Search Unity

[WIP] Release Manager. (Installer, Patcher, Launcher)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Travis-Bulford, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Barry100

Barry100

I have not been able to get the system working at all. I had to upload all the files my self as his uploader didnt work at all. The very first time I ran the program it crashed with errors as stated above. I have also been trying to get in touch with the developer with no success through facebook and here. The launcher also doesnt finish loading. There is obviously something very wrong with the system as it is right now and the support I am receiving is very sub par.

2. Barry100

Barry100

@Koolaps as you have 1 message in the forum I can only assume you are with Celestial and Travis. I went to the celestial website to download the program again as I thought it might be an issue with it. they have removed my download from my account. Btw their shop is no longer visable through the sites home page but IS still live from this link https://shop.celestial-games.com/index.php?route=common/home

Main issues are that nothing uploads to my server and the patcher always launches with errors. I have un-installed and reinstalled it about 5 times now with different results each time. I run my own server so permissions are all set correctly by me! I have been running servers for many years so these settings are easy for me to set up and amend if needed.

To see if I can get it all working without the FTP system which is part of the patcher, I uploaded all the files mirroring the directory structure that the patcher builds for me. Still no joy!

When I launch the launcher after making my game, i get a warning saying that I must be online to complete the installation. I dont know if this means that I have been blocked from using the system or that the system doesn't recognise the URL that I am using to point to my download. Either way, this is still not working. I know this project is WIP but it should at least be working before being put up for sale! Im gutted that it has come to this. I was hoping to get my game out and patchable by Tuesday. Looks like im going to have to shell out more cash for another system as this rip off seems dead in the water!

3. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hi Barry,

I have tried to contact you on several platforms, including your email address. Each time asking a question in response to your issue. Each of those times you do not answer my questions but rather post a new question on a different forum. I have also given you my email address repeatedly and requested you contact me there.

I can not support you if you don't respond to me. I want to assist with your issues and have asked sever questions all unanswered and you seam unwilling to use email which would save a lot of time.

In all honesty Barry you are making it next to impossible to support you. If you feel this is a scam I will happily refund you and we can part ways. If you would like support then please answer my questions and use Email I do not always get notifications when someone posts on all the various forums you have been posting on.

My email is travis@celestial-games.com.

Best Regards
    Travis Bulford

4. Barry100

Barry100

Travis I have emailed you 3 times now and tried to speak to you on Facebook. As you are in south africa, we are int he same time zone so talking during daytime should not be an issue here. you can contact me via skype as well. I PM'd you my skype details as requested last week but I never heard from you. I do wish to use your system as it seams like the system that I need - if you can support me then please do.

5. Barry100

Barry100

I will be on skype today from around 12 to 4pm. I will PM you my skype email address again.

6. Koolaps

Koolaps

@Barry100, I understand that the fact I posted only 1 message can be strange but believe me or not, I'm not with Celestial or Travis.

I just want you to know that I had issues with FTP Upload too the first times I use Release Manager but now they're solved, my issues were in relation with the Directory link and the Download URL.

I hope that you and Travis will find a solution for all your issues because when this software work correctly it's really practical to use it.

Travis-Bulford likes this.
  7. Barry100

Barry100

Most issues have now been resolved. I have been speaking to Travis for a couple of hours and we have got most things working in the launcher etc so a big thanks to Travis for all his help. Im really happy I managed to get this problems sorted and Travis has been a great help today!

Koolaps and Travis-Bulford like this.
  8. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.1.3 (3 November 2015)

Release Notes
    Few memory fixes and polish
    General
    • Log files can be opened from with the tool for easier support.
    • Added a local folder option for FTP so you can use your own tool more easily.
    Compiler
    • Fixed an issue causing it to break on some more complicated file compilations.
    Updater
    • Offline support improvements.
    • Memory allocation changed to manage larger files.
    Release 0.1.2a (2 November 2015)
    Release Notes
    Large file processing bug.
    Compiler
    • BUG: The compilation was running out of stack space for some files.

