Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

a hand
    free download on sketchfab!

Slaghton and nipoco like this.
  2. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Here's a video showing off the menu in Nonsense At Nightfall, including pixel perfect scaling (in both fullscreen and windowed mode) and palette selection! :)

Martin_H, HolBol, Thunderent and 2 others like this.
  3. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Edmario_, Peter77, Slaghton and 5 others like this.
  4. Mister-D

Mister-D

that last material s very nice.

ive tried to make something different than useual :
    wesley.png

"mommy says im pretty"

5. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

That's a face only a mother could love.

...But, it's some great art! Good job on it.

Mister-D likes this.
  6. Mister-D

Mister-D

sketchfab uploaded

kenlem and florianalexandru05 like this.
  7. propeller

propeller

Here's our new loading screen.... now imagine some flying dust particles and moving clouds ;)

8. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Really good actually, I couldn't stop looking at it lol!

One more this time ground tile with 2 variations.

Follow me on Artstation! : https://www.artstation.com/tobyfredson

9. 101craft

101craft

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Made this sort of Carrot thingy. :)

Animations.gif

11. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Made some simple Swedish cottages. :)
    upload_2018-1-28_19-0-55.png

Kona likes this.
  12. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

A weapon for my personal game project, but this will also be available on the asset store soon. I cannot over-state how excited I am to finally sell something I have created.

Package will include two versions of the weapon, a 10k triangle version and a 4k triangle version. Optimized for third person games, although I am putting enough detail on the sights to make ADS viable for a first person game.

Textures will include 4k, 2k, 1k, and 512 PBS textures maps.

Additionally, the higher res version will be rigged for charging handle operation, magazine removing, selector lever rotation, buttstock telescoping, and rear sight post rotation.

Note -- these images are of work in progress, final model will be different.
    7e46c1ac1bcb7ebf09be58892446c087.png 09f8bb388a72c3a2644025c5f3571cdb.png

Fer00m and Kona like this.
  13. 101craft

101craft

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  14. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Mauri, petersx, rubble1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

@florianalexandru05 your materials are always a pleasure too look at, the whole page actually :p.Great work!

On a side-note.Here's what I am working on.Bar scene for my upcoming game.(sorry for the over-use of image effects, I like eye candy too much).

16. HolBol

HolBol

Haven't done anything in a while after The Great Crash (TM) but here we go.

wisps.jpg

17. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Screenshot_24.jpg Screenshot_26.jpg Screenshot_28.jpg
    Looks good man!

Slaghton and Blacklight like this.
  18. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Finding some good lighting for my scene...

Screenshot_30.jpg Screenshot_31.jpg

19. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

20. Billy4184

Billy4184

21. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

That grass looks really nice, almost like there is SSAO. Is there?

My current project -- just got map baking done and here's game model waiting to be textured. This is a milestone model for me, because this is the first model I've gotten a perfect, zero flaw normal and AO bake. The secret? Marmoset Toolbag 3. Hands down the easiest, fastest, absolutely zero-frustration baking application, bar none. Until now, I've dreaded baking as it has always been exceedingly frustrating for me, and always kept my game models from looking as good as the sculpt. Not anymore! Got this entire guy UV'd and baked in one (long) day.

If you're baking character maps, get Toolbag 3.
    GameResTextureBegin.jpg

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  22. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

There is some SSAO in the post processing but not alot, the trick to the grass is that i added a subtle gradient to the texture.The grass is just regular Unity terrain grass. Same for the leaves on the trees, I'm only using regular unity cutout shader... the shaders are as raw and simple as they are so adding a bit of shading in a non destructive way is the best way to do this. Of Course I included the pure albedo as well in there.

Anyway my pack was just approved today and it's on the store now!
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/111436

23. honikun

honikun

BirthdaySylvain.PNG
    I have made this little scene for my uncle's birthday, he is envolved with game development too so i really had fun making this, it's simple but everything was made by me, the models, the textures(Some Painted, Some i took from the internet and used Krita to adjust it), the scene of course XD. I will try to improve later, my goal is to make everything handpainted.

Here two more shots:
    BirthdaySylvain2.PNG BirthdaySylvain3.PNG

24. Fer00m

Fer00m

Working on my asset pack with the help of photogrammetry and the fantastic Custom Tree Importer by larsbertram1

Still a long way to go, but let me know what you think!

25. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

The birch looks really nice, in particular.

If you can work in a handful of deadfall trees, as well as deformed/bent over/anything but normal, upright, living trees, you've got on copy sold almost guaranteed.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Animation for my next character release, "Beholder".

On small issue needs to be fixed before we can finish it. You can't really see it, but in one of the attacks, one tentacle gets twisted funky.

27. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Finished the "vanilla" version of hero character for a project I got involved with from -- believe it or not -- Unity Connect. (link to project on artstation)

Making the base version of this character was a lot of fun and I learned alot to carry into future projects, but what's really exciting is all the fantastic ornamentation's he's going to get later on.

screenshot009.png
    screenshot017.png

florianalexandru05 and Martin_H like this.
  28. brunofortuna10

brunofortuna10

developing my first game , if there is any help or a criticism would help for me to improve my scenarios

Attached Files:

29. id0

id0

Trying HD pipeline: convert my characters: materials, skin shader, set light, etc... Looks much better indeed screen.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Billy4184 and Slaghton like this.
  30. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I finally got off my behind and have decided I'll go back to my roots - a space game!

