Search Unity

[WIP] Release Manager. (Installer, Patcher, Launcher)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Travis-Bulford, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Koolaps

Koolaps

Really nice to see that the development of this launcher is still alive. I use it since a lot of time now and appart some minors bugs I can say that it's the better one and the most complete available right now on the market.
    I hope that this beauty will go on the asset store one day ;)

2. Anubis75

Anubis75

Hi Travis,

thank you for answering.
    About the DNS its doenst works, of cause you can only change the DNS if its is our ZONE of Authority.
    For Example the Space is the Amazon Storage, and after this our have your own storage. How you will change the path (with CNAME) from the Amazon? No change.

Whats about if you can update also the probertiy file from our Updater Software? So this means, one Update is for the game, but its needs also a Update for the clients. Of Cause its posible to make a MST File to change the MSI, but there is no automatical step to handle it. I`m sure if you made this Updater for games, you can do it for the Installed Software (MSI) also :)

Cheers
    Anubis

3. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

I think we could do that but would require that there is a permanent home for that property file. So that DNS would remain a fixed point. Would that suit you? So you would have a hosted properties file that is used. If you alter that everyone is altered, but where that file lives in not somthing you can alter.

4. UltraTM

UltraTM

Hi @Travis-Bulford ,

since we didnt talked a long time ago.

Do you still have plans or working on html 5 support?

And also maybe an API or something. We would like to intergrate an Login before downloading the game. Database and stuff is in our own cms. But we would need a chance to get this in the launcher. Input fields and stuff is all there. But seems like we are not able to insert own code to this components.

S4G4N likes this.
  5. tequyla

tequyla

Hello,

i tried demo version and it is really nice stuff !!! congrats.

any eta for new release ?

++

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  6. UltraTM

UltraTM

Is it normal. Im using 5.6

and also insert the unity package and the ReleaseManager object to the first scene.

But i can still start the game.exe without launching it over the launcher.
    is this normal?
    i thought we could prevent this stuff with release Manager

7. tequyla

tequyla

if you have unity free , it is not possible to discard unity launcher. U need unity plus or pro for that.

update: on my case, when i leave the game, the client crash. i tried with game client from unity3d (ie without this package) and no crash. any idea ?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  8. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

feature request:

- Add login system including google authenticator (on/off) before udapte something like blizzard battle.net
    - The login system must be linked to Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla for example.

+++

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  9. Vedrit

Vedrit

10. UltraTM

UltraTM

SOmeone here is in contact with him i hope he can contact him again :(

@S4G4N maybe you can contact him again to look in his tread :D

11. ppmpyae7

ppmpyae7

Hi I want to know if it supports android games and if it has the auto update system like mobile legendslegends.Sorry if this is very basic,but i am a beginner.

12. Teila

Teila

This is an old outdated forum thread. There must be a newer one somewhere. If you go to Atavism Online's website, you will get more updated info and a link to their discord channel.

I believe you can make games on mobile with Atavism, but ask in the discord channel.

13. Rich_A

Rich_A

Is this asset still supported?

14. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Release 0.3.1 (7 March 2020) Beta version only
    Release Notes

We have taken Release Manager open source. The Beta build (linked at the start of this thread is the current latest build.)

General
    • Removed the need to registration or keys.
    Uploader
    • Updated the new AWS libraries for S3 support.
    Next we are removing dependencies we can not put into open source so that the code can be uploaded. For anyone that bought the project we are asking for ideas on what privileges we can give to you s a reward for your support.

hopeful likes this.
  15. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hello,

Yes it is, although as a commercial project it has failed, we still develop it and are moving it free and open source so people can in fact use it and in return assist up making it better.

BitPax and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  16. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Fixed the Discord link in the start of this post repeated here for anyone that might have wanted to join us discussing the project and it's future.

https://discord.gg/H9ftykS

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  17. teodor2k8

teodor2k8

It's perfect!

Travis-Bulford likes this.
  18. Byc0

Byc0

Hi, your product seems to be awesome, I will try it with my game dev team in the next few weeks.
    It would be great to see CI/CD integration or any way to use this release manager in CD pipelines

19. Rich_A

Rich_A

If you're looking at relaunching this (no pun intended) - a launcher which explicitly is designed for anti-piracy ownership checking via the Steam API would be really useful.

20. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Hello,

Yes CI integration would be very useful. It's on the roadmap but we have not had a lot fo time to work on the project the last few months.

21. Travis-Bulford

Travis-Bulford

Do you mean to have the launcher check the game status from steam before launching?

22. Rich_A

Rich_A

Correct - ownership validation. Search 'preventing torrents' on the Steamworks forum (assuming you have access) for a primer on it.

I'd pay $200 once-off for a working anti-piracy asset that utilises the Steam API.