9. Koolaps

Koolaps

Thanks for the update, the local FTP options is really usefull !

10. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Update

Updater 32 and 64 bit
    So a bit of an update. There is no new build yet, but we are solving the largest issue. The issue been how to handle destination machines with not enough RAM for the rebinding of the files.

The first issues is resolved on Machines with a 64 bit version of the launcher we use the OS to create address space between the source and destination files. With the volume of address space on a 64 bit machine this is not an issue and it runs reasonably fast. So we use memory if there is enough, but if not we switch to using memory address file space (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory-mapped_file).

On 32bit machines the issue is a bit harder to resolve. With only an effective address space of 2gig's for the application and the two files source and destination it's impossible to handle files of over a gig (or even close to that). So we are rolling our own Memory mapped file that works independently of the OS and the address space. Making this efficient enough is taking some time.

One thing I need to highlight is currently the technology we use for the file difference compression can not handle files larger then 2gig. We don't see it as a priority to fix yet.

Mac and Linux launchers
    We now have a MAC in office still need to configure a Linux box We will be using Ubunto since we used to it for our servers (but not the Unity desktop). Since the core application is in Java we see mostly issues around the packaging not really around the execution. (Hopefully we are right about that). We planning to use install4j for Linux and a .app folder for Mac. Suggestions are welcome.

We don't know if we will be able to make a fully operational version of Release Manager for mac. Since the Windows installation requires WiX and that's only really available on windows.)

New BUG we are aware of
    • Its been brought to our attention that when rebuilding a file set if it was manually tampered with we don't rebuild directories that might be deleted.
    New features added
    • As part of the new process of defining executable functions (that is exe's that can be run, as apposed to giving the name in the designer) we are adding a feature to allow the launcher display to move off screen (always leaving 10% in screen to avoid it been moved out of visible range)
    • Allowing the modification of the two images that show when downloading the launcher itself and the design. (These will have default ones you add to your package and you can latter override them with new ones from the designer.)
    • We are enhancing the HTML support with the following things. You can post details of the current state into the request. The hrefs in the html can choose to open new links in the current window or the OS. They can also kick off actions such as Update and Execute. Lastly from the execute you will be able to pass information from the HTML into the exe. This will effectively allow you to create an HTML log in for your game and pass the session into the executable. Still limited to HTML 3.2 but its a bold step.
    • We planning to add the memory mapped files to the ReleaseManager compiler for systems with not enough ram to compile the files. (Keeping in mind you may need up to 20gig's) it will be slower but at least it will work.
    Don't forget if you want to peek at the backlog its available here https://trello.com/b/qxZ8ye1M/release-manager

Thanks for your time
    Travis

Koolaps and gurayg like this.
  11. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

@Barry100 did this new patcher and launcher software work for you? Are you using it in your production?

12. blackice-builds

blackice-builds

Hey Travis,

I keep getting the same Java Runtime Error (even after re-downloading from the Celestial shop - My Account - Downloads page):

"The program [program.exe] includes an evaluation version of a Java Runtime not eligible for distribution. Please contact the vendor for of this application."

Ideas on how to fix this once and for all?

13. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hi Blackice,

That certainly the wrong version I will test the store and get back to you.

Travis

14. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hello,

I reset the download for the store and pushed to all previous customers. I am no longer using the tool that was giving that error so if you see it you certainly have the wrong version.

If you don't come right from the store please email me at info@celestial-games.com and I will provide you with a direct download link.

Regards
    Travis

15. Panerox

Panerox

What platforms(Windows? Mac? Linux?) are supported to create native installers?

16. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hello,

Currently Windows 64 and 32 bit versions are done using WiX. We have just started building the Mac version now. For mac we are creating an .app folder. (We needed to buy a MAC :D)

Linux currently we thinking of using IzPack for the Linux installer.

The actual solution already runs on Mac and Linux its only the installation that need to be completed for support.

Regards
    Travis

17. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Update
    Hello everyone, so with the break I am getting a lot more time to work on ReleaseManager. Whats been holding the project up is various memory enhancements.

