Search Unity

[WIP]Outer Rim

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MobiusDev, Jun 6, 2014.

1. MobiusDev

MobiusDev

Outer rim is a Sci-fi RTS-RPG which is entity played from the first person perspective. You are the commander of a ship, and from the bridge you control your ship by giving orders to your crew and ship AI.

In five easy points
    • Heavily sci-fi with a enriched story
    • Fast paced with a punishing death mechanic, promoting a edge of the seat experience
    • A fresh approach to Real time strategy with extensive higher level strategy
    • A great mix of RTS and RPG
    • A great tool for out of the box thinking rarely seen before in games

Basic Ship mechanics
    • Standard WASD key to move around, for now you will only be able to walk around the strategy room, command deck and your personal quarters as a whole battleship would be far too taxing, plus i don't have 42 million dollars or the cry engine :p
    • One of the most important mechanics is the "TAT" which stands for the "tactical analysis table" this holographic table will display the currant battlefield (Space-battlefield?), with its tactical overlay. The player will freely walk up to this when he needs to move units or observe the battlefield
    • The captains next major system is his comms unit, from here he can give basic orders to other units such as other ships, for example negoiating surrender of other ships
    • the captains personnel PDA from this he can manage the logistics of the ship (crew, morale, ammunition, current weapons)
    • Terminals, these can be located throughout a ship and can be used to open doors, and set crew status, such as high alert, battle ready and at ease.
    • Marines allow for extra tactics, such as boarding and capturing ships, space stations, defending ships ect
    • Warping, ships can only warp using space lanes, these are for traveling between systems, and can take time, while we don't expect the player to wait hours, we can speed up time, these are perfect for ambushes ect
    • Types of ship include snub fighter, assalt ships, frigates, cruisers, battleships, carriers, super carriers, small medium and large transporters and spaceyacts.
    Being a RTS, its going to take a lot of balancing and planning so for now i'm doing a basic GDD and and graphic bible, which i'll post once i'm done. Then i'll be able to begin the fun part of actually making it. Also if you have any ideas on other mechanics then by all means post them. (The GDD should be finished by tonight)