Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PatysTy

PatysTy

Great work, although I don't feel the pure white cockpit fits the aesthetic of the rest of the vehicle. Will the colour of the cockpit be modifiable as well?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have not colorized it yet..sorry,I will update the picture after updates today..it was pre-mature to post..but a true work in progress.

PatysTy likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

1st go at cockpit materials.... ;-)

jasperbrooks79 likes this.
  4. PatysTy

PatysTy

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

using the quixel suite, and I actually did add some yellow..see above, , cool reference shot, thanks!

6. Slaghton

Slaghton

I took my scythe and combined it with a Unity Chan character and an animation from Frank climax. Going to base my art style around the character and use Franks animation packs for combat. Commissioning concept art so I can start making my own clothing for my base male/female made with VRoidStudio.

Attached Files:

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great job!..I really like the amour & metal/gloss textures...impressive.and free? very generous.

jasperbrooks79 and Mister-D like this.
  8. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx , been thinking of uploading him to the asset store with setup cloth and ready to mecanim
    if theres interest

9. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Level creation based of real-life African village. No gameplay yet, just some level designing...

PatysTy likes this.
  10. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Little scene I am working on for my portfolio :)

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sopwith Scout "Pup" 1916:
    Original Model Deprecated on Asset Store.
    Re-Topo'd with maya

3 days to get this point.

1) Figure out what I wanted, and start from scratch.
    2) Create cockpit details, make lewis gun facsimile,
    3) Create new UV's, Rig....everything
    6) Create new Animations.
    4) Create new normal/AO maps in NDO.

Base Color and Paint key, ready for materials.

Topology and reference

the cockpit mesh and reference

Cockpit normal & AO

Engine normal & AO

next...on to flight.

whoops that's no drone..needs a pilot!

what does he look like?
    grizzled, 30-40 year old, always chewing on a cigar, but never lights it..
    needs a white silk scarf blowing in the breeze.
    next materials

and why I just never finished the game..bad textures, cockpits....

now, the same project(in old video), converted PBR to mobile spec.

The linear end, to the post, start to finish:

Flying In Unity: Android Shader model 2.0, one color masked shader, converted from the PBR..

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
  12. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

Current progess:
    Finished entrance and waterside pavilion. screen_1366x768_2019-02-23_20-50-00.png screen_1366x768_2019-02-28_19-11-51.png
    screen_1366x768_2019-02-28_19-12-25.png screen_1366x768_2019-02-28_19-13-53.png screen_1366x768_2019-02-28_19-17-17.png

13. PhantomProgramming

PhantomProgramming

Working on a medieval battle simulator and would love some feedback on my latest update. The update should be published by 9:00 PM EST, if you're interested in reviewing, here's a free download from gamejolt:
    https://gamejolt.com/games/BattleSimulatorBeta/391319

14. Slaghton

Slaghton

It was supposed to be a battle torn scene but I didn't feel like adding the battle damage and all that sooo i just grabbed a vibrant background and called it good :p. Graphics testing for a small anime inspired rpg.
    Holly_BG_Display.jpg

15. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Looks really cute, I like how it has a soft look.
    ---

My final version of the pack with CTI, will be submitted within a few days to the store.

jasperbrooks79, Not_Sure and Slaghton like this.
  16. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Creating wolfenstein inspired weapons for my game The Resistance based of Man in the High Castle

Could not find some on the Asset store so I made my own.

jasperbrooks79 and Slaghton like this.
  17. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

18. Slaghton

Slaghton

Dawn_Screen.jpg View attachment 392689 View attachment 392686 View attachment 392674
    Wip of doing art style experiments trying to work out what I want for my game. Think i'll take the toony look for the tree/bush leaves and give them some extra detail to match the house and other textures. Getting RTS for terrain and working on those textures should finish the look.

Tldr - Trying to do a stylized but semi-realistic look for my world. I want it to work with cel shaded characters to so that's why some older stuff is toonier.

P.s. will experiment with giving the house an organic touch without removing the realism.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  19. PhantomProgramming

PhantomProgramming

20. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

Almost finish!

