Search Unity

[WIP] no project name

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by zarch, Feb 1, 2012.

1. zarch

zarch

well i had skipped around mmo engines but none i liked as much as unity so i have finally sat down and started working on some networking code. I started with the networking project provided by unity and have been modifying it to something new so now it doesn't really look like the old one to much. my game started small but after players at my school started playing it a lot(my whole class) i decided to work on it more. this is Japanese themed most of the stuff im doing is things i havnt done before even though ive worked with unity. no character animation cause i dont know how and these are just place holder character models till i learn to model arms and heads. i wanted to show u cause i think im doing good for only working on it for 2 weeks now and most of it was made in the first 3 days.

2. zarch

zarch

can u guys tell me if its a good start or not?

3. HykCraft

HykCraft

Yeah, seems like a good start. Do you have any video of the game so we can see it more in action?

4. zarch

zarch

yeah here is a video though it was made Friday and i did a few things during the weekend but u get the feel of it a little i can make a new one at ur request

EDIT: forgot to add the link lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIN2cn6GKCM

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  5. berinho

berinho

Congratulations! The game is great!
    How did you do this effect cartoon?

6. zarch

zarch

thank you very much. its the toon shading that is provided from unity

7. zarch

zarch

i would like to get animated characters that are better but for now id like to have these models animated if anypone can help me with that i would be gratefull. Im adding in a menu texturea and UI'ish lol

8. Dougomite

Dougomite

If you want to get some simple animations you could buy some from Maximo which can be done from inside the Unity editor. Also I recently found out about Ikinema's in browser animation editor. It works pretty well and is free while they test it out, http://www.ikinema.com/webanimate/webanimate.php. Also if you have a kinect camera or a few webcams, iPiSoft is decent motion capture solution for getting some animations.

9. berinho

berinho

It would be asking too much if you pass me a tutorial teaching how to make cartoon effect? :)

10. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

11. zarch

zarch

i know what im in for with a project thats online. and i have a friend that has done it thats helping me a bit when im stuck since im not a coder in unity.

and dude u import the toon affect asset and use that for ur textures. i can make a vid if u really cant figure it out

im adding a simple menu tonight

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  12. Meltdown

Meltdown

The environments and the grass look good although I'm not quite sure the look of the character fits in. Looks like a 2D image has been stuck onto the screen.

13. zarch

zarch

i wont deny the fact he looks like that because for being an ok modeler i cant make nice character other than the legs and torso

14. zarch

zarch

Well ik i havnt updated and thats because of graduation and other things going on. For awhile i had a problem with the code and that lots of glitches came up so i had not done much work but i added a few models so i thought id show them. Hope u enjoy.

We have thought of a name for the game and its now called Dojo Online

15. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

16. zarch

zarch

I dont use blender I use a program called AC3D and I plan to learn how to use maya or max

17. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

If you want to use it, I think I can export it to 3d Studio for you so you can still use it...

18. Alismuffin

Alismuffin

You'd have to re-rig it though I believe?
    Joints should remain intact though

Though maybe Blender to max has some sort of conversion
    Im not sure

19. zarch

zarch

id like to learn how to make my character better or at least learn to animate the ones i have now

20. zarch

zarch

Well i added a few new models that i made all the texture for except for the roofing which this was the fist time ive ever made that many. tell me what you think plz.

21. zarch

zarch

Well right now im working on a basic combat system and have completed a simple Minimap. In the video it shows the minimpa feature but the sound is off for some reason so i apologize for it. Please tell me what u think.