Search Unity

Games [WIP] Lazy P and Angry T - Make Movies with Unity!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Threeyes, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Threeyes

Threeyes

Hi! I am a programmer, and I love animation movie&shows such as Wall-E and Futurama, which I watch over and over again, they are both Entertaining and Inspiring.

I always want to make Shows like that, however, I am too damn lazy, and the common workflow for making movies requires lots of boring things that freaks me out such as:
    • Build up the Environment
    • Character Motion Capture(boring and nonreusable!)
    • Cut Scenes
    • Audios (this one is killing me)

After trying the Timeline and Cinemachine Plugin, I realize that I could finally Build my own TV Shows with blackjack and hookers Unity! So I start up a animation show project call Lazy P and Angry T In my spare time, and I will post some tips that will speed up the building process.What do a lazy guy want? Lazier!

Meet the main characters: P and T:)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. Threeyes

Threeyes

Common Animation Recording
    Animation Recording, the pain in the mouse.
    What will we do, if we want to record some simple tween such as bouncing ball?
    1. Create a ball, easy as pie!
    2. Open 'Animation Window', then create a 'Animation Clip' Asset (or just create and save inside Timeline, which basicly the same interface)
    3. Create key frames, and gentatly drag the key tangents, just click and click…( It that key round enough? Somebody hand me a ruler please!)
    4. After 10 or more minutes, when you finially satisfied with your work, put the clip into Timeline, not bad huh? Wait! The ball go through the floor!
    5. Open 'Animation Window' again , Change the key again.
    6. Put the clip into Timeline ag… No!The movement become unrealistic! And the key interval is too short!
    7. goto 3
    So, What's the problem here? Is that we are not the master of Animation? No, all we wanna do is to create a simple Motion Tween, but why we need to deal with tons of tangents and key values? Can't we just create a procedural tween?
    Luckly, there is a Plugin call DoTween/DoTween Pro, which is the most terrific Plugin that I have ever seen. However, it haven't support Timeline (yet), so I write less than 200 line of Playable Code to do so, here's the showcase:

With Timeline and DoTweenPro, I can easily modify the following property without touching the Animaition Window, and if I want to create a complex Tween, just combine multi tweens together!
    • Tween Target and Tween value
    • Duration
    • Loop and LoopType
    • Tween Ease Type(Build In or custom Curve, it's up to your choice)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.