Search Unity

[WIP]Project Kaarai : The Prophet

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KaaraiProject, Mar 26, 2012.

1. KaaraiProject

KaaraiProject

Hello Im Mesukai Martin Head of this Project,

KAARAI: THE PROPHET
    Ive been thinking of making this game for a certain amount of time , and im sure im going to give my head on attention to it.
    If you want to see some previews;
    How it began:
    Current:

Concept art:

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK
    Ill be continuessly Updating this thread , so check back. ;)
    [Next Update; Info on Kaarai]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

You'll need more than a un-textured terrain to get feedback, and don't use age as an excuse, looking at my sig you'll see I've done many things, and I'm 13(14 in june).

3. jessee03

jessee03

Usually game developers try to hide their age... I would suggest posting an actual game and not some jagged terrain. People usually won't have positive feedback on something they could create in a minute.

4. KaaraiProject

KaaraiProject

Understand dude, Im not using age as an excuse im telling them that just because im young that doesnt mean im unexperienced.

5. jessee03

jessee03

I mean in general you never want to tell people your age. Usually the younger you are the less experience you have. I still look at stuff I worked on 8 years ago and laughed at what I made because my stuff now a days is a million times better now. I can tell your excited to make games and I'm glad you are but I'm just trying to help you out. I would take a lot of time and make it look amazing before you ask people opinions on something.

6. KaaraiProject

KaaraiProject

Yes i understand that, im going to post some concept art later on today, so people can get a feel of what im trying to dish out.
    thanks for the tips man. please continue critiquing me, i need it.

7. thellama

thellama

Looks bad dude. Huge blurry white text on white untextured terrain with the default camera blue sky. Step it up, get a skybox in there. This is not WIP, this is first time in unity. You really need to prep up something worth showing before posting full guns blazing like this. The terrain is unusable and totally unsightly.

When you post something like this, it makes you look bad. When you come into the forums telling anyone your age, it makes you look bad. No one is going to hold back on you for being young, or help you out more, if anything they might be harder on you.

Do some tutorials, tons of tutorials, and come back when you have something more than jaggy terrain and some gui text.

8. rqpaine

rqpaine

hey bud, good luck with the game! put some texture on that ground, even just some dirt and grass, get a skybox like lLama said.
    get a guy walking around, that would help a lot. Get those things going and you will have something to be proud of.!

9. prophet

prophet

Good luck and keep trying. I wont say anything about your work yet cause there isn't much showing yet. Unity takes time to get a good look and feel, atleast for me lol. Thats why I have yet to post any of my work, cause I have not liked any of the looks yet.

10. KaaraiProject

KaaraiProject

JUST POSTED A NEW UPDATE...

Should this game be an FP (First Person) Or TP (Third Person)
    which do you guys prefer, although it is an adventure game, it could add a twist.