21. Twistedwicked

Twistedwicked

Hey there,

I recently started working on a 2D project with my brother and felt like sharing some of the things I have created for it. We purchased some character armor kits from the Asset Store and I started to learn how to design my own using their templates as reference. I also figured since we lacked any magic spells I would learn how to make my very first 2D spells with animations for our project as well.

2D Character Equipment Sets - Melee
    CharacterSkinsMelee.png
    Here is a version of the character equipment I am working on in three different color skins. I have since shrunk the sword to feel more like a 1-handed weapon. It was originally designed to be used as a 2-handed weapon and made smaller even still. I also shrunk the shield from it's former size since it was hiding the skull attached to the waist / belt part of the character.

2D Character Equipment Sets - Caster
    CharacterSkinsCasters.png Here is a version of the equipment with a staff designed for a caster class in our game. I've designed the sets so they could be used as specialty skins, monster skins or even Halloween skins.

2D Spell Animations 1
    Spell_Effects_1.gif

These are my first attempts at making 2D animation. Since our game had no attacks for a caster class, I decided to learn how to make my very own 2D spell animations. My brother will script the fireball to launch towards enemies when cast. Still deciding what to use the lightning effect for. My friend suggested drawing a trap to go with it and place the spell inside. Making like a "Hunter Trap" effect. What are your opinions? Are these decent effects for a 2D game?

2D Spell Animations 2
    Spell_Effects_2.gif

Here is another version of the 2D lightning effect I designed. I made it flash in and out between layers to give it a different effect. I'm also testing different colors for the spell.

2D Environment Art

2D_Game_Assets.png

These are some more 2D assets I have been working on. The tree on the left had the branches and leaves for them both painted in separate layers so they can be selected individually for uploading for animation if needed done that way.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  22. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Durga, Hindu Goddess of War is nearly finished. Next up will be Kali.

screenshot531.jpg

23. iamvideep

iamvideep

Hello everyone,
    i just started with experimenting with some cinematic style lighting in Unity. As a developer, I rarely get time to try my hands on art side. But this time the challenge was interesting. I tried to extend a library which creates volumetric lighting to create "god-rays" or "light-shafts". As the results were quite fine looking after writing some code, I thought to get a scene and try it out there. Following is the result:
    Interior_fog2.jpg

I then started with lighting the scene and here is what I came to:
    Vapor_Unity_A.jpg
    Request you all to please take out some time and write in some crits if possible.

Thank you,
    videep

24. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

25. kdgalla

kdgalla

Yesterday I was doing some level kit-bashing. Sort of like rapid prototyping, except I'm more of a hobbyist, so for me it is rapid "Yeah, it's done!"

broken_bridge1.jpg broken_bridge2.jpg
    I'm building a world here for my little character from back when. I'm imagining a world of underground cities and caverns connected by a maze of tunnels (similar to D&D's Underdark setting). This is all that remains of an ancient bridge that used to span a vast underground river. I guess he'll have to find another way across. :)

Most of the assets come from these two packs:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/fantasy/top-down-caves-environment-125253
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/stylized-rocks-91686
    but obviously with a lot adjustments to the materials and such because I'm trying to create a certain "look" for my game here.

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

this looks great, I just have one major puzzle, what if she turned around? what, exactly is the connecting structure, of the arms to the spine?.how much does it protrude? I'm thinking octopus.
    me thinks, a little disconnected from the body....like ghost limbs, was my first impression.
    but that could be, because, it does not occur in nature, and I will never see entities like this as "photo realism".
    and , really cause your artwork is good, my brain expects a human shape norm....meaning, your getting close to uncanny valley. a serious compliment.

p-

jasperbrooks79 and BIGTIMEMASTER like this.
  27. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

That was part of the design I got hung up on for awhile. In the end, I decided to make them "ghastly floating arms," rather than actually connect them to her body. Seems more elegant that way. In the religion, the extra arms are more figurative than literal anyway.

So they should have some nice smoke or fire VFX at the ends of them, though sadly I couldn't find a decent looking solution for that, so I just didn't show them from the backside... not a great solution but better than having something stupid looking.

