Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Imaginalex

Imaginalex

Not yet fully finished but character is around 23000 polys right now : (and there is still the full body of the character under the armor, will be more optimized later. the design comes from my character's drawing : (drawing is a bit old and not really representative of what i can do today xD , sorry ^^" )

I'm willing to make a video game one day of a comics story i've been working on for a while.

remontegardefull.jpg

25000.JPG

250002.JPG

The model is actually 23000 polys but it's not finished yet.

250003.JPG

250004.JPG

wm-VR, Daimnjegold, Billy4184 and 3 others like this.
  2. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Kill it with fire! Here´s our latest version of the Fire Skeleton variation shader =)

3. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there! We´ve made progress on the Fire Skeleton shader and VFX, here´s how it´s looking We´ve managed to include some inertia to the flames so it looks more interesting when the character is moving. We will add some secondary VFXs and start packing for AssetStore. Cheers!

4. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

I´ve managed to include GPU Instancing on the Flame effects, this means it´s literally possible having 100 of those Skeletons at stable 220FPS!!!, I´ve been testing on a i7 3.6GHz / GTX 960, you can expect even better performance on new computers.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    DotTeam likes this.
  5. Zeph7

Zeph7

Hey everyone, just wanted to post this here and see if I can get some feedback. Just to explain a bit further... I'm working on my portfolio and have decided to use Unity since it's what I know more of and I hate ue4's way it handles light mapping. I'm working on this desert environment piece which comes from my imagination for a world within a project I had in mind, if the game were to be made. I thought I would try and be creative more but this is a work in progress along with the pillars which are not final but the cliff pieces are finished.

Is there any feedback someone can provide to me at it's current state, perhaps any environment artist that may be lurking around. I've been working hard on this and want to make it look as good and somewhat realistic as possible. I will be showing this to one of my old professor whom has worked in the game industry for many years and I want to make a good impression. He has helped many get into the games industry and I want to show that I can make it. Another thing is some of my textures appear blurry most of the time. I'm not sure if this is due to the texture import settings which I've done every possible change I could in the import settings. The only thing that sort of helped was making the resolution 4096. I also made the textures in substance painter and used the 4x4 anti aliasing option which I think might be why they are still appear a bit blurry. Also if anyone can point out any way I can improve the lighting and atmosphere? perhaps there are some good addons I can apply to get better render results. I do have the post processing stack and it's being used currently but I figured there would be more I can do. Seeing the recent unity projects they've shown really impressed me and I feel like I may have to get to a quality which seems more like a team effort. Please if anyone can give me their feedback I would be most appreciated and will work hard to make this look as good as I can.

Attached Files:

6. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

GPU instancing is awesome! I have 500 Dross Enemies on iPad Air2!

https://media.indiedb.com/images/games/1/36/35877/Sudden_Death.1.gif
    It is a GIF so its moving! Heres it static with more!

When you Zoom in tho, This is what they are

500 of them! Super impressed with GPU instancing!

Heres my site: www.TeamDerelict.com

goblinworkshop and Not_Sure like this.
  7. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

polycount is the best place for feedback on art.

8. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Modular medieval characters in development for a Unity game. Been learning and messing around with Unity lighting and post process, and I'm pretty happy with the quality I've been able to achieve so far.

mob1.jpg mob2.jpg mob5.jpg

goblinworkshop and Not_Sure like this.
  9. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Little scene I'm making :)

twitchfactor and Mister-D like this.
  10. redpanda

redpanda

I released my pack, it's available now:

11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Attached Files:

12. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

So this is how the mesh turned out, it could actually be used as a splat or even terrain texture.

Early material test

In Unity

More renders

Kona likes this.
  13. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

:eek:

Nice work!

I would love to see the script you have to move them.

I'm working on a Doom clone and would like to have up to 500 enemies on the screen.

Right now I'm capping off at 100 enemies before physics starts chewing my CPU apart.

