Search Unity

[WIP] Project DELTREE - A Puzzle & Dragon like RPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by boolean01, Oct 29, 2016.

1. boolean01

boolean01

Project Deltree is an RPG set in a corrupted virtual world, based on a (partially made up) genre called Gacha-lite. It combines elements of several games, with the look and feel of Crash Frenzy, the combat of Divine Gate and Puzzle & Dragon, a gem matching system similar to TsumTsums with a campaign system similar to Monster Strike.

Alpha - Version 0.1.3
    Download Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spectragate.projectdeltree
    Download PC - http://spectragate.com/project_deltree/alpha_releases/ProjectDeltree_v0_1_3.zip

What is a Gacha game?
    Gacha is a free-to-play model used in many Japanese games, such as Puzzle and Dragons and Monster Strike. They usually feature character unlock chance machines and a heavy use of energy systems.

So what is Gacha-lite? Is that even a thing?
    While these gameplay models work well for these companies and make them literally billions of dollars, it often overshadows the gameplay itself which can often be quite good. Gacha-lite is my attempt to merge several gameplay elements of these games while having a very forgiving and non-intrusive progression and energy system. I won't make a billion dollars this way, but oh well.

• Gem Combat + Attack Rounds - Start matching gems to activate 5 second combat rounds. The more gems you match, the more damage you do based on the character in the leader position. Matching gems with the same colour as your leader gives you bonus damage. After each 5 second round, your team rotates positions and a new leader attacks.
    • P-Skills - Characters in your team charge up abilities over X number of turns. Tapping them activates the ability, which might do damage, heal your team or buff their defenses.
    • G-Skills - Matching more than 6 gems will create a G-Skill gem. These can be linked with other gems during combat, activating bonus attacks and abilities.

• Evolution System - Collect the materials needed from missions to evolve characters to their next form.
    • Enhancement System - Merge characters together to increase their experience and skill levels.
    • Socket System - Push character stats past their maximum by socketing them with special materials.
    • Easy Energy System - Progression through the main campaign costs no energy, ensuring you're progress is not limited by the energy system. To make mission grinding more difficult though, re-running missions costs energy which refreshes every 5 minutes.

The game is a very early prototype, but most of the core features are complete. There's only a few quests at the moment, a handful of characters, there's no actual Gacha machine in the game yet and there is no tutorial. If you want to get an understanding of how to play, I will post a tutorial video below. I'll be starting a wiki soon with all the information in the game so far. While the project is very early days, you can at least jump in, complete a few missions and get an idea of how the game works.

So What's Next?
    Over the next few months I'll be adding in some important features to the game like a gacha machine, more monsters, more levels and start the groundwork on bigger goals like daily quests.

If you are interested in this game, leave me a post in this thread or tweet at me (@spectragate)!

Thanks everyone!

Spectragate.com
    @Spectragate

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016