For now an update about the compiler and the new compiler screen.

newcompiler.png

New Compile Gauge
    We have updated the compile to include a gauge as apposed to a progress bar. Since compilation is not a linear process but rather a recursive one the gauge gives a better idea of whats happening and of course lets you know the compiler is still running.

Additionally the gauge gives you information on how much ram the file needs to be process and how much disk space is been used.

Using Disk cache for compiling
    Previously we required you had 12x the ram of the file you are compiling (more or less) problem is not everyone has 30gig of ram. With that in mind we have implemented a file cache. You will still need at least enough ram to load the new and old version of the files into ram (we attempted to process entirely on disk but it would take days to complete).

We only process one compilation on disk cache at a time. Doing more then that would be counter productive. So if you look at the new.

Take a look at the top compiler gauge you will notice a disk flickering (well it flickers in the app ;) ) that is a notification that the compile is using disk cache.

Compile Log
    We have added a compile log. We will continue to add more and more information to the log.

Multiple Compiles
    Release Manager will now process up to 3 compiles at a time. This is dependent on memory. If there is not enough ram to process the available files the 2 auxiliary compile threads will go idle.

Hopefully we can release this version soon. Testing large files takes a lot of time especially when I go out of my way to run out of ram and force disk processing.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    blackice-builds, Koolaps and gurayg like this.
  18. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Update

The last few days have seen many changed to the Launcher Designer system. These were needed to better facilitate multiple platforms. (Although some are simply aesthetics)

upload_2016-1-3_13-53-16.png

New Icons
    New icons have been selected for the Designer itself as well as all the widgets you can place down. Its probably seams trivial but the icons we had have been bugging me from the start. These are not perfect but I am happier with them.

Animating GIF'S
    We now support Animating GIF's as images. We have not implemented support for the animations into buttons or the like just yet. We are considering some enhancements there, but its low priority compared to getting MAC version done.

Executables Tab
    In the tree view we have added a new executables tab. This is because of a change to how action buttons work. If you choose an action button and want to execute something, you must have defined that file as an executable.

This allows us to select different files per operating system. Allowing us to have a different file name for Max, Win and Linux. In fact possibly a different one for Windows 32 and Windows 64.

Extended Properties Editor
    Many of the queries we get relate to the specific meaning and use of each of the properties you can edit for every item. For this reason we have added an extended properties editor. Just double click on the item you want to edit or click the [Edit Properties] button on the bottom right.

upload_2016-1-3_14-2-16.png
    The Edit Label Window

upload_2016-1-3_14-3-41.png
    The Edit Executable Window

The window above has some example values in to assist explaining there use.

Close Launcher
    If this is checked the Launcher will close when that executable is started.

Environment
    Name value pairs that will be added to the environment when the application runs. These values are retrievable from the Unity Plugin that is supplied with ReleaseManager. This is the preferred way to pass information from the Launcher to your application.

Arguments (All Platforms)
    These are command line arguments that will be sent to the execution of your application. Each argument is on a separate line. This allows you to have spaces between them are you would from command line by using quotes.

Win64
    The Win64 tab is where Windows 64 bit specifics are configured. Each platform your project uses will appear here.

Executable
    The Executable file to be run. These are supplied from the latest compiled version of your application. If you don't have a compiled version of your application you can not configure the execution yet.

Path
    This is the relative path where you would like the executable to be run from. This allows you for example to include a beta version and a normal version of your project and have a run for both from the Launcher. There are of course other uses.

Arguments (Win64 Version)
    This is where you can supply arguments for your specific platform edition that should not be passed to other editions.

Thanks for your continued support and Happy NEW YEAR!

Attached Files:

Koolaps likes this.
  19. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Playing with ReleaseManager and Unity

We were curious about how well ReleaseManager would patch Unity versions. Although the size of the downloads has become about 1/4 of what it was a few versions back we wanted to see if ReleaseManager would build a good patch between two Unity Versions.

