Search Unity

Games [WIP] Razorlocks - 3D Platformer Pre-Alpha

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JustInvoke, Jan 19, 2019.

1. JustInvoke

JustInvoke

Razorlocks is a 3D platformer currently in development that emphasizes moving fast and leaping far. Core abilities include wall running, grappling, dashing, and spinning and can all be used to navigate levels in interesting ways.

The title Razorlocks is derived from the way the character’s blade tool is connected to her hair and is used to spin and grapple. The pre-alpha version of the game contains 3 complete levels, each designed to represent different levels of difficulty.

There are Windows and WebGL versions of the pre-alpha available. Feedback on the gameplay mechanics is appreciated.

The game supports keyboard/mouse and XInput gamepad input, and you can see the control maps either on the game's page on my site or inside the folder of the downloaded game. A control customization menu will be added in the future.

In the video below you can see a play through of each level:

You can see screenshots and an alternate Windows download on either the IndieDB, Game Jolt, or Itch.io pages.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. EDevJogos

EDevJogos

Realy nice, i' m waiting to see more. Looking at the vídeo seems to be very easy to jump around, but playing it i've found out that is not so much, off course, considering that i've played only for a few minutes, guess with practice things get more natural.
    Overall, looking at what is avaliable right now feels great.

3. JustInvoke

JustInvoke

Thanks for the feedback, were you using keyboard/mouse or a gamepad? Gamepad is what I would recommend using if you have one, but maybe I should add some kind of smoothing to the keyboard input to make it less twitchy. I had my brother play it and he struggled at first but within 30 minutes or so he was getting the hang of it, so maybe it could just be the learning curve.

I have also made some minor improvements that are not yet featured in the build, including making the walk/run animation transition to a standing more smoothly and making the camera move upwards when pushed up against a wall to provide better visibility with wall running. Before I release a new build I want to add prototype enemies and the ability to take and inflict damage.

EDevJogos likes this.
  4. EDevJogos

EDevJogos

I was playing with the keyboard and mouse, when you have a new build up if you post here i'll check it out.

5. JustInvoke

JustInvoke

I've been forgetting to post updates here, so I'm bumping the thread to show off the latest pre-alpha build you can see in the first post.