Search Unity

Games [WIP]Private Detective - Detective simulator ?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by HelziX, Feb 28, 2018.

1. HelziX

HelziX

Hello everybody,

My name is Emanuel Da Costa and i'm 29 years old. I'm working on a project since the end of january 2018. I started making a thread in unity3d's french community and wanted to make a new one in english.

What is Private Detective ? (I'm not sure if i keep this name)
    I always wanted to make a game where you are playing as a real detective.

I mean, without any help such as :
    - please check the name of bla bla bla
    - sorry your question is inapproriate, try again
    - try to find the knife
    - etc.
    or even worse when you just have to spam clic on the screen and wait for the answer : "Congratulations, you found a clue, there is 2 more left"

Anyway, the concept of my game is very simple and can change in the future :
    There is one criminal in the city and you have to find him. To find him, you have to interact with him and "Accuse". You just have 1 try, you must be careful before accusing someone. Just one clic => win or loose.
    That sounds easy isn't it ? What if you are playing in a city against 100 people or even more ?

In short term (prototype) :
    - Create a game with a bunch of people, house, furnitures and a criminal with a very little IA
    - Even if the graphics aren't good, the gameplay must be fun and has to focus on investigation.
    - If i find the criminal only by luck ( > 90% ) => bad gameplay

In the long run :
    - I want to generate a living world (jobs, behaviours, pattern, cultural rules, house, appartments).
    - It must be procedural
    - Interesting IA
    - Lots of patterns
    - Complex behaviours
    - Investigation tools
    - Computer to simulate google ?

What i wan't to avoid :
    - Interrogations => to complex to implement ? I don't think it's a good idea but don't know how to create procedural interrogations.
    - Giving clues with no reason

What i achieved so far :

- Generating a world with 100 people, 50 houses
    - Simple data information per person
    - Generating a criminal with a mathematical pattern (you have to find where he kills)
    - Lazy behaviour ( go home => walk => shop => hang aroung => eat what he bought => die )
    - Search directory to find people
    - Minimap with murder location
    - Action panel when near a person
    - Check id card with more information

The game in screen shot (yes it's ugly and who cares ?? ahah) :

Here is the version 0.07 (01.03.2018) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ysyoor5k1gblpwx/detectiveENG_0_07.rar
    If you have any question don't hesitate, i would be glad to answer :)
    I will try my best to give you some news every week. (my failures, success, etc. )

PS : Sorry in advance pour my poor english :$

I wish you a good night from switzerland :)

theANMATOR2b and bradleymcmanus like this.
  2. bradleymcmanus

bradleymcmanus

Very cool! I like your concept. Doing a lot better than myself haha, I've just only begun learning this month.

3. HelziX

HelziX

Hey thank you very much :D !! What are you working on ? I'm learning unity3d too, we are in the same boat :p

4. bradleymcmanus

bradleymcmanus

Just trying to learn at the moment. I've messed with some 2d and 3d movement, played with the 35 physics a bit, did some work with sprites and now I'm attempting to make a procedurally generated landscape.

5. HelziX

HelziX

Oh nice :) how is it going ?

6. HelziX

HelziX

Hi, i wanted to let you know that i'm still working on the project but my job is taking all my free time so... it's going veeeerrrryyy slowly.
    I hope to be able to work more on the projet as of mid april :)