It seriously goes:
    100 enemies - 70 FPS
    110 enemies - 30 FPS
    120 enemies - Slide Show

And my profiler is a big fat orange bar.

14. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Ok now it's a mesh!!

Close Ups:

On another note I think I found a way to have wind for my trees.

15. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Made some simple rocks that I covered with fast moss for my other ground meshes, will be mesh parts to include in the pack.

I also removed the grass from some of the modular rock and cliff models so there will be a version without grass to and tomorrow I'll attempt to import my first "Custom Tree Importer" that works with wind.

wm-VR likes this.
  16. botumys

botumys

A scenery made during my free time. landscapeUnity2.jpg

17. Blacklight

Blacklight

I remember being impressed by your landscapes years ago. This one looks beautiful.

18. botumys

botumys

Thank you Blacklight!

19. botumys

botumys

20. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

This was fab!! Did you use SEGI on this?

I remade the tree stump texture into something more HQ. Having that improvised texture from when I rushed to upload the pack was really bothering me.

21. Daimnjegold

Daimnjegold

Reminds me of Guts from Berserk manga. Especially sword and helmet.

Tried pixelart for the first time and messed with Bosco Ceoil.
    https://instaud.io/2v2P

Attached Files:

22. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yeah I agree on that one!

Nice pixel arts!
    ----

Started making the new trees now. Made a slightly different bending of the trunk also, using particles I am able to randomize my branches. I think I might make fall and winter variations. Now all I have to do is make a few more different trees of the same type by remaking new trunks and spreading random particles.

23. Enixoid_v2

Enixoid_v2

Just trying to make comic stylized graphics.

123wqd.jpg e5rh6j.jpg ewtgfyhe.jpg

Not_Sure likes this.
  24. botumys

botumys

Thanks! No, build in lighting.

25. Billy4184

Billy4184

Very cool.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  26. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Finally started to make my base texture for the beech tree. I got the scratches and some molds down, I'll make more variations for more trunk age and tearing.

~Model in wip~

Snow here I'm playing with more SEGI. I'm actually glad I changed to the standard shader, it doesn't look bad!

27. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Ok, I realized I can use the texture from the detail mesh as terrain tile. Makes for a good muddy material, some puddles would be nice now.

twitchfactor, Not_Sure and Lex4art like this.
  28. kristiangrundstrom

kristiangrundstrom

Working on the sequel to my adaptive music pack: Hero Fantasy Pack Vol 1.

Hero Fantasy Pack Vol 2 uses the same concept as the first pack in its essence. All themes are in the cinematic heroic fantasy vibe and consist of 2-4 sections where each section is splitted into further 2-4 parts. Each part differs in dynamics so you easily can make transitions from softer scenes to more tense scenes or battles. This makes the scene transitions easier utilizing middleware like FMOD/Wwise/ELIAS since all wav files have natural decay at the end so no weird audio glitches. Just set the correct BPM and drag n drop into FMOD for instance (BPM and time signatures is documented in the description PDF.) If you're not using middleware all the parts come is seamless loops as well of course.

There are also stingers/hits for each theme so if you want to end a part with different type of hits or make a transition between different parts or scenes you can try some of them out. They are all adjusted to the BPM and time signature as well for drag n drop in the middleware of choice.

Here's a short preview of one of the themes from Hero Fantasy Pack Vol 2:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    DotTeam likes this.
  29. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Bit of work I done did, anybody recognize the little picture in the corner ?

Mister-D and kristiangrundstrom like this.
  30. NoMoreFeelings

NoMoreFeelings

My latest personal artwork. Please take a look. Hope you like it ;)

31. Mister-D

Mister-D

love this, would love to see more;)
    im trying to remake the trainlevel. but i didnt get any further than the weapons only.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  32. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Modular medieval characters are close to finished... hair and beards are in the works.
    screenshot029.png screenshot031.png

Lex4art and kristiangrundstrom like this.
  33. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Trying some new approtach with unity, to create special effects for maybe music video in future

34. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Thanks, I will post more when I got more.. this is just a side thing :)

Mister-D likes this.
  35. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Beech Tree Leaves

Leaf with tree variations for my beech tree model.
    Modeled in blender and texture with substance designer.
    I have to admit I got a bit lazy on the cells and just inexcusably tiled them with a 256px texture but at that small size, no one will be able to tell! All I need is a leaf generator in substance and I can spread them all around my environment and add them to the tree of course. I might update them with more edge cutout.

