Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Billy4184

Billy4184

Trying out some nebula made procedurally in substance designer...
    Nebula2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Library
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/2PcXuat

After a month of effort, the first HOUKAI series art pack is finally available on the store.

HOUKAI (Japanese: ほうかい / Chinese: 方界) if translate directly, it means cube world. Everything can be combined and separated as easy as like LEGO to craft your own unique environment level for fast prototyping or final design.

All models are complete model, means hidden faces are remain there for in case that you need to rotate the props for variations. All models are fit in 1 meter tiling system. Texture atlases technique for specific group of objects is used for draw calls optimization. The average polygon per model are around 100 to 700 tris. Best for any top-down game genres such as tower defense, simulation, puzzle, role-playing, fantasy, strategy and so on.

More themes are coming soon.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    jasperbrooks79 and Tanaka_C like this.
  3. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Snow
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/2speWPW

This is the 2nd HOUKAI series, the cubic modular environment art. This time focus on snow theme, also for matching current season. There will be another Xmas theme as well which is coming very soon. Although these models might looks simple, but they are all actually contains high poly baked details.

4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Fire
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/2PfeCMV

(English)
    The 3rd pack of HOUKAI series environment art. This time playing with fire. I'm glad that I had learned some useful particles creation for the torch light effect while making this art pack. You can view the effect in my Twitter. This pack will cover volcano area as well in future. Tomorrow is the "main dish". So I will make a conclusion for all these 4 new HOUKAI series art packs, why and how I wanna create them, and a series of Q&A.:)

In additional, do you guys like this kind of art?

(Traditional Chinese)
    方界第三彈場景藝術包,這次是火屬性。我也很開心在本次製作過程中學到了實用的火把粒子特效,您可以到本人的推特查看。此場景之後也會包含火山地帶。明天真正的"主角"就要登場了,因此我會總結所有感言,為何我要製作這些場景包及如何製作等相關話題。:)

另外,你們喜歡這類藝術作品嗎?

5. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Xmas
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/34eY8sf

(English)
    This is the "main dish" that I'm talking about, the 4th HOUKAI cubic environment art series for Xmas theme. Today, I will conclude everything about these 4 art packs, as well as some words for my publisher journey.

Q. What does HOUKAI means?
    HOUKAI (Japanese: ほうかい / Chinese: 方界) if translate directly, it means Cube World. Everything looks like a cube or within cubical modular size. Something like Minecraft but in better quality and conceptualization.

Q. Why started HOUKAI series?
    Most artists love to make powerful art which is complex and realistic, I'm more tend to Nintendo style. I love unique art. It can be unique at its art style, or concept, especially customizable art, such as LEGO, everyone's creation are different although they are using the same package. I think this is quite interesting, plus I realized there's not much this kind of asset in the store now hence I started the creation although I know that the demand might be small.

Q. What is the concept of HOUKAI series?
    It's a cubical modular tiling environment asset which is easy to separate and combine for levels prototyping and also easy to get into the swing of it. All models might looks simple but actually they all contain high poly baked details with texture atlasing to reduce performance cost. Perfect for PC and modern mobile games development especially any top-down games such as tower defense, puzzle, strategy, simulation, role playing, dungeon crawler, and so on.

Q. How about these years as a publisher?
    With rapidly evolving technologies, the store also keep changing to its best. There are good and bad changes, but overall, I wanna thanks Unity that providing us this convenience platform. I'm always researching for unique art direction to play with. I made a lot of mistakes in my previous series, this also made my skill more solid. Pinterest is my friend when I'm running out of ideas. The most challenging part on my AS journey is cultural differences. I sleep, they wake up. I'm living in Asia region but most buyers and people here are from western. The mindset and growing background are different hence this is the thing that I need to spent time to learn about and I'm happy to do it.

Q. Why using two languages?
    You might realize most of my posts contain both Chinese and English version. I would say I'm lucky that growing up in a country that speak at least 4 languages. I know that Chinese and English are no connection between each others so it might be hard for native English speakers to learn Chinese as well as the opposite. Hence I'm using this opportunities to make a bridge between both side so they could understand and also try to learn new language at the same time if they want to. I do this also because I realize now more and more westerners would like to learn Chinese as well as the opposite. That's great, let's learn together then.

