Search Unity

Assets [WIP] Retro FPS Avatars - 8-Direction Sprite System

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by skovron-81, Oct 27, 2017.

1. skovron-81

skovron-81

Retro FPS Avatars is an system to create and control 8-direction sprites in First Person Shooter style games.
    It is my own implementation of systems that has been used in oldschool FPS games.

I have been asked questions about the solution of the sprite system that I used in my Wolfenstein3D clone game:

I decided to prepare such a system for the Unity store.
    Soon I will try to write more about this system but for now here is a promotional video.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks nice
    would like to try and animate one enemy to test it
    whats the price?

3. skovron-81

skovron-81

Thanks.

I don't want to share the code because I'm going to put it in the Asset Store.
    I didn't think about the price yet, but I think with all the extensions for the inspector and examples it will be around $10.
    Maybe less if it will be to high price for such a system.

But for now it's still not ready for going public :)
    I need about two weeks to solve some problems mainly related to operating this system in the inspector windows.

4. HealthbarGames

HealthbarGames

Hello again, after a long break.

The "Retro FPS Avatars" project was suspended for various personal reasons. Fortunately, it was reactivated and is now available in the Unity Asset Store under the name "EDSS - Eight Directional Sprite System".

EDSS is a system that allows you to display 2-dimensional sprites in the 3D world in the way used in some 3D oldschool FPS games.

Official Tutorial:

Asset Store link:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/eight-directional-sprite-system-134177