Search Unity

[WIP] Inv3ntor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ashjack, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ashjack

ashjack

Hi! I am a newbie to Unity, and what I have to show is very incomplete, but I wanted to see how people thought of it and if they could find problems that I could not. My game is about making inventions.

The player will be able to make pretty much anything they want as long as it is small enough. They will be able to use larger/smaller parts, functional parts (Battery, motor, etc) and more detailed decorative parts. The player then has the chance to test the invention in a variety of scenarios, such as resistance, danger to humans and if it can actually do the job.

Controls:
    Click on a button to spawn in a part
    Drag the background to rotate the camera
    Drag a part to move it/rotate it
    Press R to switch between rotation and position mode
    Press J to switch to joint mode (press R to switch back)

$3Bpvf3P.jpg

I would give you the link to my webs website, but I am having trouble publishing it at the moment, so I will link you directly to the mediafire link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ust6cdse50cmf15/Inv3ntor.zip

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. ScottSewards

ScottSewards

When you say invention what specifically can the player make? When making a game you should write your plan into a document with all of it's details, characters, story/plot, setting theme, logo design colours and effects? Graphical style (cartoony, realistic) I can go on but you get the jift...

I would suggest not titling the game 'Inv3ntor', but instead 'Inventor'. In general people will assume it is the third instalment to a franchise, it would make sense if it were 'Inventor 3D' or 'Inventor 3', a game for example like the title you have now are Ratchet Clank: All 4 One which is not the 4th instalment but it works. Just some advice and no hostility meant in case you have a misinterpretation of my writing tone but keep the name if you like it.

From a concept perspective being an inventor does sound interesting.

Scott.

3. ashjack

ashjack

Thanks for the feedback! I'll update the post. I would call it Inventor, if there weren't about 5 trademarks on that word. I'll update the title when I think of a new name!

4. virror

virror

Sounds interesting!
    Would be with a batter description of what types of stuff you could make and how it all will work : )