Search Unity

Assets [WIP] Photogrammetry Textures & Models

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Takkik, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Takkik

Takkik

Hi guys!
    Working on creating photogrammetry assets. I'm actually processing photos I took past months and trying to improve the result & workflow. I'm using photoscan, Zbrush & Substance Designer. Screenshots are from Substance Designer.

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_02

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_03

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Takkik

Takkik

Reworked the first texture I posted on the small wip thread. Made some mistakes like capturing zbrush material lighting in the diffuse.

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_04
    WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_05

3. Takkik

Takkik

New texture. The close up are still blurry, I'm missing resolution. Will try to use details maps. When I can get new photos I will try to generate some material detail scan, or perhaps use substance to generate some procedural details maps.

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_06
    WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_07

one_one and Knightmore like this.
  4. Martin_H

Martin_H

For wall textures I'd be much more concerned about notable tiling. Imagine you'd try to build a castle with one of those cobblestone textures, with surfaces big enough to require 8+ times tiling the same texture. I'd imagine this to look rather poor with scans that are only 1 or 2 meter realworld size big. It's a problem that I also see with megascans' texture archive.

one_one likes this.
  5. Takkik

Takkik

You need to design your textures depending what you need. A low density texture will be better for camera close-up. But if I sample enough area I can create a more dense texture variant with less noticeable tilling.

Most modern games use tricks to break the tiling :
    - mixing textures in the shader with a mask
    - Using decals
    - Using geometry to add details.

But I'm open to any suggestion. When I can I'll try to create more dense variations.

Martin_H likes this.
  6. Takkik

Takkik

Updated previous stone wall test. Tweaked the textures in substance designer. Views from Unity editor, using Shader Forge Tesselation + Details map (from Photogrammetry too).

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_08
    WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_09
    WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_10

Martin_H likes this.
  7. Knightmore

Knightmore

Those are really nice and the three tools are the same I am going to use the next weeks. Could you tell me how many pictures you have shot for it? Or maybe even include a photoscan screenshot with the alignment shown. :)

8. Takkik

Takkik

Used 7 photos with an APS-C. Pretty low but I'm really limited by Ram (8go). Now I should try to take closer shots for the details. Keep in mind border zones of the shooting area will get lower precision and noise so don't hesitate to take more shot around the aera that interest you to increase the amount of overlaping in the edge (something I always forget), you can mask later in Photoscan.

WIP_TAKKIK_Photoscanl_01

I don't have problem to generate the first point cloud (hight/hightest) & dense point (hight) cloud but I miss the ram for mesh generation so I copy the chunk and generate small part of the mesh (with overlaping). Then you can align chunks with cameras and merge the meshes.

https://dinosaurpalaeo.wordpress.co...how-to-handle-a-project-in-agisoft-photoscan/

Hope it will help you!

Knightmore likes this.