Search Unity

[WIP] POLYFORGE - A Symphony of Shapes, Sound and Color

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ImpactBlue, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ImpactBlue

ImpactBlue

Just wanted to share with you guys a small project I started a little over a month ago. My first foray into 3d after working strictly with 2d for years!

Some interesting technical details:

All of the polyhedrons are procedurally generated meshes, with randomisation mixed in!

I originally used simple directional/point lights to color the polys, but quickly found combining just a few lights lead to weirdly bright areas and inconsistently colors.

I ended up writing my own custom shader which would create a "Gradient Sphere" to light the polyhedrons a different color for different sides, and I am very happy with the results. This is based on a technique used by the guys who made Monument Valley.

Would really appreciate any feedback at all from the visuals to the gameplay, for anyone who wants to participate in the beta.

Gameplay Trailer:

Screenshots:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. kristianhargas

kristianhargas

It looks pretty nice! :) How did you make such a beautiful background? I am really interested in making that smooth color transition.

3. wangjiangang

wangjiangang

hi ImpactBlue. did your game music note is random or constant order~