(Traditional Chinese)
    這就是所謂的"主角"啦,方界系列第四彈之聖誕村莊。今天我會總結關於這四個藝術包以及一些成為發行者後的感言。

問:何謂「方界系列」?
    方界(日文:ほうかい)若直接翻譯,即是方塊世界。任何物體都由方塊元素組成,又或者是可重複性的方塊組模。就如「我的世界」般,但更高品質一些及更細節的概念。

問:為何開始了「方界系列」?
    大部分藝術家都愛製作超細節、超真實的藝術作品,我個人較傾向於任天堂風格。我喜歡獨特的藝術,可以是藝術方向的,也可以是概念性的,可自訂製的,尤其是樂高,大家用的是同一個包卻製作出各種不一樣的藝術作品。我覺得蠻有趣,也發現目前商店內很少有這類的藝術,於是就開始製作,雖然我知道可能需求量並不高。

問:何謂「方界系列」的概念?
    這是一個易於分開與合併的模塊場景藝術,有助於關卡概念設計,也易於上手。模型看起來可能都很簡單,但其實全部都擁有高模烘焙的細節及貼圖集的運用以減少設備負擔,有利於製作電腦遊戲及現代手游,尤其是俯視角遊戲如:塔防、智益、戰略、模擬、角色扮演、地牢探索等。

問:可以分享這幾年當發行者的感想嗎?
    科技不斷進步,商店陸陸續續也做出了不少好的和不好的改變,但無論如何,還是要感謝U社提供這便利的平台。一路來我一直在尋找獨特的美術風格,也在之前的系列裡犯了不少錯誤,這也使到我的技術更高一層樓。當我沒有點子的時候,「繽趣」是我的好友。目前遇到最挑戰的問題是文化差異。我睡覺,他們起床。本人住在東方國家,但大部分的用戶及這裡的人都來自於西方國家。由於長大的環境不一,在思想及溝通上也會有所差異。因此需要時間去學習,也很開心能夠學習到不一樣的文化。

問:為何使用雙語言?
    您或許會發現我大部分的帖子都使用英文及中文來留言。我很榮幸的在一個至少說四個語言的多元種族國家長大,也知道中文與英文並沒有直接的關係,所以對於主語為英文的人來說會比較吃力學習,反之皆同。因此我用這個機會來製造一座橋梁以讓東西方的人都能互相了解並且若有興趣的話,同時嘗試學習新的語言。會這樣做也是因為我發現現在越來越多西方人正學習中文,反之也一樣,非常棒,那就不如一起來學習吧。

6. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Xmas (Object Closeup)
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/34eY8sf

(English)
    A little snowman here.
    He wish everyone from the west...
    A Merry Christmas.

And everyone from the east...
    A Happy Winter Solstice.

And people all over the world...
    A Happy New Year!

(Traditional Chinese)
    一個小雪人在此。
    他祝福來自西方的大家…
    聖誕快樂。

也祝福來自東方的大家…
    冬至快樂。

還有全世界的大家…
    新年快樂!

7. Steven-1

Steven-1

Working on a new environment for my game "Hijack" (working title), and trying out some lighting variations.
    It's a sort of shootemup-platformer hybrid, where you can hijack any and all enemy vehicles, and create a small fleet to blow up the enemy.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Oceanis HDRP Water system WIP

10. chassets

chassets

11. Steven-1

Steven-1

screenshot21.png screenshot22.png
    New screenshots from "Hijack" (working title), a shootemup/platformer with ship collecting I'm making in my spare time.

Attached Files:

12. jammer42777

jammer42777

Just a simple Stylized version of the corridor example, with URP

13. omzee

omzee

omzGaming
    Unity: FPS : Progress

I'm in early development of a FPS and I made a video showing the progress so far.
    The video displays the early development and game mechanics.

The background audio is post-build.
    All other audio is in-game audio.

Thanks for watching!

Below is a link to my video, which is on YouTube.

Music Credits:
    Trapt - These Walls
    P.O.D - Boom ​

unityunity