We picked the following two versions. (been the latest two)
    upload_2016-1-5_16-35-19.png

Once compiled the version 5.3.1f1 compiled size was

Patch Win 64 compiled
    original size 917.27 mb
    patch size 10.26 mb (1.12%)

BTW A new version is close now don't forget to check out the trello board for updates on whats new.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    S4G4N likes this.
  20. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.1.4_72 (6 January 2016)

Release Notes
    Critical fixes to launchers. You can now process larger files then memory available on 64 and 32 bit deployments of your application. Compiler changes, launcher changes. A lot of prep work for MAC and Linux versions.
    Designer
    • New Icons.
    • Executables now configured separately of buttons.
    • HTML Panel no longer automatically scrolls to bottom.
    • Image properties Wizard.
    • Label properties Wizard.
    • Executable properties wizard.
    • Executables configurable by platform.
    • Close button wizard.
    • Minimize button added.
    • Unity Config button, you can now specify available resolutions.
    • Unity Config button, you can now specify available qualities.
    • Animating GIF support.
    Launcher
    • Launcher can now patch files on Windows 32 even if the file is too large mapable memory.
    • Animating GIF support.
    • Allowing passing command line parameters to executables per platform.
    • Minimize button added.
    • Executables can be started with any project folder as base.
    • System environment variables can now be passed into executables.
    Compiler
    • Experimental disk support added.
    • Compile log added.
    • Now supports multiple compile threads.
    • Compile graphs added.
    General
    • You can now update the GUIDs of your project.

Koolaps likes this.
  21. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Update 0.1.5 progressing.

Often there is some problem with a release and it create a lot of pain to debug and figure it out. With this in mind we have added a new collapsible Problems panel.

upload_2016-1-8_13-53-52.png

The panel lists things you still need to do before you can go live and also lists warning and errors with the project configuration.

For example if the Executable's defined can not be found in the new version you will be shown an error. If you have modified the Launcher and not uploaded it you will see a Warning.

We hope this will make most people's experiences with ReleaseManager smoother.

As you can see we did make the list collapsible but you can see at any time the summary. Any conditions you guys are aware of that you think we should add as warnings or as errors please let us know.

22. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Taking your Solution offline when you need to.

Sometimes its necessary to take your system offline. This is especially true if you have any online elements in your project. Release Manager has had this facility for some time, but the only way to access it was to upload a specific html file to your server location. On launch the updater check for this file if found it reports the HTML inside it as a reason you can not proceed and then disabled update and run buttons.

We have now added an easy to use manager for your online offline mode.

upload_2016-1-9_21-31-59.png

You can test the message with the test button. Below is the test for the above message.

upload_2016-1-9_21-32-10.png

Once your status has changes your Release Manager will reflect the new ostatus in the status row as

Live: NO
    upload_2016-1-9_21-32-19.png

Additionally when you offline it will add the offline status to the Problems list. We don't want to forget after all.

We pushing to have this release out in the next day or so. It makes finding your way around Release Manager that much easier.

23. TJQ

TJQ

Summary: The only patching/ game client you will ever need!

Full Review:

RM is one of the best out there for patching your games, creating a launcher and keeping your game up to date.

Its quick and painless, tons of customization allowed for designing your launcher.

The developer of this asset is active and knowledgeable. Very quick to answer emails and fix issues.

On of the best things about RM is once you have your FTP setup, changing anything and patching anything is just a button click away! Made changes to your launcher? Press upload, done. Made a patch? Press upload, done. Need to create an install for your game? Press package, press create install, done. Ok so that last example was two buttons, however you get the idea of how easy this product is!

Updates? As stated earlier developer is active with this product and is improving it every chance they get and is Actively seeking feedback and suggestions to make it better!

At the current price point its a steal knowing it WILL BE the last patching and installer you will ever need for ANY game!

My experience: I've tried Game Patcher, Dark Patcher, Crafty Patching system. All of those fall very short in doing what this product does and all required A LOT more time to get setup and running and still had issues plus slow developer response.

