Search Unity

[WIP]Quick AI

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chrisall76, Apr 27, 2014.

1. chrisall76

chrisall76

Hi everyone, for a few weeks I'll been working on AI for my next project (secret atm), but all solution on the asset store where ether too costly or too limited in the sense that they only fit one situation, plus the code was made to not really be extended on. So with help from a few people along the way, I have make a solution that allows you to extend on it easily with your own states and code that is easy to understand.

Video
    Soon...

ScreenShots

Shows about 200 AI, each with their own navmesh and position to go to, running about 60 FPS.

Shows 30 AI each with their own animations and shadows, looks at all brings about 40-55 FPS.

Example same as first one, except these AI attack each other. About same performance as the first.

My Specs
    To show what all this is running on
    MODEL: Toshiba Satellite S875D-S7350
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7660G
    CPU: AMD A10-4600M APU 2.30 GHz
    RAM: 6 GB
    HDD Space: 688 GB Toshiba HDD

Information:
    Price:Planning around $15-$20

WebPlayer:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85846965/AISolution/AISolution.html

To-Do List
    So far, I have the basics needed. I want other things to be added before this goes up though.
    Green: Done
    Yellow: Started On
    Red: Not Started

*Make AI be able to handle multiple in the same scene without issues
    *Have all AI derive from a base class, which contains the basics of what they need
    *Automate AI to work out of the box

*Add ability to work over any networking tool
    *Make base class only include components that are general for any project
    *Add different example enemies for use in different types of projects
    *Automate AI to work out of the box
    *Add editor extention to set-up states

Any comments or questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    maxime66410 likes this.
  2. jaelove

jaelove

could it work for a fighting game?

3. chrisall76

chrisall76

Depends on what you mean. Something like Street Fighter I would just recommend the 2.5D fighting engine
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/202223-W-I-P-2-5D-Fighting-Game-Framework
    If you want something like Dynasty warriors, this would be perfect.

Currently this provides a coding frame which you base your AI off of, but I want to find a way to make it work in the editor
    in a behavior tree sort of way. I'll update progress on that here however long it takes.

4. chrisall76

chrisall76

Quick update, the editor extention is being worked on. Planning on a node-like system currently, but need to get passed a few problems before I can finish it. I want to ask, what would you guys like to see in a AI solution? I'm already planning on a low price so anyone can basally buy it, what features would you like?