Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Orion - Semi-Volumetric particles

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WoodenTable, Apr 25, 2018.

1. WoodenTable

WoodenTable

I'm proud to announce the early stages of Orion, currently a Semi-Volumetric shader system for particles, in the future plenty of more shaders will be added like skin, water, etc.

-What is first to come to Orion?
    I'll be starting off with Semi-Volumetric particles the first thing that will be added to the Orion system,
    most of the features and shaders for Semi-Volumetric particles are half way to completion.
    What I'm currently in the process of, is creating my own Screen-Space-Reflections for current and future shaders for the purpose of a custom PBR system giving off better reflections to a surface. Hence making the shaders more appealing to the eye.

-ScreenShot Showcase
    The only image effects used in the screenshot showcase are SSAO, AA, Bloom,
    Chromatic, Aberration, Color Grading, and Atmospheric Scattering.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

-When will Orion be released. And how much will it be?
    The release for the first part of Orion is unknown, but hopefully by the end of May.

I'm still undecided about the price, I was thinking $15-20 for Orion if that is a good price? Anyway,
    over time more features will be added to Orion, so if you purchase Orion you will 'not' be charged for
    any additional payment for updates,
    however the price will gradually increase when updates are added.

If you have any suggestions for things you would like to see in Orion message me or comment below.

Last edited: May 8, 2018