Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. plasmabazooka

plasmabazooka

Would like to share my WIP of character for some cartoon-like shooter game.
    Please tell is it any good? :)

CartoonMan2Preview-5-1.jpg
    CartoonMan2Preview-5-2.jpg

2. KC1302

KC1302

corrected.png
    Appreciate it. Concept in zbrush. Retopology in topogun. Refining in max. Been working on it since October but not everyday. On and off, taking break from time to time. Now doing a retopo for the game-model in topogun, because I had smoothing-shading problems. But I guess that is fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Some new work for my game.

Camera:

Acoustic guitar:

4. CptAhab

CptAhab

My latest character project. Created the bust last week for fun and working on the full body now. Will be uploading assets next week - I'm new to Unity, so it might take some time to figure out...

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 - Gradual dynamic moss growth for seasonal effects.

The moss texture is applied procedurally to the bark and wall and can be adjusted per season or be removed completely in play mode. Also there are direction controls (shown in the video near the end).

A lot more nature detailing work is also in progress, with vertex color blending to the ground, wetness on grass using Sky Master shader and various other details for more variety.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    CptAhab likes this.
  6. Tokam

Tokam

Just some small stuff I've been working on for my personal side project.

7. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

I've made this alien for the asset store, you can check it in Sketchfab

8. twobob

twobob

nasos_333 likes this.
  9. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

Here's the three enemy types for my current project (Spamocalypse: Aftermath). All three were modelled in Blender, and all are somewhat spam-themed (the game involves replacing zombies with spammers).

They are:
    • A spambot (left). Giant robots that are supposed to trundle around broadcasting spam and launching tins of the stuff during an invasion.
    • A regular spammer. It's currently sneezing or vomiting spam in the direction of the camera, or will once I get that done. This is the first humanoid I've animated, so I need a lot more practice.
    • A spammerised Moderator (right). Not at all based on the Hammer Haunts from Thief.

Spambot.png Spammer1 Attacking.jpg Moderator Attacking.png

10. Rafael-Barbosa

Rafael-Barbosa

It's been quite a while since I've last uploaded here, have been distant from 3D modeling and decided to become a concept artist due to fear of not being able to 3D model well enougth, the thing is, I've recently had to go back to 3D modeling because of a collage project and to be honest, this is becoming so fun! My biggest fear used to be UV Mapping, and now I've finally understood that there ain't no magic Perfect-Auto-Unwrap button. This is a current very early WIP of a character for our game, she still has to be finished, unwrapped , textured and possibly re-topologized.

Attached Files:

• WIP.png
      WIP.png
      File size:
      120.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Mister-D

Mister-D

samurai concept
    concept1.jpg

12. twobob

twobob

very nice, perhaps consider splitting that single breast plate into a more tiled look. which may aide skinning?

Couldn't think of anything else to say :) very nice.

13. Mister-D

Mister-D

good suggestion! nothing is final yet i will probably add some more changes when i model the guy;)

14. KC1302

KC1302

work in progress. Texture is experimental at this stage. Alloy 3 shader

superme2012, redpanda, Tim-C and 4 others like this.
  15. Billy4184

Billy4184

Great model but I think it really needs a place for the eye to be drawn to, the detail is too similar and uniform. It would look great to have something different/more detailed on the belly and the face, so that what you have now looks like armor that protects the skeletal machinery.

KC1302 likes this.
  16. Kona

Kona

Nice work! Although I agree with Billy4184, something that breaks away from the pattern in the texture would help alot. What about adding some fancy lamps on their bodies by the way? Just an idea. Lamps, small displays and such things usually look cool on robots, atleast if you ask me. ;)

KC1302 likes this.
  17. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

My made a low poly flashlight model for my first 'realistic' texture. More of a test, but I'm really happy with the way it came out.

(also, first time using Sketchfab so if something is wrong sorry!)

x20X-Studios834 likes this.
  18. KC1302

KC1302

@ billy and Kona.
    Spot on! Appreciate the feedback. The cloudiness, noise of the camo substance is generating a very uniform color scheme. I am coloring all the individual parts to add some contrast to the basetexture. Updating soon.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Epic scenery using Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

Part of the mood is set by the volumetric gradient based fog. The videos show the WIP for a new system for v3.1 that will modulate the volumetric fog with wind for a rolling fog effect.

20. Rombie

Rombie

Nice concept. Just from the primary colors and patterns it reminds me of a mummy samurai. Looks great; hope you sculpt this one out.

21. Mister-D

Mister-D

i allready made one ;) its not really true to the concept but i like him

Attached Files:

Will-Morillas likes this.
  22. Rombie

Rombie

It's different than the concept but still a great looking character. You should make a few more samurai types; You have quite the talent.

Mister-D likes this.
  23. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Doing more characters for the store

big_precise.jpg
    Image02Variation.jpg

KC1302 likes this.
  24. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'd just like some professional feedback on this model, its something I threw together but it came out really nicely. Its a gun turret, without textures right now because I don't know how to make them! The base of the turret is something I had trouble creating as well as visualizing, so it might get reworked at some later point.

