Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [WIP] Odin Inspector & Serializer Looking for Feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by jorisshh, Feb 22, 2017.

1. bjarkeck

bjarkeck

2. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

3. Kripll

Kripll

Hello. How to serialize Dictionary when I put it in class that is used to display Toggle?

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ActionPerson : SerializedMonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     [Toggle("Enabled")]
    4.     public MovePosition Move = new MovePosition();
    6.     [Serializable]
    7.     public class MovePosition
    8.     {
    9.         public bool Enabled;
    11.         [HideInInspector]
    12.         public string Title;
    14.         public enum Chouse
    15.         {
    16.             Transform,
    17.             Vector
    18.         }
    20.         [EnumToggleButtons]
    21.         public Chouse Parametrs;
    23.         [ShowInInspector]
    24.         [DictionaryDrawerSettings(DisplayMode = DictionaryDisplayOptions.OneLine)]
    25.         [SerializeField]
    26.         public Dictionary<GameObject, int> objectsPosition = new Dictionary<GameObject, int>();
    29.         [LabelText("startPosition")]
    30.         [ShowIf("Parametrs", Chouse.Vector)]
    31.         public Vector3 startPosition;
    32.         [LabelText("endtPosition")]
    33.         [ShowIf("Parametrs", Chouse.Vector)]
    34.         public Vector3 endPosition;
    36.         [LabelText("startPosition")]
    37.         [ShowIf("Parametrs", Chouse.Transform)]
    38.         public Transform startPosTran;
    39.         [LabelText("endtPosition")]
    40.         [ShowIf("Parametrs", Chouse.Transform)]
    41.         public Transform endPosTran;
    42.     }
    43. }

4. Sirenix

Sirenix

Your MovePosition class is currently serialized by Unity, not Odin - remove [Serializable] from the class, and then Odin will serialize it. See this FAQ answer for more info.

5. joshcamas

joshcamas

Hello, I have a question about your serializer.

I'm using it to save the game, and saving/loading it from a file. I also save a version number in the beginning of the file.

This version number is so in the future when I release the game, if I change something post release (like the name of a variable, or deleting a variable), I can change the current version number - then upon loading that old save, it can detect that it's out of date...

Problem is, if a variable in serialized format isn't in the class upon deserialization, wouldn't that make the variable not be created?

6. Tor-Vestergaard

Tor-Vestergaard

Indeed it would - if we have data for a field with a given name, but there is no serialized field (or field marked with [FormerlySerializedAs]) that matches the name, then the data is discarded and skipped over. I think there are a variety of possible solutions here, none of them entirely simple. If you'd like a more detailed discussion about this, feel free to join us on our discord.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    joshcamas likes this.
  7. joshcamas

joshcamas

The discord link is invalid :(

8. Flavelius

Flavelius

I have some fields marked with NonSerialized (some) and FoldoutGroup (a lot). Can i tell odin somehow to not include the nonserialized ones in the inspector?

9. Tor-Vestergaard

Tor-Vestergaard

Remove FoldoutGroup from the fields that are non-serialized? Then they will not show up in the inspector. Otherwise, as a general rule you can add [HideInInspector] to fields to make them never show up in the inspector.

10. Flavelius

Flavelius

The code was autogenerated, for about a hundred classes and hand-edited afterwards (cannot be easily regenerated). I only find&replace-d a similar attribute. Looks like i have to handle that differently then.

11. rakkarage

rakkarage

12. Tor-Vestergaard

Tor-Vestergaard

rakkarage likes this.
  13. Razziel

Razziel

BUG on Unity version 2018.2.0f2:
    Variables of type unity events are shown in the inspector as such:

I will now copy paste the logs:

