Search Unity

Games [WIP] New Era: Wolf Squadron

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TechnicianStudios, Jul 29, 2019.

1. TechnicianStudios

TechnicianStudios

Hey Everyone, my name is Sam and I will like to finally show the Unity 3D community what I been working on for a while. My project is called New Ear: Wolf Squadron.

The idea for the over all game is to be an action pack air/space combat game. You play as Wolf Squadron’s, Wolf Lead. The Idea is to have 6-9 missions (levels) you unlock as you play the single player. Missions will consist of missions you will normally find in such game. Defend targets, attack targets, dog fights etc. The inspiration for this comes from the Ace Combat games and Star Wars Rouge: Squadron for the N64. You will have the options to unlock and pilot a few different star fighters.

Though the major idea for this game is, its going to be designed for “PC Console” gaming. Which means it being made for a controller (preferred Xbox-360 or Xbox-One) controller and to be played at the comfort of living room couch. No keyboard and mouse support. Sounds risky but with the Ryzen 2200G, 2400G, 3200G, 3400G APUs being released, and people nowadays are looking to have a very small form factor PC to play games, and games in the living room; why not try to make a game that can run on such hardware. Also, if possible have it released on actual consoles.

As far as the story or background plot of the game I don’t have a solid idea yet, but as my project progresses, I will have something. Here are a few screen shots of my project. I’ll be updating this forum page as the game continues. I will try to get a video uploaded as well. More one thing, once the project comes together. I will make development build for people outside my circle to play, to get more realistic feedback and not just biased feedback. I update this forum post once builds will be made and available for download.

Hope everyone likes what I made to far,

Thank you,

Sam J

Layer 1EWWS-Pro-Pic.png Layer 2EWWS-Pro-Pic.png Layer 3EWWS-Pro-Pic.jpg NE-WS-_7-26-19_SSWIP.jpg

*NOTE* Images and videos posted will or will not represent the final product.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. TechnicianStudios

TechnicianStudios

Hi everyone, it's been a while. I am happy to inform everyone that the project is going well, and a lot of progress have been made. Here are a few images of the current project.

A prototype demo was released in December 2019 which show case what's to come from the game. Here is the link to the games page and download.

https://technicianstudios.itch.io/new-era-wolf-squadron

As far as what state the game is in right now... the game mechanics are pretty much done. So now focus on the art, missions, and "story" of the game. Can't wait to release more updates in the near future.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  3. TechnicianStudios

TechnicianStudios

We have here is a few pics of the mission loading screens, and craft selection screen. the craft selection screen is still a work in progress.

4. TechnicianStudios

TechnicianStudios

Started working on hanger which will be used for the craft selection screen.