgot the name of the setting) to make it more natural. The bokeh could be tweaked, those big white spots are bad.

Those two points are really hurting it. Would be nice to see the combat in motion too!

21. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Thanks for the crits!

It's just a "block-out" of the main parts(wood/metal).I'll play with the color balance/saturation after the texture is finished.

22. Duskling

Duskling

Really nice!

23. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

24. Farfarer

Farfarer

First time sculpting anything in ages. Totally lost it, need more practice :(

I got bored with the hair, does it show? :p

25. janpec

janpec

@Schlumpfsack You should try vertex painting, it would make building look much less repetitive and also more worn. Also in lightmaping turning AO very high would help to get some shadows in 90 degree angles. Other than that it looks good.

@Farfarer sculpt looks good, hair too.

26. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Looks damn good though...

27. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Messing around with a metal shader I put together... still trying to figure out how to get glossy reflections so I can get the look of brushed metal. All this shader takes is a black texture with alpha and a single swatch... normal maps are optional. From left to right: Copper, Bright Gold, Bronze, Chrome. Thinking about selling this on the Asset Store. Enjoy

$Blade%201087x997%20Sunday%20Aug%2012%202012%2018_32_57.jpg $Blade%201087x997%20Sunday%20Aug%2012%202012%2018_43_55.jpg $Blade%201087x997%20Sunday%20Aug%2012%202012%2018_25_21.jpg $Blade%201087x997%20Monday%20Aug%2013%202012%2001_59_07.jpg

28. Christiaan

Christiaan

Please do, im in very need of a shader like this.

29. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I will submit this if there is some more interest... the shader also doesn't work on tiling textures yet and there is no fallback for it... I will also make one with no normal mapping to give users more options...

30. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I would be interested if it was cheap enough.

31. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Well, I am thinking of selling these for $5... Just $5 for all of these goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also want to tackle metals, ceramics and cloth shaders such as velvet and leather...

And these are shaders being used in Project Champion. And to any moderator, could you copy my post and put in the Assets Forum... thank you :)

32. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Sounds good to me!

33. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

34. Acumen

Acumen

Uh, what initially felt like a clever idea takes ages with my tiny brain being the most annoying barricade.
    But I'm getting better :D

35. Duskling

Duskling

Nice work

36. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Love your style - it's simple, yet elegant.

37. Acumen

Acumen

uuh, thanks to you guys. elegant sounds like a ver cool attribute to these pieces. Hope I can make the following pieces in line with these !
    More buildings, roads, plants to follow :eek:

38. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Man, this right here is just awesome! Keep up the great work!

39. The-Spaniard

The-Spaniard

@ Acumen - nice work, lovely and clean. What's it for? :p (Also, is that rendered in Unity? How did you get the edges so smooth?)

Update on the sculpting - organic bits are done for now, have to add the mechanical aspects to this statue. I decided eyes were too hard and gave him glasses instead. I'd love for some feedback on the sculpt - I'm really inexperienced with this kind of modelling (this is only the 2nd character I've sculpted). Any tips from the modelling geniuses (genii?) that frequent here? Marcos, Janpec, Neptune?

40. jorisshh

jorisshh

Trying out new shaders for Helios I currently made a half albedo shader with rim lighting. It creates a soft light orange shade around the character which gives it a bit more depth. Any idea's that I could try to improve it?

(click the image for a larger version)

41. Mauri

Mauri

It's lovely, jorisshh :)
    Would it possible to release it in the near future? (Free/paid)

42. jorisshh

jorisshh

Infact it would, the whole system is running and works great! The combat animations and the controller system still need a bit of work but its very close to completion. Helios is fully functional already, you can do quests, craft items, cook items, gather things and fight monsters all in multiplayer.
    And yes I do plan on releasing a free version of Helios that might be slightly limited :D.

If you like you can find some more information on helios-online.net

43. astrofra

astrofra

@Jorisshh The whole render looks rather convincing!
    It comes with enough depth, shades and glossiness to properly catch the eyes :)
    The rim effect on the character's shader really emphasize its muscular assets.
    Good work!

44. astrofra

astrofra

Hi,

this is my first post here (almost), and my first real exploration of the Unity's workflow.
    I had this old scene of mine, on my hard drive, waiting to be used in some sort of tech demo...
    So I decided to import the FBX files into Unity Basic, and play with the lightmap baker :)

To my surprise, I was able to quickly arrange something decent to explore with the basic FPS script.
    Here's a screenshot :

And here's the standalone binary : astrofra.com/misc/Desert_house_unity_demo_build.rar

There are probably tons of things to tweak or improve ... Some of the materials render dark, I have to add some collision shapes on the buildings, and the texmap settings could be improved (can't figure out yet what's the adequate resolution for my textures).

I'll try to add some trees here there, maybe. And why not testing the terrain editor, as well?

Feel free to give me comments feedbacks :)

DBarlok likes this.
  45. Priske415

Priske415

Well he is far from flawless, but I learned a lot in the development process. Here is the character Ive been working on lately.

46. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

@Jorisshh The depth is incredible! How did you achieve this, asside from the shader? :D

47. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Finished my cannon.I exaggerated a bit with the scratches on the sides of the wheels :D

48. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

doing lots of tiny things lately

ingame :)

whouhuuu !

49. jorisshh

jorisshh

I used a custom rim shader on the main character which gives him a bit more depth but, for the world itself its because of the texture colors and contrast. Also I use the Unity's build-in color correction to add a bit more red. This is just a quick test I'll create a more complete map once all textures and models are done :)

50. ivanzu

ivanzu

Looks much better,you should balance the colors so the wood from the wheel is colored in the similar color of the body.