Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. mcunha98

mcunha98

2. tweedie

tweedie

Great textures! Loving the chrome buckle especially so :D

3. Acumen

Acumen

Something that we are cooking for the asset store :)

4. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Trying to learn how to use my tablet to it's full potential.

Let me know what I can do to improve! :)

And can everyone see the image (if not what browser)?

5. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

Learning some 3D pixel art right here for my game. I'm a coder so it's not that easy for me. This is a screenshot from my latest project:

Game is still in kinda early stage but you can see the style I want to achieve here. What do you think about it? What I can improve? Any comments or suggestions would be nice. If you want to see more content check out the link in my signature.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  6. CkSned

CkSned

Here's a piece of concept art from a game me and my friends will be working on pretty soon.

Edit: Or not because the image didnt show up. Weird. Heres a link - pic.twitter.com/7fKha0YOIw

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

More stuff:

Can anyone see these? If so, any criticism?

Attached Files:

8. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

$sidescroller-9.png
    It's a castle. I will neither confirm, nor deny, the existence of ponies, unicorns, or princesses.

EDIT: UnityTech, you've got a bug with attaching images using the attach tag...

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  9. dr-electro

dr-electro

10. tweedie

tweedie

@proandrius For some reason I love the style of that, and the gameplay seems to be coming along really well, especially as it's a 1 man team! :D

@Asvarduil Really liking that style as well! SO nice! :) Particularly fond of the health hearts

@dr.electro That's awesome, how many tris by the way? Liking the pose as well

I had a go at modelling and texturing a gun over this weekend, although the texturing is pretty shoddy, and that's an area I seriously need to work on, but I was reasonably happy with the final result
    Original concept art by the Ska King (http://the-ska-king.deviantart.com/) and the drawing can be found here: http://the-ska-king.deviantart.com/art/C-36C-Sub-Assault-Rifle-152742686?q=gallery:the-ska-king&qo=0

$0001.png

Turn Table Render:
    http://youtu.be/YtjkuSZ5cJY

Made in Blender, around 7000 tris I believe (can't check as I'm not with that PC at the moment), no normal map, as that went glitchy, and the render has no spec map, but next time I'll definitely try a more metallic, grey gun to add some scratches etc in the spec map :)

EDIT: In case you can't see the image, here's a link to it http://callumtweediewalker.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/0001.png?w=774

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  11. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Asvarduil, wow I love that. Very Zelda II like. This is turning out great.
    Dr. Electro, very nice models. I really like the texture on that green goblin.
    Tweedie thats a nice weapon model.

I created another one of my original characters. A very stylized character. I named him sleepy snowcone. You might see him again in a future game project of mine. I haven't used any AO map on this yet but I might later on to get some nice shadows but I like it the way it is so far.

Im working on a scene for a render with this character.

12. 0n35

0n35

I've always been more of a lurker, here is a piece of art for my project, the model should be done by Thursday. :)

13. dr-electro

dr-electro

@tweedy, snowconesolid: thanks! :D

here are the specs: oger 490 tris, troll 508 tris, both 256x256 texture
    cheers!

14. Korda

Korda

That is really good, I am looking forward to seeing how it translates to 3D

15. CkSned

CkSned

Two concept art ideas for a game ill be working on soon.

$Van Doosh idea.jpg

$Bear ideas n that like whatever.jpg

16. Dyprax

Dyprax

I like the bear :D He is lovely :D:D

Well another Concept work from us.
    It is the hero without equipment and weapon.

17. timon11

timon11

Here is my sci-fi barrel again, complete with normal, diffuse, spec and emitter maps:
    $Sci-fi barrel render 3.png

18. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

$sidescroller-10.png

It's still a work in progress, and I had to zoom out a bit.

EDIT: Attached from my personal website. Unity, please fix your attachment bug.

19. fringewalker

fringewalker

new to Unity - began creating content for a Military FPS project in blender 3 months ago pulled the pin because of illness now recovered some screens of my first effort a hi poly mesh where I had left off

$AO_Render_9_zps8069872d.png
    $AO_Render_8_zps78c09d38.png
    $AO_Render_7_zps3ab0fbb6.png
    $AO_Render_6_zps1fddeacb.png

20. TonyNowak

TonyNowak

21. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

22. Khyrid

Khyrid

The mountains all look too perfectly triangle and the trees all look the same. Make the mountains looks juts a little bit more natural and have some tree variety and it will look better I think. I like the square tiles, it reminds me of an old Nintendo game.

23. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Thanks Khyrid - that's actually pretty much what I'm going for!

24. augasur

augasur

Hi, what do you think about it?

P.S After creating it, I saw mirror's edge, which was quite unpleasant for me :/

Do you think EA can get me sued, if use this type of graphics and similar gameplay?

As always any comments, criticism would be appereciated

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  25. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I don't think you can trademark styles of graphics and gameplay. I think you should be fine.

Looks cool, can't wait to see more!

26. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Epic... I love the details on this...

27. mcunha98

mcunha98

Finished texture...

28. TehWut

TehWut

No

Some of the details look a bit blocky, like the pipes and the circle things. Buildings look pretty cool though.

29. nipoco

nipoco

This little guy will be included in my next asset package. 1566 tris.

$Character.gif

30. 0n35

0n35

Have to fix a couple things on the forehead and mouth, but I'd like some feedback.

31. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Very nice model Nipoco. I like the hair.

On35, I loved the original concept art and I think the 3d model is even cooler. Thats a great model. The thing I love the most is the textures. Those are hand painted right? Can I see the texture map? Also, are the overalls on the model just part of the texture or is their real geometry for that part?