Astrum Gladio 01.png

This is an early form of the Coalition of Systems' Halberdier space superiority fighter. Like most Coalition ships, it's some of the most advanced technology in the galaxy. It's equipped with regenerative deflector shields, and Coalition positron cannons. Halberdiers have limited payload capacity, that is most often used to mount a sensor system suitable for the Coalition's science missions, but they can be equipped with Helium-plasma torpedos if firepower is needed. The Halberdier has great sublight propulsion, but relies upon Slipstream stations to perform FTL jumps.

The Valron Empire has a healthy respect for these small ships, and considers taking even one down to be a most honorable kill. Thus, Valron warriors tend to attack any of these ships on sight.

An enterprising Spacer can get one of these by achieving Private, 1st Class rank with the Coalition of Systems.

31. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Very nice dude, I'll buy that custom tree importer myself soon also! Impressive looking terrain!

I have yet to take screenshots of all the new modular parts but I added more object details...
    The metal bars are just a cut out with alpha!

------

If anyone is interested I put the level one of my old dungeon test level for sale on the sketchfab store for only 15$! No modular parts in it but you get a large part of the textures from the pck.

32. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Been working a bit on the Coalition Halberdier.

Astrum Gladio 02.png

I've added some detail on the nose of the craft as well as the wings. The heavier part with the glowy bits on the wings are the craft's shield generator emitters, while the dark part on the top of the craft is part of the sublight engine structure. I'm torn on what I should do with the two weapon mounts below the wings (the glowy bits) - I want to avoid mounting a model there, as I'd rather that be influenced by what weapons players equip to their ship.

33. Slaghton

Slaghton

Swords2.png
    Playing with different art styles/textures on a quick sword I made. (Worn toon still looks like stone to me. Some textures probably don't translate to well from standard shading to toon)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  34. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I feel like I'm finally happy with the Coalition Halberdier.

Astrum Gladio 03.png

I cut out the weapons ports and greatly simplified the geometry (this is supposed to be a low-level starship, so it doesn't need complexity.) The wings will host weapon mounting points. Also, the ship looks less ugly.

Slaghton likes this.
  35. Serinx

Serinx

Making a low poly style game, here's the first building (farmhouse).

Also my first ever building!

36. RobotManufacture

RobotManufacture

This is just like telling "don't ask feedback for small work in this forum".

Sorry, but there are so many posts that don't get feedback.

May be a dedicated forum/ section for small works will give better result for the poster. Just a suggestion.

Thank you..

37. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I like the slight bulge inward. It kind of reminds me of the style used in World of Warcraft.

Serinx likes this.
  38. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Serinx likes this.
  39. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

New day, new starship!

Astrum Gladio 04.png

This is the easiest sword-ship of the Valron Empire to get, the Valron Gladius. Unlike their feeble counterparts in the Coalition of Systems, the Valron Empire is a mighty collection of conquerers and conquered who have battled for centuries. The Gladius - the workhorse of the Empire - is an example of the Empire's virtues. It features two forward-mounted plasma cannons, and has moderate shields - it relies on its speed and deftness to avoid even being hit. It has no FTL drive, relying upon Scuta cruisers or jump-gate-enabled Castrum installations in order to be deployed where the Empire needs its best pilots.

The Valron Gladius can by reaching the rank of Laquearius in the Valron Military.

Bonus!
    Ever wondered what the Coalition Halberdier looks like with lights in the scene?

Astrum Gladio 05.png

40. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Re-rendered a test with my new updated assets, the scene already looks alot better!

DEP_SC-34b.jpg

DEP_SC-53.jpg

41. simonlvschal

simonlvschal

i am currently trying to create a crafting UI. and i could use some feedback on the very rough layout of the current design

42. Slaghton

Slaghton

Obsidian_Armor_Mat.png
    Some armor i'm working on finalizing. Probably go with the darker hue of purple on the left. The leather material on the arms/legs is a placeholder atm.

43. joshcamas

joshcamas

Testing out my screen space snow shader :)

44. LightingBox2

LightingBox2

45. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Fluffy moss material. Seen here in UE4 among scanned assets. I've only made the moss and one of the pine tree saplings, the rest in purchased.

I'm hoping I can render this material in Unity as well without much trouble. The technique is the same used in Shadow of the Colossus for the Colossi fur, but with a ditherTemporalAA node to help blend things a little more.
    HighresScreenshot00010.jpg

46. petersx

petersx

Unity 2018.1 standard shader with subsurface scattering

47. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

Whatcha think?

Made in blender. First serious attempt at a realistic model. ^_^

Attached Files:

48. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

It's been quite a while but I'm determined to finally complete this game I've been reworking for ages :)

Title 2.gif

49. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

@Braineeee

The warthog. Cool! I heard some of these doing practice runs around Bagram, and that cannon sounds like god ripping a thunderous fart. Really a unique sound...

Looks like you got the important stuff down (proportions, shapes, etc), but there is some technical things you can do to clean things up a bit.

Not sure what you call it in blender, but you shoulder have some parameter to smooth the edges out so we don't see the edgeloops. In Maya this is called "soften edges" and in max it's called "smoothing groups."

Aside from that, consider getting some shots of the wireframe, and then head over to polycount forum to find more professional artist who can give more detailed tips. I suspect you have a lot of wasted geometry, but that's an easy enough thing to fix.

Keep it up!

TenKHoursDev likes this.
  50. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

Ok hey I guess I will post a wireframe here too.

I've begun unwrapping the model too. Its turning out much more nicely than every model I've done before!! I didn't realize that one should do the unwrapping in pieces instead of all at once (Blender3d: U -> SmartUnwrap, w/o adding any seams).

It seems the cube projection and smart projection works best...

Anyways. Here's the wireframe.

The UVW wrapping is in-progress so its not perfect.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018