If your reading this its because your looking for a patching solution like I was. You need this asset, you will not be disappointed!

Koolaps, S4G4N and Travis-Bulford like this.
  24. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Thank you.

25. JohanLL

JohanLL

I have a few questions about the release manager, mainly regarding asset bundles.

Is there support for letting the user install a bare minimum of the game, and run certain parts of it, while the remainders are downloaded? Such as some levels (in one asset bundle) being unavailable until they've been downloaded/patched.

Can we build a patch for each asset bundle separately without having to build a new patch for the entirety of the project? This is so we can work on some parts as if they were entirely separate projects (which they actually are), and it would be nice to be able to maintain that even when patching.

Will running the installer once the client is already installed run a new installation, or launch the existing one?

Is there support launch the launcher from a website?

Got any news on the Mac client?

26. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

We don't have on the go patching. I don't foresee us supporting that through ReleaseManager the integration to your application would be very tight to make this work well.

Release Manager only builds patches for the parts that change so new versions wont include anything that has not been modified. Not sure this answers your question, since it might only be relevant if we supported on the go patching.

As you can see below you should be presented with the following screen if you do that on Windows. (This is for running release manager's installer when its already installed.)

upload_2016-2-3_9-34-42.png

Not really. Integration to web browsers is an ongoing business. Currently the only way to do this would be to download the Launcher install it then execute it. The Launcher requires admin privileges to download and execute programs so most web systems actively prevent this from been possible.

Only that we have spend the last two weeks chasing a networking issue. (Resolved finally) so once the 0.1.5 version is out we will be starting on 0.1.6 that includes the MAC launcher (not the MAC version of Release Manager)

Thanks for the questions. Were some interesting ones there will continue to think further about some in case a clear way to achieve them comes along. But for now the answer remains as above.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  27. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

The Internet and Release Manager

Our 0.1.5 release has been delayed for 2 weeks due to unexpected internet outages here in South Africa that showed a flaw in our update process. (Although at first it made me think I had gone mad and the product never could have worked)

So while testing version 0.1.5 here in South Africa. The international internet cables up the east coast of Africa kept getting damaged.

In turn some local internet businesses set aggressive proxying policies to try reduce the amount of international bandwidth been used (Since the other internet access lines up the west coast are much smaller). This means a corrupted version of one of the zip files was cached. After pulling my hair out I tested from a machine in France as apposed to from here and the correct file downloaded.

Two weeks chasing a red herring. But on the up side I can see the importance of been able to recover from this issue. We have added a parameter to each attempt to download a broken file. (After the first) this parameter should be ignored by most web hosts but will bypass a proxy if needed. And fortunately right now we have the perfect opportunity to test this fix.

We have also delt with cached files been shorter then the actual file we requesting.

Additionally we have added the following HTTP headers (only on all attempts from the 2nd).

Cache-Control : no-cache
    Pragma : no-cache

The initial LauncherUpdater does the same thing but starts immediately with the two above no-cache suggestions since its only downloading a meg and it needs to remain as small and simple as possible.

So we testing 0.1.5 if all goes well that patch will be reseal today and we will begin work on 0.1.6

28. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.1.5_74 (3 February 2016)
    Release Notes
    Many enhancements to UI to better aid new users. Patching enhancements especially around creating new Full versions. Shutdown manager now has a front end. Automatic patch and execution mode. Networking issues workaround.

Launcher - Updater
    If you want to get this fix to new users they will need a new installer
    • Works around possible internet file caching issues.
    Launcher
    • Now installs the latest full version then patch onward.
    • Works around possible internet file caching issues.
    • Can recover if the version its on is no longer online. (Will act as if a new version in this case)
    Compiler
    • Now correctly compile full and patch versions. (was not working as needed before)
    • Compile log added.
    • Now supports multiple compile threads.
    • Compile graphs added.
    • Added feedback when compressing the files. (was making the system look like it had hung)
    General
    • New problems and issues list at bottom of screen.
    • Recovers last backup if project file is corrupted.
    • New shutdown manager to control your applications online/offline state.

29. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

How to choose screen sizes and quality configurations for Unity Game Settings

With the changes to Release Manager the wiki has fallen behind a bit. We will catch it up but in the mean time here is a short tutorial on how to configure your unity game settings.

First of all your project must be of type Unity. If not you will not get the option to configure the settings.

After you add an action to your design you can bring up the Edit Properties for the action from the button on the bottom right of the screen.

upload_2016-2-7_9-35-5.png

In the window that appears select UnitySettings as your button type. (if that type does not appear your project is probably not configured as the Unity Project type. This is done on Manage Releases tab.)

upload_2016-2-7_9-36-46.png

You will notice the Screen Sizes text box and the Quality Choices one. If these are left blank Release Manager will behave in default. The default for screen is to show all the screen resolutions we can detect the current display card is capable of. The default for Quality Choices is the standard default set of Quality choices in Unity. (Fastest,Fast,Simple,Good*,Beautiful,Fantastic)

This is something you may want to control and that is what these dialogs are for. So firstly the screen sizes field.

Screen Sizes
    You can enter the screen sizes in the following format

{width}x{height}

Each line represents a new allowed size. You should know that the sizes are filtered by whats available in the clients machine. So if you enter a size and the client can not handle that size your game will not provide them with any choices.

640x480
    1024x768

The default would typically be the current desktop resolution. If the resolution you request is not available on the clients machine the behavior is undefined at present.

Quality Choices
    Here you put the text name for the quality choices each on a separate line like this.

Poor
    Ok*
    Fantastic

You may notice that the one has an Astrix behind it '*' this means its the default quality settings.

Once both the above changes have been name your config would look as follows.

upload_2016-2-7_9-50-33.png

Unity Prefab

If you include the Release Manager prefab in your start scene you can allow your players to choose there resolutions and quality in your game. Those choices are saved back out to the Release manager config and next time your launch they will be the default settings.

The Unity prefab is available from the menu. If you make the selection it should automatically import into your unity game.

This way release manager can allow you to change the settings or do it for you or even both.

upload_2016-2-7_9-51-47.png

Unity hide splash screen.
    Once last issue we have seen many people unsure how to solve it to remove the Unity Splash and configuration screen.

The current Release Manager wiki has a page on how to do that here.

30. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

S3 Storage and Wizard configuration

We have been focused a lot on user friendliness for Release Manager. The one place many people get stuck is the configuration of the file upload and downloading for the process. We have created a series of Wizards that now allow you to configure these one step at a time.

Below is the series for S3 configuration.

upload_2016-2-28_8-30-44.png

upload_2016-2-28_8-31-7.png

upload_2016-2-28_8-31-23.png

upload_2016-2-28_8-31-32.png

upload_2016-2-28_8-34-26.png

Its a bit dull to look at but does make the process far more certain.

31. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.1.6 (1 March 2016)
    Release Notes
    Amazon S3 support, various improvements to the updater. Many UI changes to make the user experience easier.

Launcher
    • Launcher now tests all the files if they are corrupted it will download the last full version of that file and patch it up to date.
    • Launcher now has a button to test file integrity (if this button is added it wont perform the automatic check).
    • Multi monitor displays managed better now. Launcher no longer trapped in the first screen.
    Uploader
    • Amazon S3 support.
    • Wizards added for file configuration.
    General
    • Additional validation now on the packager before packaging is allowed.

Koolaps likes this.
  32. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hi Everyone,

We busy working on getting Release Manager into the Unity store. As part of that we have completed some video work. Tutorials on the way and a promo video.

gurayg likes this.
  33. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release Manager Tutorials

With the 0.1.6 release we have put together a few tutorial to help people learn Release Manager easier. They should also give anyone considering the product a good look around.

New Project

Learn about project creation in Release Manager

Setting Up File Transfer

Learn about the online configuration for file uploading and downloading.