RHE_Leaves01.jpg

Attached Files:

kristiangrundstrom likes this.
  36. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

37. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Just playing around with some environments. Used the speed tree modeler software to make a handful of trees -- funnest program ever. I'm addicted to making trees.

Grass is fantastic unity asset store purchase : photographic grass, IIRC.

ac811ee038509d6ded127809a5731f84-jpg.jpg 0b7ff2df40778cc5ede94d108929f339-jpg.jpg

38. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Used a generic human model as a scale reference. so far I got an ok scale.

Attached Files:

39. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I pushed unity real-time rendering to the limit with this simple hack I made, more like a trick for myself tbh...
    I like the way SEGI treats emission and GI as real lighting and not some washed out lightmap, it helps give some definition to the normals where you have shadows but what it was missing was contact-shadows. I couldn't buy a AAA pack from the store so I come up with my own free solution by overlaying ambient occlusion effects on top of each other until I got soft shadows/AO. The effect isn't too accurate but it's better than nothing. (SEGI + post processing + my contact shadow hack)

Gi boost

Sharp

Lex4art, Billy4184 and petersx like this.
  40. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Here are my new renders with the new workflow!

Comparison images of unity forward rendering with GI and PP off and my GI on.

Not_Sure likes this.
  41. petersx

petersx

Hi, nice work!
    Does SEGI work under 2018.2 HDRP ?

42. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

No, it doesn't, at least the version I'm using it's only made for version 5 : (
    I'm still trying to grasp the HD rendering myself right now but I'm waiting for unity to develop it more. If you want graphical improvements I suggest looking in the asset store but if you want to do it free you have to find workarounds. My hack is mostly good for image rendering but I can use it for real-time if I tone down on the quality, which is something I'm gonna do if I make videos. What I did it rather silly and not good for real-time video games but rather to get a better look.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    petersx likes this.
  43. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Gotta apologize for today's spam~!

I made my first substance material!

----

Made a crate texture using the new substance.

Lex4art likes this.
  44. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Small update, if anybody is interesed.. I am looking for a programmer with expericence with fps games. I really want this Soldier of Fortune remake thing to be something.

Kona and Mister-D like this.
  45. Mister-D

Mister-D

im willing to contribute
    ive allready made 5 weapons for my attempt at recreating the train level

Not_Sure and florianalexandru05 like this.
  46. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Very nice work! :eek:

Mister-D likes this.
  47. Jonathan-Watkins

Jonathan-Watkins

"Enchanted Forest" Vol. 1
    EnchantedForest.jpeg

Working on a collection of interactive short films exploring the beauty of a forest.

Endless Code

Not_Sure, botumys and BIGTIMEMASTER like this.
  48. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Having some fun with the Unity HDSRP... took a part of the weekend to update the visuals of my characters, starting with Subsurface Scattering... something I've wanted for so long to be natively supported in engine. Using the Amplify Shader Editor, I can now create unimaginable levels of detail on my character's skin.

Still a work in progress as I want to add microbump, subdermis, and peacefuzz... SSS Render 2.png SSS Render 1.png

49. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Continued environment work for our game.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.02 - 15.31.12.90.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.02 - 15.29.18.57.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.02 - 15.24.36.46.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.02 - 15.12.53.65.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.02 - 15.06.04.81.png

botumys and KRGraphics like this.
  50. Jonathan-Watkins

Jonathan-Watkins

Messing around with the post-processing stack and some water shader today. Might turn this into a short film or game idk

peering Final.png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018