ShipGun2Render06.png ShipGun2Render05.png

26. Martin_H

Martin_H

The shapes look really nice, but structurally not very practical. Check this out:

It's one of the best concept art lectures I've seen, very interesting imho.
    Apart from that I think you should use smoothing groups or smooth shading with edgesplit or autosmooth with angle cutoff to preserve some hard edges but make others look round. If you use blender, look at the second or third option.
    Good job so far!

KC1302 likes this.
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Martin_H Mind == BLOWN

That video is incredible and I have to agree with everything that guy says!

I knew that the model wasn't realistic, it lacks reloading mechanisms, rotator motors, left over canister ejection ports, etc. and a bunch of other things I probably haven't thought of but TBH I found myself wanting to just finish it.

I'll do my best to improve on it. TBH I like interesting geometry, which is the primary driving factor behind my designs.

I haven't added any smoothing to it yet because I wanted to unwrap it first. Perhaps that's backwards... also I'm not sure what needs to be smoothed or how it would affect the piece.

EDIT: Wow. I've never been good at abstract concepts and I just got to after the Contact demo in that video. In fact I've tried something like that metaphorical stuff because but I've honestly never been able to come up with a decent design using that kind of thought process. I've tried but it never got finished...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  28. KC1302

KC1302

To close off the year 2015.

Started working on a new design for 2016.

newdesign.PNG

happy new year bro's :)

AlexZimich and Billy4184 like this.
  29. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Happy new years :)
    Currently working on a halo type 51 carbine (with some small artistic tweaks on my end) for a halo fan game being made in unity.
    Got some highpoly and block out in the images :p in a viewport render.

Made in blender.

30. Jim_West

Jim_West

OffMeshLinks finally working (autojump ai)

Tim-C likes this.
  31. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

That's my friend's favorite gun in the Halo series, keep us updated because I would like to show him it!

32. Woolooh

Woolooh

Screen of a new webgl and mobile game i'm working ! turning cartoon

shot1.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  33. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Small update

34. redpanda

redpanda

Making some progress on the jungle.

NomadKing, Billy4184, Tim-C and 4 others like this.
  35. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

NEW stuff! not sure where its going tho

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Philip-Rowlands and Deleted User like this.
  36. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Update

Wishing i had mudbox!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  37. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

@Lachadonan, your first image there reminded me a bit of Indiana Jones. Maybe you should leave the hat on?

38. marcos

marcos

Pitchipoy rig was giving me grief, but finally got this bloke into Unity without any issues.

CrisisSystem, Billy4184 and Tiny-Man like this.
  39. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

I was trying to go a different route. Less like indiana jones

EDIT:
    OH sorry, thank you for the feedback too! Much appreciated

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Philip-Rowlands likes this.
  40. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Spent the day rigging and animating.

41. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Character model looks a bit messy to me but great work.

42. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Quick sneak peak render of the carbine. Hopefully I can get the low poly done soon and placed into unity

Martin_H likes this.
  43. Rombie

Rombie

Reminds me of a young version of Max Payne.

I do agree with the other poster about how it does have a "sloppy like" appearance to it. I would either add some more poly detail or possible just texture rework. Other than that it's looking good.

44. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

I would love to texture it but sadly i dont have mudbox and id rather wait to get it than struggle working with photoshop.

I think the mesh is solid. but the Paint weights thing is distorting it as it animates. That has to be it, im pretty careful usually with how the polys are put out.

Well, anyways im working on the dude's animations

CrisisSystem and Billy4184 like this.
  45. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

46. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Made a character model for my uNet multiplayer game I'm making, and made this little scene with 2 other guys.

(guns are from an older project I was devloping)

LeftyRighty likes this.
  47. HolBol

HolBol

I've been working on a more rugged, aged spaceship. But now I've got to texture and have no hi-poly to bake from (and I'm really not that good at hi poly modelling nor baking from hi poly). It's now a choice whether to go for that more realistic style or toon it up a bit and paint the texture by hand.

Deleted User and Billy4184 like this.
  48. TibiTibith

TibiTibith

Hi guys! First poster here! :D
    Working on expanding my first submission to the asset store. http://u3d.as/mf2
    Should I animate them and / or add another 2 animals to the pack?
    Screenshot 2016-01-05 20.04.29.png

Fishman92 - Nice shape and overall profile on the ship. Personally I would go for baked highpoly normal. I like seeing very detailed mechanical stuff that keeps the overall shape of the object.

49. HolBol

HolBol

Thanks. My issue is actually building the hi poly itself. It's mostly a confidence thing- I have previously tried to make a high poly version but gave up on it because of repeated attempts to do detail the front of the ship. I should have really started with the high-poly version, but my skills in that regard are lacking. It'd be great if I could build the details on top of this, and then bake, rather than have to have the details underneath because of the way baking works.

50. TibiTibith

TibiTibith

Well, then you could try adding some greeble stuff on top and just play around with the shapes. As I said before, the overall shape is pretty nice and it's a good base for adding detail here and there, imho (I really dig the port to the left side, or I think it's a port).