Search Unity

[WIP] [Sci-Fi] Reactive Inertia

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Norrtec, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Norrtec

Norrtec

Reactive Inertia is a space combat game that I've been developing on and off for a few weeks now. While I've been developing games for several years now, this is only my third project with Unity. While the gameplay is limited to combat at the moment, there will be an inventory system in the future, along with multiplayer and trading.

Current features are:
    • Save and Load System
    • Persistent Character Name
    • Monetary System (Credits are earned by killing enemies, and saved, but nothing is available to buy yet)
    • Enemy and Friendly AI
    • Tracking and Weapon Systems
    • Shield and Health
    • Semi-Realistic Planetary Gravity

Planned features are:
    • Multiplayer (Everything is being designed with this in mind)
    • Cargo and trading
    • Upgrades to weapons, speed, cargo capacity
    • Upgrade ship from Frigate to Destroyer (Larger ship with more health, larger shields, more cargo capacity, weapon systems, etc.)
    • Other planetary systems

Screenshots:

Web Player:
    Updated Web Player

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. aixaix

aixaix

The webplayer doesn't work for me.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

Screenshots don't load for me

4. Norrtec

Norrtec

I changed the host for both the WebPlayer and screenshots, so they should be working now. Oh, and here are a couple updated screenshots:

5. RRMessiah

RRMessiah

Are you looking for feedback on things? General feedback or specific feedback on elements like controls, artwork, etc?

6. xzile40

xzile40

I played it, and the concept is great. It only needs directions on what does what (because my controls were pretty freaky, "Control right" button being the move forward. Also needs a mouse lock, not mouse hide script. My mouse doesn't lock to the game, nor is there a way to go fullscreen to fix that problem, so i can't really turn right and shoot and whatnot without my mouse going out of the game and messing that all up.

Other than that, good job. Very good concept. One thing I thought of was that the planets were kind of small IMO. the texture on the planet makes it look big but the scale of your ship to the planet is like 1:15 when it should be like 1:5000 :) planet should be much bigger than the ship.

7. aixaix

aixaix

Well my Feedback!

Everything is great except the controls!

8. Norrtec

Norrtec

Thanks, I'll get to work on the controls right away. And xzile40, you're made some great points, I'll look into them :)