Search Unity

Games [WIP] Robot SLG game (Age of Wonder type)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Xhitman, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Xhitman

Xhitman

1. It will be something like Age of Wonder, but not turn based.
    2. Editable robot and stronghold.
    3. Skill system on robot.

Editor demo

More battle demo

What I am working now:
    1. The world terrain, I am very bad at this. I want random world terrain, but i have not find any free resource yet, and I have no idea how to make it.
    2. The stronghold resource system. As you can see in the stronghold editor, player can place many turrets to defend. It will cause game play balance problem. What's in my mind is every component cost resource: staff, power, supply. Then every stronghold get the resource based on the location on the world map, maybe resources node near stronghold.

Welcome any suggestion. Thanks.

2. Xhitman

Xhitman

Transform!!

It is not in my plan, but it just happens.

3. palex-nx

palex-nx

You have to generate texture with noise like perlin noise, there's a function for that noise in Unity API and set that texture as terrain heightmap, that's easy. You can get various hills patterns by combining noises with add or average or whatever function. Later you'll want to flatten some areas. Fo this there are multiple labyrinth generation algorithms. When labirynth is ready, flatten the area on the texture according to it and you will have a level with random terrain and passages.

4. palex-nx

palex-nx

You may also make power generator and make turrets require power to work. If there's not enough supply, turrets will not work so player will need to upgrade stronghold and add more sources. I saw this mechanics in Nexus: The Jupiter Incdent
    and in Perimetr