Search Unity

Games [WIP-Metroidvania] Single developer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AudronGames, Nov 28, 2018.

?

Given the genre, do you think the concept and idea can be successful?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AudronGames

AudronGames

Hi folks,

For a while, i'm developing a game by myself. My profession is actually illustration and animation. I'm just learning coding. So I have no idea how long the process will take. But I'm sure I can finish it.

The main theme is the mysterious events that emerged in the 15th century Ottoman Empire. ( Yeg (Baba Yaga), gulyabani (ghoul), itbarak(werewolf), vampires, zombies and witches emerging in Constantiniye (aka İstanbul) etc.)

You can review a 20-second preview at the link below.

I am aware that there is not enough data to evaluate it yet.But, i'm glad to hear that what you're thinking about the first look and the idea.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Starpaq2 likes this.
  2. B_A

B_A

Hi Aydin,

The art style is definitely neat.
    The movement of the character looks pretty fluid and in line with a metroidvania style game.
    Being able move the camera up or down to see obstacles ahead is a nice touch too.

Is "Slap of God" a working title? Is it meant to be humourous? I laughed to myself a bit when I saw it. I'm not sure if that was the intent or not. It may also offend some people who are more religious. It really depends on the audience though. ;)

I'm curious to see more gameplay with enemies, obstacles and player character attacks, etc.

Nice start!

3. AudronGames

AudronGames

Thank you for your significant feedback.

In fact, I want to add humorous elements to some points and make the character a little bad. An anti-hero. I received some similar comments about religious belief. But i didn't care too much. I guess i'm gonna have to think about that again.

I waited for someone to write something all day. :)

Thanks again.

4. AudronGames

AudronGames

Waiting for different opinions with impatience :)

Hopefully this behavior is not a breach of forum rules.

5. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

First off, the art looks pretty great, kudos for that. I also think the setting of the Ottoman Empire is a nice niche idea, I must say its unusual.
    As someone who is religious, this name isn't offensive at all. Just because you use the word "God" doesn't make something "offensive." The name is just as "offensive" as a name like "Slap of the Hero" or something like that. Pretty much the only thing that could get offensive is blatantly lying about the religion and its beliefs.

6. AudronGames

AudronGames

Thanks for your motivating comment.

Due to the wars and invasions in history, Turks are often bad guys in most content (movies, books, etc.).Therefore, I try to create a balance in the game. Without making anyone angry, not anyone glorifying .

Actually "god" is a word linked to my scenario. But. it will only take place as a concept. I will try not to use any religious symbols or elements. (Unless there are indispensable elements of architectural structures or materials.)

Thanks again.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  7. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

This is a fantastic project. Great art style. The color scheme is unique and interesting, and those characters are dynamite. Without a word spoken a get a sense of humor and charm.

I hope this isn't too offensive, but as a non-english as first language speaker, I think at the end of your project you should consider hiring a good editor just to ensure your final presentation is as strong as possible. You've got a strong art presentation, so might as well polish up the rest of the visual presentation as well as possible. Really, I think anybody should do this, even native english speakers. Solid writing skills are pretty rare, and in a game with just a bit of writing and text-based instruction, I think it's important for it to be clear and concise.

Sorry, that isn't meant to be a big criticism or anything, just a lost train of thought.

Good work so far. I'd be interested to read in general terms how the learning to code is going along. It's a journey I'll take myself at some point.

8. qqqbbb

qqqbbb

About the poll:
    Game setting does not really decide if a game will be succesful of not. You should not worry about that.
    Binding of Isaac is super popular but its setting is nothing but sh1t, blood and tears.

9. AudronGames

AudronGames

Hello again,

I'm trying to developing every stage of the game. Although I'm an illustrator, digital painting isn't exactly an area I'm competent for. You know LoL splash screens. I intend is exactly like them. Now I'm trying to evolve in digital painting.

I hope you will like it.

View attachment 356341

alexanderameye and RavenOfCode like this.
  10. AudronGames

AudronGames

I would be happy to share the first colored screen I think the game's logo isn't good enough. But I'm thinking of using it because I spend a lot of time. At least for now. Remember that your feedback is very important to me.

View attachment 360325

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I'm not expert on logo design, but it looks pretty great to me! That said, I do worry that it isn't recognizable enough, especially once shrunk down to the size of a desktop icon or such.

alexanderameye likes this.