Create Your First Version

Learn how to add a new version and upload it

Packaging Your Application

Learn how to Package your application for distribution

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Koolaps likes this.
  34. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Designing Your Launcher
    Learn how to design your projects launcher

Taking Your Application Live

Learn how to take your project Live

Creating A Patch And Unity Settings

Learn how to create a new version patch and take it live. Also learn how to integrate Release Manager with your Unity project.

Koolaps likes this.
  35. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

S4G4N and Koolaps like this.
  36. Koolaps

Koolaps

Nice ! This project is amazing and is progressing very well ^^

Thanks for the tutos and the forum by the way.

Keep up the good work !

Travis-Bulford and S4G4N like this.
  37. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Thanks Koolaps,

Taking a break from features to try get it on the Asset Store. Bit of a challenge as we are not a typical plugin but rather an application that is coupled with Unity. Hope to get that done soon.

38. Maffew

Maffew

@Travis Bulford Any chance you can allow other S3 integration? I have Dreahost's Dream Objects that uses the Amazon S3 Service but I assume I need to be able to change the URL

DreamHost DreamObjects

39. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

@Maffew I have not looked at DreamHost. Will take a look and see what it would take.

40. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

@Maffew looks like you are correct. If I just change the URL it should work will need to so some tests.

41. Maffew

Maffew

Brilliant, Thanks Travis

42. auroxi

auroxi

Nothing too interesting to add but glad to see that you're still developing this and pushing it forward Travis!

Keep up the good work, I will never release a game without Release Manager!

I see it's on sale on your website again so make sure you get it guys - you won't regret it.

Travis-Bulford and S4G4N like this.
  43. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Just a bit of news, we have changed out the shop with PrestaShop. Anyone that has purchased Release Manager from there will still have an account and can download it from the new shop.

The next change will be enabling serial codes for ReleaseManager that will make it possible for us to give trail versions. Those who have the product will receive a serial number when we take the serial numbers system live.

As an extra point we looking and making the serial solution available as a plug in for ReleaseManager.

44. TripleSmash

TripleSmash

Is there any plans to add audio support for the launcher? Or will there be any way we can do this ourselves?

45. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hi TripleSmash,

Audio is on the cards, for button clicks and events as well as a sound track.

Currently there is no way you could do it yourself.

46. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Hey it's been a long time since the last time i've checked RM, i'm pleased to see you've kept up the good work :) I had a quick look at the release notes but it's quicker if i ask: any news on the html5 support for animations?

47. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

We have sent serial numbesr to all the people that have purchased Release Manager from our store.

The next release 0.1.7 will include a trail mode that is unlocked with the serial number. If you have purchased the product and have not received your serial number please get in touch.

0.1.7 also include servers stability improvements for your customers downloading your projects. This is mission critical changes to Release Manager. Hopefully that aspect is rock solid now so we can focus on other improvements.

48. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hi HitsuSun,

Thanks great to hear from you. We do now have animating GIF image support, not HTML 5 but a bit of life.

Here is our current thinking about the animations and HTML5.

To fully support HTML5 we can see two options.

The one is to use JxBrowser its the best option. It would mean a larger client initial download but its the most HTML5 compatible. Unfortunately there is a a large price tag associated so its going to have to wait at least until we making enough money from ReleaseManager to justify that kind of investment.

We have just started looking at a WebKit compatible solution. Hopefully it wont add too much size or instability.

49. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.1.7 (4 April 2016)
    Release Notes
    Trial version and making the client downloader recover better.

General
    We have added a trial version of Release Manager. It full version is unlocked with your serial number sent to you in email.
    • Trial mode.
    Launcher
    • Correctly handles some HTTP 1.1 responses.
    • Saves the cache more often during operation.
    • Hides sooner when launching the application.
    • After 50 failed attempts to download a file Launcher now informs user with a choice to quite or not.
    • When in unattended mode will keep retrying downloads without user input.
    • Waits 1 second between retries since 50 occurred very quickly in some circumstances where networking was glitched out.

50. Maffew

Maffew

@Travis Bulford Did you get chance to look at exposing the S3 URL?

Thanks,
    Matt