Search Unity

Assets [RELEASED] Modular Houses

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by QuadArt, Jan 20, 2018.

?

Do you interested in this pack?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. QuadArt

QuadArt

Modular Houses is on SALE
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/modular-houses-111089

Updated post
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/modular-houses-111089

-------------------------
    Hi everyone
    Want to share my latest project for Asset Store

Modular Houses - is a fully interactive house building pack with full interiors and the ability to walk inside. You can create a entire neighborhood with the endless variations. The package will contains over 200 modules.

Features:
    • Modular Exterior and Interior
    • High resolution models and textures
    • Over 200 Modules
    • Demo scene
    • Road,Stairs,Fence modules
    • 9 Pre-build houses included
    • Lightmap UVs
    Would be great to know if anyone is interested in such pack and also to hear ideas or suggestion how it can be improved.

Screenshots(Please note it is working progress stage)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. QuadArt

QuadArt

Update, add some grass and fences around houses

3. Reiner

Reiner

looks greate

QuadArt likes this.
  4. QuadArt

QuadArt

Update time, new lighting and finished map

5. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

This is a nice looking little scene. Needs a bit more fleshing out with neighborhood type stuff, but it's a great start.

QuadArt likes this.
  6. QuadArt

QuadArt

Thanks for feedback, what do you think I should add to make it feel more like a neighborhood?

JamesArndt likes this.
  7. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Well kind of like these images. If you walk around this neighborhood it feels filled out. There are shrubs, potted plants, gardening, street lights, power lines, mailboxes, parked cars, and a bunch of stuff that really sells it as a house in a neighborhood. Now you are offering a modular house system so I understand that is it's scope. I was just referencing maybe making a nice neighborhood scene for the demo or marketing aspect. Just to kind of "sell" it more.

I guess these images feel "lived in". If you look at those images of yours up top it kind of looks like a zombie apocalypse has happened and no people are actually living there any more.

QuadArt likes this.
  8. QuadArt

QuadArt

Heh you are right)) It looks sooo empty, need to add at least half of the stuff from your example. Will consider to do it ,thx)

JamesArndt likes this.
  9. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah no big deal. You have some VERY high quality artwork going on. The finishing touch will be filling it out so it looks "alive" or rather "lived in". Man once you have that going for you in your marketing images and YouTube videos you will sell so many of these packs we'll all be wearing golden diapers. (Apologies if you don't know that reference) :)

PS - You can grab other free assets off of the store to populate around your scene if they fit the art style....and it works as a great cross promotion with other Asset Store artists and sellers!

QuadArt likes this.
  10. QuadArt

QuadArt

Thanks, hope it wont get lost in the store because for now I have a hard time selling on Asset Store due to discoverability of the assets

JamesArndt likes this.
  11. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ah use Reddit, Imgur, YouTube, Twitter...put up pretty screenshots of any demo scenes you build with it. Do video developer logs on YouTube. People aren't going find someone they don't see. They won't see you in the Asset Store unless they literally search terms like "house" or something. They will see your stuff on YouTube though or Reddit. It's a second job marketing your stuff, but the more you do the more sales you get. You are already linking your assets in your Signature which was what I was going to say next. For some reason, with the signature link, when I am active on the forums posting elsewhere and commenting I see more sales on my Asset Store stuff. Just be active a little each morning on the forums too.

12. QuadArt

QuadArt

Yeah you are right, marketing is the second thing to do after the actual asset, I am from UE4 store, its pretty new and all you need to do to get a visibility is to just release the asset and it will go right on front page.
    Do you have some links maybe? :) I was able to find only the r/assetstore/ with around 100+ users

13. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/ has like 72k users at the moment. Post screenshots in there and videos just showing off scenes. Don't list a product for sale in there, just show off a video. Then in the video have a link to the asset store listing. Same thing with Screenshot Fridays. Share screengrabs of your artwork. People will end up asking if its for sale on the Asset Store. You won't really have to spam the Subreddits with "sale" listings either.

QuadArt likes this.
  14. QuadArt

QuadArt

Nice! Thank you for the info

JamesArndt likes this.
  15. QuadArt

QuadArt

16. QuadArt

QuadArt

And also a basement screen

17. QuadArt

QuadArt

I have did a video to better showcase the asset, the update was sent to Unity hope it will be released soon

CityGen3D likes this.
  18. QuadArt

QuadArt

19. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

A very beautiful asset, as I have spoken by email with its creator is still necessary some minor adjustments and addition of a greater diversity of complements to keep the neighborhood more alive, but I still like it very much, I await updates.

QuadArt likes this.
  20. QuadArt

QuadArt

Hi everyone!

Want to share wip screen from the upcoming update that will add module to build a Lighthouse, also I am working on on a Church module but its in early stage and not ready to be shown

hsxtreme and JamesArndt like this.
  21. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Updates ???

22. QuadArt

QuadArt

Sorry for radio silence , been very busy, the Lighthouse is ready, need few days to prepare it for submit

23. QuadArt

QuadArt

Lighthouse module is submitted for review

hsxtreme likes this.
  24. QuadArt

QuadArt

Its approved and should be available in a minute for all customers, located in Prefabs/Structures

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    hsxtreme likes this.
  25. cs747

cs747

Outstanding detail, certainly the highest quality house pack on both the Unity and UE4 market, will definitely purchase if needed in my projects!

QuadArt likes this.
  26. QuadArt

QuadArt

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!

27. QuadArt

QuadArt

28. lod3

lod3

@QuadArt

For atlasing purposes, what % of models in this package would you say use tiling UVs? Thank you.

29. QuadArt

QuadArt

To achive the best texture details and keep it flexible almost all assets use tiling UV, only small props is made with unique textures