Though it's just portfolio piece, I imagine her as like a dark souls boss. Her extra arms would poof into appearance for a quick, cheap swipe at you. You'd have to face off against like six different weapons all at once.

oh, and thanks!

28. Twistedwicked

Twistedwicked

That's some pretty cool stuff there. I've always liked the unique art style myself outside of realism.

29. iamvideep

iamvideep

Here is yet another scene. Underwater animation video to show the volumetric lighting. This is in legacy pipeline.

30. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Laser cutter inspired by Dead Space Plasma Cutter mod for Fallout New Vegas

20190413_2208_Laser_Cutter_Version_1.jpg

31. iamvideep

iamvideep

Here are a few more videos of what I have been able to render by extending a volumetric lighting library in Unity. Legacy pipeline for now but will try to make it available for LWRP and HDRP as time permits.

Keeping it open-source. Give a heads up if you would like to hear more about it:

Slaghton likes this.
  32. iamvideep

iamvideep

33. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I'm doing some testing for art for my Doom clone. My goal is to have a pixel art style in the vein of Blood, Heretic, or Hexen.

Here's my first pass at a Grunt texture:

I started with a picture of a mask and edited it. I hope it won't cause legal issues... But then again, that's exactly what Id did for Doom's weapons.

jasperbrooks79 and RavenOfCode like this.
  34. Immu

Immu

Got full cinemachine for my latest trailer on my 9 years of work (still counting) on my Code Lyoko (old french tv series) fangame. Now using LWRP. In solo development, I do everything (music not included ^^)
    Minimal tweaks through adobe premiere.
    Most of the post process is made within unity and recorded as 8K jpg texture rendering (png export couldn't work as antialias or supersampling created weird transparent pictures)
    Youtube compression really kills some shots, very hard to get right (first shot of the trailer in that case, only 4K mode do it justice, 1080p looks 360p)

VFX I'm the most proud of can be seen at that point:

Still waiting to go through Unity 2019.1 once it's really out of beta to update LWRP, which makes the game crashes at random points for many users.

jasperbrooks79 and ClaudiaTheDev like this.
  35. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

Looks really cool!

Immu likes this.
  36. Techmologue

Techmologue

A bike:

Edit: ..and one more

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    jasperbrooks79 and Slaghton like this.
  37. Mister-D

Mister-D

38. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx, its not for a game just a single model ill upload to the store.
    took me 2 evenings to make.

39. Mister-D

Mister-D

manually unwrapped

40. Mister-D

Mister-D

test drive

jasperbrooks79, Billy4184 and petersx like this.
  41. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

@AkiraWong89 , I effing love that desert scene. So much fun, makes me feel happy.

I'm working on a "game in a month" project. It's a board game with figurines. Here's preview of characters I've finished in the first week.
    webImage.jpg

jasperbrooks79 and tylerguitar75 like this.
  42. nothingAD

nothingAD

43. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

A follow up to my project Ace WW1 Dogfighter...the Nemesis or Hero..Depending on player's choice. This one took a full week, it's just for mobile at (1) 2k texture map.(one for the glass)..all under 9k polys, fully animated and 3 LOD's.
    Patrick

flight test next...p

Update:..
    Here it is..in Unity: The Red Baron...Mobile!

now, both planes, and shaders, and LOD's., converted to mobile....with my AI..
    30 on 30

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2019
  45. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

More characters for the early Christian mytho's themed board game project.

Demons are afoot! All ye brave Christian men fetch yer steel!

46. kdgalla

kdgalla

Your graphics style looks really good, and it'll save you from tons of rigging and animating! ;)

47. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

@kdgalla , that was exactly the idea. No way I could rig a bunch of characters in a month.

48. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Wolfenstein inspired rifle WIP for our Man in High Castle game

49. jdancel

jdancel

Working on a game-ready enemy drone for the asset store, which was modeled in Blender and textured in Substance Painter. The plan is to animate it shooting a grenade out of its mouth and to add particle effects to the fire launchers on the bottom :)

unity_01.JPG

50. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

More heroic Christian warriors and foul, devilish defilers. A battle doth brew!
    95dcf39f7fc28a9e1137849e27863ef7.jpg t (1).png

jasperbrooks79, yehielc and Fine3D like this.