Encountered the following exception when trying to instantiate a drawer of type UnityEventDrawer<UnityEvent>
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass35_0:<GetAllDrawers>b__2(DrawerInfo)
    System.Linq.<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1:MoveNext()
    Sirenix.Utilities.<Append>d__19`1:MoveNext() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.Utilities/Extensions/LinqExtensions.cs:343)
    System.Linq.Enumerable:ToArray(IEnumerable`1)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetAllDrawers(Type, Type, List`1, Boolean)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetValueDrawers(Type) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:710)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetDrawersForMemberInfo(MemberInfo, Type, Boolean) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:524)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetDrawersForProperty(InspectorProperty) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:535)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawProperty(InspectorProperty, GUIContent)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawProperty(InspectorProperty)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawPropertiesInTree(PropertyTree)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.PropertyTree:Draw(Boolean)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:DrawTree() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:541)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:DrawOdinInspector() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:533)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:516)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous matching in method resolution
    System.Reflection.Binder.FindMostDerivedMatch (System.Reflection.MethodBase[] match) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Binder.cs:106)
    System.MonoType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoType.cs:245)
    System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Type.cs:787)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.UnityPropertyHandlerUtility..cctor () (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Context/PropertyContext.cs:60)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.UnityPropertyHandlerUtility
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.UnityPropertyDrawer`2[UnityEditorInternal.UnityEventDrawer,UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent]..ctor ()
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.Drawers.UnityEventDrawer`1[UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent]..ctor () (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Drawers/Value Drawers/Vector4Drawer.cs:66)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:513)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:519)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
    System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:77)
    System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:372)
    System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:254)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator.GetDrawer (System.Type drawerType, Boolean forceUniqueDrawerInstance)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator+<>c__DisplayClass35_0.<GetAllDrawers>b__2 (Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerInfo info)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass35_0:<GetAllDrawers>b__2(DrawerInfo)
    System.Linq.<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1:MoveNext()
    Sirenix.Utilities.<Append>d__19`1:MoveNext() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.Utilities/Extensions/LinqExtensions.cs:343)
    System.Linq.Enumerable:ToArray(IEnumerable`1)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetAllDrawers(Type, Type, List`1, Boolean)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetValueDrawers(Type) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:710)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetDrawersForMemberInfo(MemberInfo, Type, Boolean) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:524)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.DrawerLocator:GetDrawersForProperty(InspectorProperty) (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Infos/InspectorPropertyInfo.cs:535)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawProperty(InspectorProperty, GUIContent)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawProperty(InspectorProperty)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.InspectorUtilities:DrawPropertiesInTree(PropertyTree)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.PropertyTree:Draw(Boolean)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:DrawTree() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:541)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:DrawOdinInspector() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:533)
    Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor.OdinEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at F:/Sirenix/Sirenix Solution/Sirenix.OdinInspector.Editor/Core/Children/PropertyValueCollection.cs:516)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

14. Tor-Vestergaard

Tor-Vestergaard

This is issue #365 (amongst others, it has been reported many times). Please see linked issue for more information.

15. prduquesne

prduquesne

Absoluteley incredible! Well DONE!! I can see myself using this in the near future.

16. jorisshh

jorisshh

Since Odin has been out for over a year now, we're closing this thread.
    Thanks for all the amazing feedback and comments over the past many months. Odin Inspector & Serializer will keep improving thanks to you fine folk!

Please move to the [Released] thread or Discord for future support and updates :)

17. RkSanders

RkSanders

Hi, loving the plugin. Is it possible to have something like the FoldoutGroup attribute use a static bool to know when it's expanded? I'd like to expand/collapse all FoldoutGroups with the same name. Exactly how expanding/collapsing a component in the inspector works.

Thanks!

18. Flavelius

Flavelius

You can wrap the static bool with a property

19. Razmot

Razmot

are the ECS functions / inspectors available somewhere ? I don't care if it's not completely stable - neither Ecs nor my own code are stable :p

20. RkSanders

RkSanders

I am I missing something? This is what I had but it doesn't update the bool value.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public static bool GLOBAL_SETTINGS;
    2.         public bool GlobalSettings {
    3.             get { return GLOBAL_SETTINGS; }
    4.             set { GLOBAL_SETTINGS = value; }
    5.         }
    7.         [FoldoutGroup("$GlobalSettings")]
    8.         public float variable;

21. Flavelius

Flavelius

It was just the first thing that came to my mind. Now that i had a look at it, it seems Foldoutgroup doesn't have an overload that accepts a member identifying string, your example would only change the title of the group.
    It's not as pretty, but you could decorate all those properties with the HideIf attribute instead that uses a member lookup.

22. vizgl

vizgl

Hi,
    I have made generic class WeightedRandomElement<T> and made drawer
    class WeightedRandomElementDrawer<T> : OdinValueDrawer<WeightedRandomElement<T>>

It's working, but if I create child class of WeightedRandomElement like:
    class WeightedRandomInt: WeightedRandomElement<int>

custom value drawer stoped working on new class. Where I can find option to make drawer work on children?

23. pretender

pretender

what is the easiest way to add button/action to every element in the list? thanks! great asset

joshcamas likes this.
  24. TwighlightSparkle

TwighlightSparkle

Hi! Is any way to subscribe more than one method to serialized delegate via inspector? I am looking for way like it is in UnityEvent. I imagine there is a lot of possibility to customise my drawr to do it, but i dont want to spend so much time to get into your code. I want use it as a ready-made solution.

upload_2021-2-5_20-46-32.png