Search Unity

Feedback WIP hexagon lights version 2.1

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by mb28, May 2, 2020.

1. mb28

mb28

Ongoing work with Substance PBR stuff, HDRP, and reactive visuals to music. Would love to get thoughts, comments, suggestions.

Now there are 3 colors each corresponding to a different frequency range. Blue = lower freq, Red = mid freq, & Yellow = high freq. You can really see this in the beginning with the song buildup. Tweaked textures to add some variability between assets as well.

Next steps are to build a better positioning system so you don't see any collisions with hexagon parts. Looks like I'm going to have to pre-process that positioning with the physics collision checks before letting the hexagons build out.

Also need to incorporate larger hexagons underneath the ones we see here to better capture bass notes/frequencies. Need to fix particle flashing issue, that's a new one but probably tied to the audio control I have set for it right now.

All audio processing is done live through Cycling'74 Max/MSP 7.3, customized audio streams sent to Unity via OSC (opensoundcontrol). Camera can and does autodrive, but I can also modify all the views through a standard xbox controller

Thanks in advance for the input too!