Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP RULES: Updated July - Read or have your threads closed

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tim-C, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Hi,

There are some great WIP's in here but there is also some posts creeping in that are making this area a bit messy and hard to read. In order to create a bit of a cleaner area and really highlight what people are working on there is going to be a small set of rules.

• Do not create new threads for every piece of work that you do.
    • If you create a thread please provide a description of your work and some screenshots. Don't just link to a webplayer or download. Give us some hint of what we will be looking at.
    • If you have a small piece of work don't create a thread for it, put it in the small works thread.

Rules Addendum July 26 2012
    • If you are posting a small piece of work it MUST be posted in the small works thread
    • If you create a thread it should be about YOUR game / project / personal / work
    • Only create a thread if you intend to update it with progress over a period of time of at least 1 month, small "Check out my character" or "Look at my mini game" will be closed.
    • ONLY UNITY PROJECTS IF YOU CREATE A THREAD (if you have done something nice art related etc. feel free to post it in the small works thread)

You may wonder why I am doing this. The reason is that I want WIP to be the cleanest and easiest place for people to pop into the forums and see whats being done in unity at a glance. Each thread should have a focus on a project or large piece of work that will take a while to complete so that people in the forum can see how it evolves and matures into a full project.

A great example of a thread that follows this is the Blackreef Pirates thread.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/74204-Blackreef-Pirates!

As I said, I will be closing and deleting threads that do not conform to these rules with no discussion. Please put your stuff in the right place, and follow the rules.

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Please read the new rules.

3. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Amendment to the Kickstarter rule:

Tim and I have agreed that you may mention your Kickstarter within your WIP thread. Please continue to post threads revolving around the subject of your work and documenting your progress, if you also happen to have a Kickstarter, it's ok to post the link.

malkere likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.