Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [WIP] Lostria - A tactical versus game

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by IssaBarbier, Feb 16, 2021.

1. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

Hello everyone!

I’m here to show you Lostria, a Unity project I’m currently working on for years now.

• Name : Lostria
    • Studio : Krysta Games
    • Category : Online, Tactical, Versus
    • Plateforme : Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
    • Price : Free to play
    • State : In development

GAMEPLAY

Lostria is based on the competitiveness between players. These players will start games against random opponents and try to win to climb in the ranking system!

First of all, in a game of Lostria, the players start by building their teams. To do so, they will select characters from their collection trying to build the best team to get the map objectives while fighting their opponent. Once the teams are ready, a turn-based battle takes place. During his turn, a player can move freely all his characters according to their mobility and skill points. A game ends when the map objectives are cleared or a player’s team is totally annihilated.

By winning games the player will receive gold, and with gold the player will be able to purchase new characters to build more different teams.

OTHER FEATURES
    • Game Modes : Tutoriel, Friendly, Vs AI, Ranked and Custom
    • Map Editor
    • Daily quests
    • And more !

STORY

In this antic world of Krysta universe, four factions are fighting whatever it is to conquer the world, claim their independence or simply to survive.

A millennium scientific empire targeting world domination and human supremacy.

A young tribal civilisation, they are fighting to push back the invaders with their overwhelming strength.

Beautiful womens with the ability to use the power of the elemental spirits, they were originally slaves of the humans and are now fighting to keep their freedom.

Ancestral being blessed with a great adaptability capacity, their young generations travel the world to claim new territories.

DEVELOPMENT

The project development comes close to its end and we should be ready for an alpha version before the end of the year.

TESTING THE GAME

The Dev Version of the game is currently accessible to everyone but in a close future the access will be limited as a reward on Patreon.

Here is the download link for windows : Drive - Lostria.zip (Windows)
    Unzip it and be sure to be logged on Steam before launching the .exe.

Since we currently have only Windows testers, the Mac and Linux versions aren’t uploaded, but if you want them feel free to ask!

SOCIAL NETWORK

Do you feel interested in Lostria? You can help by following us on our social network!

THANK YOU

Thanks for taking time to read and see you soon in the world of Lostria!

2. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

I’m currently working on a way to improve the visibility of the player actions by adding an highlight color on object and VFX.

Here is what it actually looks like, what do you think ?

3. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

I decided to resume the habit of making patch notes, to do this I took a few days to describe in as much detail as possible the current state of the project in order to have a basis for future updates as well as having a state of the art of the progress of the project.

The post is very long and it is highly probable that some elements have been forgotten. If you see any errors or something is missing please let me know.

Without further ado, here is the link: http://www.krystagames.com/lostria/news/lostria_update_2021_02_20

Thank you in advance to all who will take the time to read this post :)

4. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

Hi!
    here are some news :

we have separated the different versions (Demo, Development and Public).

Addition of an interface specific to the Development version to help testers perform their tests.

Quick concept to improve the visual of mastery levels.

Several other improvements have also been implemented as an option to have the action areas transparent.

More details on the updates with the following links:

We have also reworked the Patreon prices to make them more interesting!

5. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

Hello everyone!

I'm organizing a Lostria tournament for the weekend of May 29th to 30th. The event will be streamed live on Twitch (in french, but I can answer you in english). Saturday will be devoted to free games, presentation of the project, answering questions from the community and closing of registrations. The tournament will take place on Sunday and will end with an announcement about the future of the project.

As a reminder, Lostria is a turn-based strategy game, a game lasts between 20 and 40 minutes. You can find more information on our website https://www.krystagames.com/lostria.

All information about the event can be found on our website at the following address: https://www.krystagames.com/lostria/news/tounament_2021.

6. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Really like how this looks SaigonoRyu!

IssaBarbier likes this.
  7. IssaBarbier

IssaBarbier

Hey, I haven't tell you anything for a while!

As the project is nearing completion, this will also be the end of this thread soon.

For the latest news, we have: The addition of some models and animations, the addition of the microtransaction system, the addition of the Steam leaderboard and especially Lostria is finally available on Steam! The test version anyway .

Our new video:

Steam Page : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1687090/Lostria/

KICKSTARTER
    For our home stretch, we are organizing crowdfunding on Kickstarter. This will begin on July 23 for a period of 30 days. Be prepared as some rewards are limited :)

Thanks again to all those who have supported the project so far and all those who will support it in the future: heart:!