Search Unity

WIP (Reality Blade) a spiritual successor to Bushido Blade but on VR.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by BokuDev, Apr 3, 2016.

1. BokuDev

BokuDev

Hi I'm Fredrick Conception and I'm working on a 2-4 online multiplayer player sword fighting duel game for the HTC Vive and Oculus Touch.

Its a game inspired by one of my old favorites Bushido blade. So I thought I'd make a WIP thread to detail its design as development moves forward.

I am also seeking another programmer for the game to get the game out in a timely fashion so if you are into VR on the HTC Vive and know C# and multiplayer networking included let me know!

Update 1: Avatars and weapons
    Weapons are first modeled in Maya with the goal of having a set of 10 weapons that act very differently to hold, distance reaching, and blocking size/hitboxes.

As much as I like the edo period style of things, humans look BAD in VR, so samurai inspired helmets but cyberized was more a fit for the game. I still want to have the weapons and locations fit the theme of taking place during an edo period, but even the cyberized helmets help for that VR transported into a different time feel. The helmets are modeled first so I can detach the head from the body to allow players in multiplayer to see each-other turn their heads. I hope good players will notice where an enemy is looking for blocking or dodging.

The colored balls you see will always be visible for combat as they are representing human vital points (with the middle ball for example being the one hit kill vital point). My next step for these will be to add the body/arms separately soon.

A classic clean stage. I will be adding a night-time/daytime cycle to this stage, as I believe it needs more visual polish but the goal is to make a clean stage without any stage hazards or objects for the players to fight on a dojo floor in the sky.

A forest tree cluttered stage. The point of this stage is for the players to be able to slice trees if they miss each-other during the battle. If the battle is intense they could end up cleaning the stage. The one hand weapons will not destroy the rocks, but the two hand weapons will destroy the rocks. The stage is enclosed by trees in a circle. (You can see the two Vive Player controllers start out on the opposite ends).
    Cutting a tree or rock should have some particle effects and such so the players can try to blind eachother/distract.

Prototyping weapons is next. My goal for the next update to is show me in VR! (through mp4 links of the recording) picking up and holding all 10 weapons for the game. I may have another stage example as well. I'm hoping to have more updates in VR.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. kenshin

kenshin

Very nice idea!
    ...I liked a lot Bushido Blade :)

3. usb420

usb420

will you be able to run around the forest? Even though tends to cause motion sickness. It could make for a nice disadvantage.