Search Unity

Games [WIP] Never Immortal | 2D Multiplayer Top-down shooter

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by LawrenceDev, Sep 16, 2022.

1. LawrenceDev

LawrenceDev

Never Immortal
    Hello everybody!

I've been working on my game Never Immortal for about 3 years now. (on and off)

It's a 2D topdown shooter that you can play over the internet with your friends, but it's also possible to play solo (like in the video above).
    Currently there are 2 gamemodes:

Wave Survival
    With the Wave Survival gamemode you need to survive the incoming hordes of zombies to avoid being eaten alive. You can open the shop by pressing E to buy weapons, ammo or grenades. Every 5 waves you encounter a boss. You need to eliminate the boss to continue with the game. There are 2 ways to play Wave Survival. One way is to simply survive as many waves as you can but another (optional) way is to beat the map which I won't tell you how to do to avoid spoiling the game :) You can also try to get the Weapon Upgrade machine which will give you OP weapons.

Who is the zombie?
    If you prefer PvP over PvE I've got the gamemode for you.
    In Who is the zombie? you have three roles:
    • Human
    • Zombie
    • Detective

Everyone's roles are a secret except to themselves. The humans and detectives need to find out who the zombies are. Zombies look the same as humans and detectives on the outside, but they have one ability that those two other roles don't. By pressing the right mouse button zombies can turn into their zombie form. They become a lot faster and their eyes glow white. One problem: they can't shoot in their zombie form, they have to kill their opponents melee-style. Humans can't kill zombies outside of their zombie form, while detectives do have that ability. The detective however needs to make sure that he doesn't kill the innocent humans, because if he kills two humans in the same round, he will be kicked! Everyone earns money by surviving, and killing humans for zombies. The same applies when a detective or human kills a zombie. There is also a shop where everyone can buy cool items (grappling hooks for example) and weapons. There are also some detective and zombie exclusive items on sale. You buy things from the shop by approaching the shop owner and pressing F on your keyboard. The zombie can kill the shop owner which means you can no longer buy things for a round. Cash and items get reset every 20 rounds.

With the gamemodes out of the way let me talk about a download link. I'll be releasing a beta build very soon along with a server build (not required, you can also just host a server in-game) There are current 4 maps in total (2 for each gamemode) but I am planning to add more. I am also planning for custom map support in the future.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!
    Cheers,
    Lawrence

2. LawrenceDev

LawrenceDev

Hey everybody,
    I'm happy to say that I'm getting real close to releasing a beta build!
    The last two maps that needed to be completed (for the second gamemode) are now done (they could be decorated a bit more but they are functional enough for a beta release).

Here they are:

Zombie Town (Screenshot doesn't show the whole map)

Space Station

I also have a itch.io page where I'm going to release the beta build soon:
    https://lawrencedev.itch.io/never-immortal/

Now I'll be finishing up the server build and adding some minor things to the game and then I can finally release the beta build!
    Thanks for reading!
    Cheers,
    Lawrence

3. LawrenceDev

LawrenceDev

4. LawrenceDev

LawrenceDev

5. LawrenceDev

LawrenceDev