Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP]PolyGunz - A low poly FPS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MiniMe_, Sep 1, 2015.

1. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Hello everyone, welcome to PolyGunz!

PolyGunz is my second project, it is a multiplayer FPS with a low-poly artsyle. I am working on it all alone in my spare time.

Current Features:
    • Class creation system
      Create 4 classes with complete customizability: change attachments; apply camoflagues and choose your reticle shape and colour as you make you ultimate class
    • 3 grenades
      Utilize 3 different grenade types: Frag, Sticky and Contact
    • 6 weapons
      Arm yourself with: Assault Rifle, Sniper, SMG, Shotgun, Pistol and Rocket Launcher
    • 6 camoflagues
      Apply camoflagues to your attachments and your weapon body seperatly
    • 1 map
      More to come...
    Planned Features:
    • Working Multiplayer
    • More Weapons
    • More Maps
    • Custom class sharing
    • Character creation
    • Killstreaks
    • Level Progression

Pistol w/ Fast Mag, Red Dot Sight, Laser, Flash Suppressor

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Not sure how logical you want this game to be, but I'm pretty sure red dot and lasers aren't used together on the same weapon.
    Good looking lowpoly pistol though. Nice work.

3. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Cheers,
    I don't want my game to be ultra-realistic, hence the low poly artstyle. Unlike other FPS's I won't have a limit to how many attachments you can have on a weapon, so you can fill all the attachment slots and create your own weapon.

Currently I'm working on a weaponID system that gives each weapon an Identification number. This will allow me to save custom weapons (because I cant save prefabs), plus this will allow players to get the weaponID and share their weapons with fellow players.
    I plan on extending this so that it also creates a classID, allowing players to share their classes with each other.

4. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Haven't posted in a long time, because i've been very busy recently. A while ago I created a page on GameJolt if you want to play it in its current stages
    - http://gamejolt.com/games/polygunz/90814

I'll update the built soon once i've cleaned up some of the bugs.

5. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Probably about time to update this, not too much has changed in the way of wepon customization as I've mainly been working on the gameplay.

Updates
    - Updated the map
    - Added capturable flags
    - Modified ui
    - Added hit markers
    - Added the ability to pickup weapons

Bots
    Added fairly simple bots, which either captures flags or hunts the player. Bots have weapons and drop them when killed. Sometimes a bot will spawn with armour. When a bot is hit, blood spurts from the hit point.

Armour
    Currently armour has 50 hit points, and while it lasts reduces explosive damage by 30% and bullet damage by 10% while it lasts.

Slightly old images

^Weapon customization system with weaponID

^Breakable Glass

^Temporary bots with and without armour, both without weapon

Currently, i am unable to update the build as whenever I attempt to build the editor crashes.

Whiteleaf likes this.
  6. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Wow! This looks sweet!

7. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Thanks, if you have any ideas, tell me about them and I might put them in.

8. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Quite fun, I really like the idea of a simplistic fps. Alot of bugs but those can be ironed out later. However I really did like the upgrade system, it was quite nice. :)

Keep up the good work. :)

9. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Thanks alot!

For now I hope to keep it simple, but later I might customizable killstreaks, player customization, etc. Basically everything a standard FPS needs, with massive amount of customization and bad art.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Hello!
    Hey guys, it’s been a while, PolyGunz is currently on hold and will not be updated until January. So until then, here’s a list of current features:
    Main menu – You can select the map, the gamemode, amount of teams, players per team and decide if friendly fire is on or off
    Up to 8 players per team
    Up to 4 teams- Blue|Orange|Green|Lilac
    2 maps – Both WIP
    5 gamemodes
    • Attrition(Team death match with a limited amount of lives, when your team is out of lives, your team is unable to respawn)
    • Giants Wrath[WIP](Survive with your team against overpowered AI, no respawning, last team alive wins)

• Domination(Secure and hold the flags)
    • Zone Control[WIP](Secure and hold the zone, the zones position changes every minute, no respawning when your team owns the zone)
    • VIP(Protect your teams VIP, and eliminate the enemy’s VIP, no respawning)

3D Weapon creation - smooth camera movement, ability to name & save classes, each class & weapon has a ID that can be used to recreate this weapon/class (for sending to friends)[WIP], parallax effect for red dot sight, holographic and ACOG, laser light and flashlight (both can be toggled), attachments affect weapon stats
    6 weapons – Assault rifle, SMG, sniper, shotgun, pistol & RPG
    5 sights – Iron sight, Red dot sight, Holographic sight, ACOG & Sniper scope
    3 muzzle attachments – Flash suppressor[WIP], suppressor(changes shot sound), muzzle brake
    2 under barrel attachments – Grip(SMG & Assault rifle), Bipod(Sniper)
    3 magazines – Stock, Fast mag[WIP], extended mag
    2 Specials – Flashlight(Casts light, has flare), Laser(Increases accuracy when on)
    6 camouflages – Grey, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, White
    Two camouflages can be used at once(One for the attachments, one for the body)
    3 Grenades – Frag(Rolls around), Sticky(Sticks to stuff), Contact(Explodes on impact)

Bullet originates from the barrel, rather than from the camera
    Bullet can penetrate through walls
    Cone of accuracy for hipfire
    Weapon does full damage for its effective range then the damage drops of depending on distance.
    Can pickup weapons found on the battlefield
    Currently no animations

Different moving speeds for crouching, walking and sprinting
    Advanced heart rate system that acutely affects your movement speed, jump height, recoil recovery and hipfire spread.
    Jump height depends on position.
    Air speed depends on the speed that you took off on.

Score system:
    +20 Kill
    +((killstreak-1)*5) Kill streak
    +10 Revenge
    +10 Explosive
    +10 Headshot
    +10 Emergency(under 20hp)
    +5 Aerial(Mid-air kill)
    +15 Final Bullet
    +30 Final Clip
    -(dmg/10) Friendly fire
    -5 Death
    -50 Suicide

Scoreboard
    Kill feed with 3 kill icons (Bullet, Headshot, Explosive)

RavenOfCode and Whiteleaf like this.
  11. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Looking neat. Can't wait for more updates in January!

12. MiniMe_

MiniMe_

Thanks, I've got a big update lined up for January, featuring: new guns, night mode, new gamemodes, and I've fixed the weapon builder!