32. 0n35

0n35

Yes there is actual geometry for where they pop out.

33. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Very nice On35.

Its been a couple days since I said I was working on that small "Welcome to the blog" project. I have been working on it. I changed a lot of things since I showed the original level design which looked very gloomy and not user friendly at all. I am making it very super mario like with nice toony shading. I removed a lot of the assests I had before and used the ones I kept to redesign the level.I am hoping to have it finished today. Here is a preview.

I really like how its looking.

34. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

What the? How are you getting so good so fast man?? O___O

35. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Apparently, when you touch up trees, it does a lot for a map...

$sidescroller-13.png

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  36. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

It's weird. I see the attachment the first time I come here, but then is disappears when I come back later...

37. tweedie

tweedie

That's looking soo nice now! Mountains and trees both look much better, I just love that style!

38. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Thanks! I still need to create sprites that preserve the pixel ratio (if you notice, the pixels on the 2x2 trees are twice as big as their smaller counterparts). But, at some point Im going to find a pixel artist to retouch everything anyhow.

Glad you like!

39. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Asvarduil is making a modern Zelda 2. :) Really nice progress on this man. Its looking great.

I finally finished my small welcome project for my blog. I am not going to put it up on my blog until I redesign it, but ill let you guys play it early. Plus I need some feedback. This is my shortest game ever, its about 2 - 5 mins long. But remember, this game is not a game that is meant to be played for long hours, or over and over again for the sake of playing, its just a nice little introduction game that introduces me and my blog. Its a welcome game, that I will put on the new "Welcome" page of my blog.

I redesigned it with the assets I decided to keep and took out the assets that I found didn't quite fit in with the level. Its very super mario inspired as you will see. Very friendly, as it should be. Also,I got a chance to use playmaker for the first time for this project and I learned playmaker and I gotta say I am very impressed with how rapidly I was able to put every thing together. I would probably still be doing some code today if I didn't. So I am very happy with my purchase and will definitely use playmaker in my future projects.

Also, once you reach the end of the level, it will take you to my blog.

This is just a very short and simple platformer. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

PLAY HERE

ScreenShots:

40. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Yes, yes I am. Only, I'm cutting off layers of fat and leaving behind the best experience I can possibly engineer. The original Zelda 2 had a number of design problems I'm trying to solve (upside for me? I learn the value of leaving out features, and avoiding scope-creep.)

Anyways, snowcone, your welcome project is looking good! I'll give it a spin tonight before I start my nightly development.

41. marcos

marcos

Here's a character I'm working on for an unannounced iPhone game:

This is just a first pass of the texturing so far, might be less saturated in the final. The feathers also bother me a bit, might make them wider so there is more coverage, or add extras in.

For the sake of variety here's a painting I did the other day:

Timelapse:

42. tweedie

tweedie

@Asvarduil No problem! I see, but hey its all in development! :D Good luck with the project!

43. virror

virror

marcos: Awesome painting as always! Saw who it was at first sight : )

44. janpec

janpec

Marcos get your lazy ass of paint brush and model this beauty already!

45. pk_Holzbaum

pk_Holzbaum

You're definitely getting better. Keep working on it.
    You might want to improve the controls of your game. It's not always easy to walk in the direction I want to, because the camera doesn't behave like I'd like it. I fell down about 3-4 times (couldn't jump on the clouds, camera was set at a bad angle) and I really wanted to quit the game. That's not what you want to achieve with a welcome project, I suppose ;)
    A game can be hard, but not because of the controls.

Also keep working on the animations. It's not the first priority but as you keep improving your modeling skills it would be a pitty if the animations weren't on the same level.;) And don't use the same animation for walking and running.

That's not meant to dicourage you. You're doing some great work. I'm a beginner myself and I'm really amazed to see how hard you're working to improve. Wish I was as motivated as you. :D

46. virror

virror

btw marcos, i could totally imagine one of your paintings on a canvas hanging on my wall ; )
    Would be a perfect fit.

47. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks Pk_Holzbaum.
    Your feedback means a lot to me. I definitely am not trying to make this a hard game in anyway, it should be as simple and easy as possible to complete the level because its just a welcome project. So Ill tweak it a little bit.

And I agree 100% with what you said about the animations. If my models look a lot better than what I use to make, they should also have much better animations. I am decent at animating, but creating stuff like realistic walk/ run cycles is a weak point for me. But Im thinking about maybe using mixamo's premaid animations for my character models in some of my future projects. I dont know yet though. But I do also want to work on improving that to.

@Marcos, awsome work! I also think the bird model is missing something around the feather area. think you should add more feathers to it on the wings actually. But other than that it looks great.

And as always, beautiful painting. I agree with what virror said, your paintings are the ones I would buy to hang on my wall to. :)

48. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Todays modeling practice.

Badass fighter type character.

One of my original characters which I made up on the fly.
    Still a wip, keeping it low poly.

49. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Cool...he based off of Snow Villiers?

50. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

haha wow they are similar! But no, I wasn't even thinking about that character. Its all coincidence.

Im texturing him right now and to me he is looking more like a mix of Raiden and Liquid from MGS

but more my style, same style I used for my sleepy snowcone model and my other character I used in my welcome project.
    Im almost done texturing, Ill post soon. Its a good thing I decided to not give him a beanie hat (which I was going to do, weird) or that would of looked even more like him lol.

Edit: question, do you guys prefer poly hair or clay styled hair? Iv used poly hair in some of my previous models but then started creating clay hair and liked it. It depends on the type of model I guess. If I was going for a more realistic approach I guess poly hair is more ideal.

Last edited: May 17, 2013