Search Unity

Showcase [WIP] Graphene - Open Source Reactive UI + Component-Kit - Routing, Binding, Templates, Boilerplate

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by LudiKha, Oct 8, 2020.

1. LudiKha

LudiKha

Hi y'all,

I just released version 0.1.0 for Graphene - an open-source framework & component-kit built on top of Unity UI Toolkit! It's an early release, but stable and in production use for a game. At this point I'd love any feedback, and for people to join or contribute to the project!

About
    Graphene superconducts your creativity for efficiently building modern interactive UI for games. It takes care of the heavy lifting by providing a framework inspired by Web standards, right into Unity.

It's lightweight and modular - you get to pick and choose which parts you need for your projects.
    • Declarative Hierarchy: Graphene makes it painless to design interactive UI. Use the familiar GameObjects hierarchy to design simple Views as sections of the screen or nested states.
    • Reduce Boilerplate: Focus on your custom logic and design of building UI instead of repeating low-level tasks for each unique screen you are building. Graphene comes with a number of Controls that greatly enhance the speed of creating interactive UI, whilst reducing the need of custom view controllers in C# by exposing vital functionality in Uxml.
    • Attribute-Based: Instruct your UI to both draw and bind templates using any data-container with a [Bind] attribute. Primitives, objects, collections, one-way, two-way binding, specific control selection: the parts you'll be most frequently developing with in C# are exposed via attributes
    • State-Based Routing: Use the GameObject hierarchy dynamically construct your router's states. Its functionality mimics url-based addresses: index/settings/video.
    • Template Composition: Reuse your static assets by writing atomic templates, and dynamically compose them in runtime.
    It comes with a component-kit library, sample project, several VisualElement extensions and an online demo to get you started.

Thanks for reading... Please let me know in the comments what your thoughts are, and if you it's of any use to your projects!

- Khaya

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    lilacsky824, Boolable, IEdge and 11 others like this.
  2. LudiKha

LudiKha

Graphene v0.1.3 is out - it features some bugfixes and stability and usability improvements.

New Sample Project

For those who had trouble trying the demo package - a new sample project is now available. This should be easier to set up than the previous package-based implementation.

WebGL Demo Features
    Added Settings Menu to the online demo, which better showcases two-way binding and custom model/controller implementations.

Next Up
    With some of the most basic usability concerns now (hopefully) addressed, I'll be focusing on improving documentation, starting with the core components.

Boolable and Pritchard like this.